Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOOOOO.... we got Netflix yesterday

Posted by   + Show Post

because my youngest son was Jonesing for it and I was thinking it would be a great idea.

What sold DH was that they could use their Xbox and Wii to watch movies along with the computer.

For me, I'm going to look into watching a few TV Shows that I hadn't watched.... such as Scandal perhaps?   LOL

Also, my boys are now old enough to watch LOST so maybe I'll go back and rewatch the whole series with them and then finally see the series finale (for the first time).

So tell me....who here has Netflix and what do you use it for primarily?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Replies (21-26):
kary29
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I watched House of Cards.  Started a thread on here but I guess no one else had watched it. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it, then I was hooked.  Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright were awesome, people you love to hate, lol.   I hope the next season comes out soon.  There's also Hemlock Grove, another Netflix original series, I tried that one but it's not for me.

Quoting mypaperlife:

We've had it for over a year - possibly two now??  I was using it to watch old series when in my scraproom once SoapNet bit the dust on Comcast.  Honestly I'm not even sure if it's worth the $8 we pay a month since we hardly use it.  There was a cool original series on there last year "House of Cards"  - not kid friendly LOL.  I need to ask hubby if it's coming back.  I spend more of my time watching Hulu now for soap operas. 

L0VE2L0VEY00H
by New Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I have had Netflix for 5 years and absolutely love it. You can view movies instantly on my tv, phone, and tablet. Definitely a must have.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I love hearing this!

By the way, Welcome!! 

Quoting L0VE2L0VEY00H:

I have had Netflix for 5 years and absolutely love it. You can view movies instantly on my tv, phone, and tablet. Definitely a must have.

L0VE2L0VEY00H
by New Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Thanks love! I know you will enjoy it :)

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I love hearing this!

By the way, Welcome!! 

Quoting L0VE2L0VEY00H:

RatherBeReading
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I watched the first 3 episodes of Hemlock Grove and liked it....I told my husband I would wait for him to watch any more, but I am getting tired of waiting, lol. (This happens a lot....he wants to watch a series and then we watch a few and then he always has something else to do and I just want to watch! Drives me nuts)

Quoting kary29:

I watched House of Cards.  Started a thread on here but I guess no one else had watched it. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it, then I was hooked.  Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright were awesome, people you love to hate, lol.   I hope the next season comes out soon.  There's also Hemlock Grove, another Netflix original series, I tried that one but it's not for me.

Quoting mypaperlife:

We've had it for over a year - possibly two now??  I was using it to watch old series when in my scraproom once SoapNet bit the dust on Comcast.  Honestly I'm not even sure if it's worth the $8 we pay a month since we hardly use it.  There was a cool original series on there last year "House of Cards"  - not kid friendly LOL.  I need to ask hubby if it's coming back.  I spend more of my time watching Hulu now for soap operas. 

kary29
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Glad you like HG.  Maybe I'll give it another chance.

I don't wait for my husband anymore.  He never wants to watch things when I do. 

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I watched the first 3 episodes of Hemlock Grove and liked it....I told my husband I would wait for him to watch any more, but I am getting tired of waiting, lol. (This happens a lot....he wants to watch a series and then we watch a few and then he always has something else to do and I just want to watch! Drives me nuts)

Quoting kary29:

Quoting mypaperlife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)