Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who saw Iron Man 3 already?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

I'll start out with a non-spoiler.... stay until after ALL of the credits roll.   There's an extra scene.

Now I'll start talking about stuff that is a spoiler, so don't keep looking if you don't want to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was surprised with the Mandarin twist.   I only read a few things about this movie over the past year or so and one of the things I *thought* I had read was how Ben Kingsley plays one of the most treacherous villains in quite some time.    Well "Trevor" wasn't very treacherous, was he?   LOL    But I'll admit I laughed a lot especially when there was a score on the soccer game and he started to sing "Ole Ole Ole Oleeeeee". 

I also didn't think Pepper was dead.   I figured with that "crap" in her she'd survive and then come to Tony's aid.  

Loved the kid!   I'm surprised that my youngest hasn't tried to make a potato launcher yet.    

All in all, my family really liked this movie! 

by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM

We watched it on Saturday.  Dd decided to stay home with her brother since she will have to go to Star Trek in a couple of weeks(enough sci fi, superhero stuff for her) and then of course Superman in June and Wolverine in July.

I liked the movie better then dh but he always says that Iron Man is not his favorite hero.  Out of all three movies his favorite was the first one.   For me I like Iron Man because of the comedy aspect of it all.  Robert Downey Jr. makes me laugh and I like that. 

So ds went friday night and he told us there was a huge surprise ending.  Of course that had us all excited....so it was kind of a let down in away.  I really thought Pepper was dead because that was in the last 30 mins so I was pretty upset until we found out she was alive then I was really happy.  I like Pepper.  I had the Mandarin twist figured out early on so I wasn't surprised by that.  I also figured out that the one night stand was part of it.  I think I watch to much of this kind of stuff because it was too predictable.

Loved the humor of the movie....favorite part was the kid.  There was a huge part of me that wished he was an orphan so he could live with "the mechanic" and Pepper.

Oh and found out that the huge surprise ending for ds was the fact that they took Tony's energy socket out of his chest.  Honestly I was confused by that too until dh explained that it wasn't his energy source anymore only the thing that saved the shrapnel from killing him.  So for a bit both ds and I thought that Tony couldn't be Iron Man anymore...well that isn't the case. 

Oh and loved Ben Kingsley....he was funny too.  Again loved the humor of the movie!!!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We watched Iron Man 2 last night where he struggled with the palladium in his chest, blah blah blah so I have to say that I was disappointed that Tony "easily" had the energy socket taken out and he was "cured".   If it was THAT easy why didn't he do that in the other movies?   

I always love the humor in these movies.   I think it's adds another element that makes these kind of movies fun to watch.

Oh and we love to see the Stan Lee cameos - he was in the BINGO hall.   lol

I was kind of disappointed about the kid... it was great that Tony gave him all of that stuff, but I would have also preferred that something more significant happened with him & Tony.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh and we love to see the Stan Lee cameos - he was in the BINGO hall.   lol  I love his cameos too.  You just never know where he is going to pop up!!!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

We actually say out loud "LOOK there's Stan Lee".    ROFL.    I'm such a geek.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)