Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite hobby??

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

Okay besides watching TV what is YOUR favorite hobby??

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Mine is reading.  I love to read and dh is thankful every day for the kindle because I like to keep most of the books I read.  Let me tell you I have quite the library of smutty books...lol   reading<-----sorry romance novels.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm a scrapbooking fanatic!   LOL!   I love it, even though I hardly ever scrap anymore unless I am away on a scrapbooking trip.    I try to do that two times a year - it's like mommy therapy!  

I also love to read.    Reading has been a constant for me since I was a child.   I'm enamored with a series right now (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward).   I just finished book ten (yes ten!) and am heading into book 11 today!   Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I'm a scrapbooking fanatic!   LOL!   I love it, even though I hardly ever scrap anymore unless I am away on a scrapbooking trip.    I try to do that two times a year - it's like mommy therapy!   Now this doesn't surprise me.  lol

I also love to read.    Reading has been a constant for me since I was a child.   I'm enamored with a series right now (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward).   I just finished book ten (yes ten!) and am heading into book 11 today!   Weeeeeeeeeeeee!  You have commented on this series before.  I should look into it.  I do read some sci fi but I'm pretty picky.  And even though I wrote about smutty books I actually like Mysteries the best.  Favorite sci fi trilogy right now is A Discovery of Witches....waiting on book three.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

The Black Dagger Brotherhood (BDB) books have a lot of everything.   There's definitely sex (good sex).   LOL.   There are mysteries.   It's a whole new world created and I find it very interesting.   You have to be okay with Sci Fi stuff, though because some areas get a little "out there", but it's freaking vampires so it's all made up anyway.    LOL

mypaperlife
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I scrapbook (which is how I "met" LisaLoopner) and I love to read....can pass on the BDB series LOL.  I read a lot of cozy mysteries and Danielle Steel/Debbie Macomber/Nora Roberts. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I have a Nora Roberts book waiting in the wings.... I'm almost done with the BDB books and I'll need to switch gears for awhile.    I haven't read a DS novel in over a year.    Might be a nice change of pace.   LOL

Quoting mypaperlife:

I scrapbook (which is how I "met" LisaLoopner) and I love to read....can pass on the BDB series LOL.  I read a lot of cozy mysteries and Danielle Steel/Debbie Macomber/Nora Roberts. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Okay I like Vampires so I now have this on my list of books to read.  I have to say it's nice when the series is all ready in full swing because if I like it then I don't have to wait on the next book.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

The Black Dagger Brotherhood (BDB) books have a lot of everything.   There's definitely sex (good sex).   LOL.   There are mysteries.   It's a whole new world created and I find it very interesting.   You have to be okay with Sci Fi stuff, though because some areas get a little "out there", but it's freaking vampires so it's all made up anyway.    LOL

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I like Nora Roberts.  Have you ever watched when Lifetime when they make her books into movies?  That is always a fun month for me.  My kids roll their eyes but I love it.

Quoting mypaperlife:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Exactly!  And at first, I was like "holy crap there are 11 books" and now I'm like "what am I going to do when I finish book 11?".    ROFL

Quoting pixie124:

Okay I like Vampires so I now have this on my list of books to read.  I have to say it's nice when the series is all ready in full swing because if I like it then I don't have to wait on the next book.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

RatherBeReading
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I have never been able to get into Nora Roberts, but I did enjoy her book Angels Fall, and liked the movie when it was made. 

Reading is my hobby too, and I read most every night before I go to sleep. I'll add my siggy on here, since there are so many readers...I am an admin in 2 reading based groups :)

Quoting pixie124:

I like Nora Roberts.  Have you ever watched when Lifetime when they make her books into movies?  That is always a fun month for me.  My kids roll their eyes but I love it.

Quoting mypaperlife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)