Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have Windows 8?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 105 Total Views

If you do, can I ask how you have your email on it?   I got a new computer for Mother's Day, but there's a lot of different stuff to learn and I'm going mental.    Right now, I'm using the old computer.   LOL.

So I've had my email as Outlook Express or Outlook Mail.   More recently, it was "Windows Live Mail".   It all basically looked the same.    Now, I can't find anything like that on Windows 8.    I can access my email through the cable company's site but it looks more like Yahoo or GMail and I do not like my email like that.   It's less accessible in my opinion.   I also have stuff saved in my email (for work) that I wanted to import, but I don't see that happening.

HMMM!!!

Any help or insight would be great! 

by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I need to pay attention to this....we are getting a new laptop for ds that will have Windows 8 and we will need to know this too.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I needed a basic tutorial from DS #2 just to navigate it.   Once you figure it out, it's not so bad, but the whole email thing is annoying as heck.   I don't like the "view" of gmail or yahoo so I hope there's another solution.   I might call Time Warner Cable (who we have interent with) and ask if someone can help me set it up.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM

It makes me feel super old that my ds is always helping me work thru computer problems.  I know he has to repeat things and I'm sure he rolls his eye but I'm really not tech savy.  I suppose the good news is that when we get him the laptop HE will probably actually know how to run all this stuff without our help anyway.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I needed a basic tutorial from DS #2 just to navigate it.   Once you figure it out, it's not so bad, but the whole email thing is annoying as heck.   I don't like the "view" of gmail or yahoo so I hope there's another solution.   I might call Time Warner Cable (who we have interent with) and ask if someone can help me set it up.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I love that my boys are tech savvy and can help me.   I let them learn and then they can teach me!   LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)