Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*~*~* Friday Five 5/31 *~*~*

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

It's Friday!  Whoop!

love you sign

#1 - What did you watch on TV last night?

#2 - Any TV watching plans for this weekend?

#3 - When is the last day of school where you are?

#4 - What is your weather like?

#5 - Any fun weekend plans?  

by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

#1 - We watched two episodes of Chopped last night on Food Network.    I really couldn't find anything else I wanted to watch.

#2 - DH is going on a guy's golf trip starting on Saturday, so yes, I plan on watching stuff... maybe a few chick movies that DH wouldn't want to watch.   I should check out Netflix since I haven't spent much time with it since we got it. 

#3 - Last day is next Thursday 6/6.    Wooooo Hoooooooooooo

#4 - It's gotten warmer - low 80s.   I can feel the humidity creeping back in, which sucks because it makes it feel so much hotter & stickier.   

#5 - Weekend plans would be taking DS #2 to the skate park tomorrow and then just chilling out all weekend.   Maybe I'll take the kids to the pool, too.

Mslinda2013
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:13 PM

#1 - What did you watch on TV last night? I actually don't remember! I think the basketball game was on in the background

#2 - Any TV watching plans for this weekend? I am so backed up on the DVR  so hopefully I can catch up on some

#3 - When is the last day of school where you are? In the district I work for the last day is June 14. My son graduated from high school last Tuesday so he is all done!

#4 - What is your weather like? Hot in the 90's. There is a fire going on around here. Not close enough to threaten us but the winds are blowing the smoke over and causing unhealthful air.

#5 - Any fun weekend plans?  Well I had thought I would have a nice relaxing weekend with just me and my younger son. DH and my older son were flying back to Philadelphia for the weekend to go to a rugby tournament. My son goes to school near there so he was planning to meet up with friends. After spending all day at LAX their flight was cancelled so they are now heading home. I'm not sure of all the details yet I think it was mechanical problems and the airline couldn't get them there until later tomorrow so they are giving up :(

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Rookie Blue / Motive / Fatal Encounters /  Behind Manson Walls

I have to clean out my DVR because next Wednesday we are switching Providers...

My Son's been home from college for about a month now...my granddaughter's last day is next Friday

Pretty nice & warm...upper 80's

I think I'm going to go with daughter & granddaughter to the movies tomorrow :)

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Yuck.... sorry about the smoke, but I'm glad you're safe.    

So both of your sons are out of HS now?   I'll be you in 6 years and I'm not ready!   I'm just not going to be ready!  

Bummer about their flight... that is no fun!  Hope you have a great weekend regardless of the set back!

Quoting Mslinda2013:

#1 - What did you watch on TV last night? I actually don't remember! I think the basketball game was on in the background

#2 - Any TV watching plans for this weekend? I am so backed up on the DVR  so hopefully I can catch up on some

#3 - When is the last day of school where you are? In the district I work for the last day is June 14. My son graduated from high school last Tuesday so he is all done!

#4 - What is your weather like? Hot in the 90's. There is a fire going on around here. Not close enough to threaten us but the winds are blowing the smoke over and causing unhealthful air.

#5 - Any fun weekend plans?  Well I had thought I would have a nice relaxing weekend with just me and my younger son. DH and my older son were flying back to Philadelphia for the weekend to go to a rugby tournament. My son goes to school near there so he was planning to meet up with friends. After spending all day at LAX their flight was cancelled so they are now heading home. I'm not sure of all the details yet I think it was mechanical problems and the airline couldn't get them there until later tomorrow so they are giving up :(

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Well you watched quite a few things!   Good for you.    Good luck cleaning off the DVR!  

What movie are you going to see?   A nice, air conditioned movie theater sounds like a good place to be!   lol

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

My Son's been home from college for about a month now...my granddaughter's last day is next Friday

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM

#1 - What did you watch on TV last night?  I can't remember for sure what I watched on Thursday.  I think it was weather because Hannibal wasn't on instead it was the weatherman.  We might have watched some stuff on the DVR.

#2 - Any TV watching plans for this weekend? No TV watching plans for Friday or Saturday but Sunday night we have Game of Thrones and Army Wives.

#3 - When is the last day of school where you are? The last day of school was May 23rd.  So the kids have been out for over a week.

#4 - What is your weather like? Last week we had severe storms.  Looks like this week we have a potential for strong storms and 80 degree temps.  Which the temps are considered normal but since we have had two very hot summers previous it seems out of place for June.  I of course LOVE the 80 degree temps.

#5 - Any fun weekend plans?  The weekend did not go according to plan and we left my husband's Fly-in early.  It was a huge sloppy mess...mud everywhere, getting stuck, bug bites, burns, the worry about what was going on in Oklahoma since there were tornado warnings for our town.  Overall we were just happy to be home.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Lisa, I was wondering where you were on Friday.  I don't know why, but I didn't realize you'd be away.    Sorry to hear that the weekend was a bit of a strain.    Home can be the best place to be some days.    

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

We saw Escape from Planet Earth...it was a nice children's movie, I enjoyed it :)

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Well you watched quite a few things!   Good for you.    Good luck cleaning off the DVR!  

What movie are you going to see?   A nice, air conditioned movie theater sounds like a good place to be!   lol

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Oh nice.... I enjoy children's movies.    The "free summer movies" start here next week and I hope to drag my boys butts out of bed a few times to go see them!

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

We saw Escape from Planet Earth...it was a nice children's movie, I enjoyed it :)

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)