• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did everyone watch last night??

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

So what did you watch last night(Tuesday July 23rd)??

I watched SYTYCD, which I will write a post about a little later and I finally finished up Magic Mike.  I had taped Magic Mike on HBO but it's hard to watch it with a 12 year old girl running around the house and my hubby and son have NO DESIRE to watch it.  So it took me a little over a week but I'm done with the movie.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM

What did you think of Magic Mike?  It's a little more "rough around the edges" than I thought it would be.   I've watched it a 2nd time, but I am not sure if it's a movie I'll watch over and over.   LOL

Let's see, DH had the remote so we watched The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton.   Yup, that's what I watched last night.   hahahaha.   I then watched The Bachelorette on my DVR from 2 weeks ago (the one with the home town dates).  

happymommy82
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I watched the tail end of Whose Line is it Anyways and America's Got Talent. Then switched over to Netflix to watch Felicity. lol
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I remembered to record Whose Line is it Anyways?  We now just have to find a time to sit down and watch it.

Quoting happymommy82:

I watched the tail end of Whose Line is it Anyways and America's Got Talent. Then switched over to Netflix to watch Felicity. lol

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

What did you think of Magic Mike?  It's a little more "rough around the edges" than I thought it would be.   I've watched it a 2nd time, but I am not sure if it's a movie I'll watch over and over.   LOL It was okay.  I ended up laughing a lot, which made me feel bad until I got to the end and looked at the information for the movie itself and it called it a comedy drama.  I couldn't help myself, I kept wondering what parts of this movie where Channing's life?  Was he like The Kid?  Was he Magic Mike?  I have to say he is a good actual dancer, not talking about hip thrusting but good dancer.  I think he was in something like Step it Up or something so that would make sense.  I really wished the would have developed the storyline between he and The kid's sister more.  It just didn't seem like there was enough there.  They would brush upon it on occasion but it wasn't out there.  It was interesting seeing all the dancers and saying....well there is Delko from CSI: Miami and the guy from White Collar and Alcide from True Blood.  Like you it's not a movie I will watch over and over but I don't think it was horrific, just not as GOOD as everyone said it was.

Let's see, DH had the remote so we watched The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton.   Yup, that's what I watched last night.   hahahaha.   I then watched The Bachelorette on my DVR from 2 weeks ago (the one with the home town dates).  

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Hahahahaha.... yes, I was a little preoccupied with the other dancers and their other roles.  Delko kinda creeped me out a bit, I have to admit, though.   LOL

I didn't love that the movie delved so much into The Kid's problems and all of that.   I would have rather they did more with Mike (Channing), too and not just because he is nice to look at.   ha!   Yes, he really is a good dancer and was the most interesting one to watch.

I have to admit that I loved that we got to see Matthew Mc dance, too, though!   wink wink.

Quoting pixie124:r

Quoting LisaLoopner:

What did you think of Magic Mike?  It's a little more "rough around the edges" than I thought it would be.   I've watched it a 2nd time, but I am not sure if it's a movie I'll watch over and over.   LOL It was okay.  I ended up laughing a lot, which made me feel bad until I got to the end and looked at the information for the movie itself and it called it a comedy drama.  I couldn't help myself, I kept wondering what parts of this movie where Channing's life?  Was he like The Kid?  Was he Magic Mike?  I have to say he is a good actual dancer, not talking about hip thrusting but good dancer.  I think he was in something like Step it Up or something so that would make sense.  I really wished the would have developed the storyline between he and The kid's sister more.  It just didn't seem like there was enough there.  They would brush upon it on occasion but it wasn't out there.  It was interesting seeing all the dancers and saying....well there is Delko from CSI: Miami and the guy from White Collar and Alcide from True Blood.  Like you it's not a movie I will watch over and over but I don't think it was horrific, just not as GOOD as everyone said it was.

jaccikniskern
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Watched "House of 1000 Corpses" and than later on watched AGT "results"
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I have never heard of this House of 1000 Corpses.  Is it a movie, TV series??  Tell me more, I'm curious.

Quoting jaccikniskern:

jaccikniskern
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
It is a scary, weird a$$ movie, about a family who likes to kill and do weird things to the dead bodies, or even before they are dead. Let's put it this way, if you have ever heard of Rob Zombie movies, they are bizzare and bloddy and way out there.
Quoting pixie124:

I have never heard of this House of 1000 Corpses.  Is it a movie, TV series??  Tell me more, I'm curious.

Quoting jaccikniskern:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Hmmm....crazy as it sounds if you told me it was a tv show I would probably watch it but since it's a movie I probably won't.  lol  Well and the whole "do weird things to the dead bodies" kinda has me grossed out and I haven't even seen a preview.  Thank you for telling me so I'm no longer curious.

Quoting jaccikniskern:

It is a scary, weird a$$ movie, about a family who likes to kill and do weird things to the dead bodies, or even before they are dead. Let's put it this way, if you have ever heard of Rob Zombie movies, they are bizzare and bloddy and way out there.
Quoting pixie124:

Quoting jaccikniskern:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)