Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NCIS, Life after Ziva(10/8)

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

How did the NCIS team handle life after Ziva David’s big departure? Well, honestly, how anyone would handle the departure of a co-worker and friend.

They mentioned her. They were thinking of her. They got territorial when someone tried to sit at her desk. But, ultimately, life went on. (As ours must, I suppose.)

And they had plenty to deal with this week to keep them busy. For starters, McGee spent much of the episode stressing over his lost badge. It took a while for him to confess he’d lost it to Gibbs, but after realizing he’d probably lost it during a wild concert outing with Abby, he had to report it. Luckily, his badge was found at the venue, but McGee found himself facing an investigation. The Inspector General apparently looks down upon lost credentials — especially when they are not immediately reported. It was bad.

for more...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/10/09/ncis-recap-life-without-ziva/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I really thought Abby would be more upset about Ziva not coming back.

In all honesty it was kind of nice to have a Tony episode....where it was just all Tony and no Ziva in the background adding stuff.  I will miss Ziva but this episode was just all Tony and it was nice.  I like how he reacted to McGee, it seemed like it had been awhile since they had banter back and forth like that just the two of them....no third wheel.

Palmer and the adoption thing...Ducky getting slightly frustrated but more because it was a pain in his butt not because he doesn't want Palmer to have a baby.

All and all a good episode.  Liked having Mike's old partner around.  Also liked seeing that we will have a flashback of Mike next week.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I'll have more to say about this when I get home later (it's bowling day), but I was peeved at how they didn't seem too upset or broken up.    Life goes on, blah blah.   I especially noticed it with Abby.  

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I hadn't seen or felt what you were saying about it being "just Tony".  I get what you're saying now, but I didn't think about it while watching.    I *do* enjoy Tony's banter with McGee. 

Mike's old partner was funny.   I think they are "filling the Ziva gap" with different people for a few weeks before they bring on the new girl. 

Did you notice that all traces of Ziva were gone from the opening sequence?    I feel like she got the Shi! end of the stick a little because she chose to leave whereas when Kate died, it seemed like they spent a LOT more time mourning, talking about her, remembering her, etc....   

Quoting pixie124:

In all honesty it was kind of nice to have a Tony episode....where it was just all Tony and no Ziva in the background adding stuff.  I will miss Ziva but this episode was just all Tony and it was nice.  I like how he reacted to McGee, it seemed like it had been awhile since they had banter back and forth like that just the two of them....no third wheel.

Palmer and the adoption thing...Ducky getting slightly frustrated but more because it was a pain in his butt not because he doesn't want Palmer to have a baby.

All and all a good episode.  Liked having Mike's old partner around.  Also liked seeing that we will have a flashback of Mike next week.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I agree, I was peeved too.  Come on we all know that Abby would be upset for days and asking Why, Ziva didn't come to them for help working thru things.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I'll have more to say about this when I get home later (it's bowling day), but I was peeved at how they didn't seem too upset or broken up.    Life goes on, blah blah.   I especially noticed it with Abby.  

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.   Abby would be lamenting for quite awhile.   Seeing her singing and jolly was TOO much for me.   She should have been a lot sadder.    Okay so Ziva isn't dead but she's out of their lives and that has to hurt, too.  

Quoting pixie124:

I agree, I was peeved too.  Come on we all know that Abby would be upset for days and asking Why, Ziva didn't come to them for help working thru things.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Did you notice that all traces of Ziva were gone from the opening sequence?  I didn't notice this.  I feel like she got the Shi! end of the stick a little because she chose to leave whereas when Kate died, it seemed like they spent a LOT more time mourning, talking about her, remembering her, etc....   I think you are right about Ziva vrs. Kate.

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

And we have seen a few NCIS reruns today and watching the team together (with Ziva) has been hard.   But it also solidifies how I feel about things being OFF in this episode.   They were such a tight group and remember how they all saved Ziva the one time (Gibbs had to be a sniper again, Tony and McGee got captured too and they found them through the CafPow?).     

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

And they're stupid not to realize we won't compare the two. 

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Did you notice that all traces of Ziva were gone from the opening sequence?  I didn't notice this.  I feel like she got the Shi! end of the stick a little because she chose to leave whereas when Kate died, it seemed like they spent a LOT more time mourning, talking about her, remembering her, etc....   I think you are right about Ziva vrs. Kate.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Yep, I remember that episode!!!  I don't know if they realized how invested we the viewers are in the NCIS family.  We know how they work as a team and how upset people would be if they left.  I mean come on now....It's like a death, Ziva wasn't going to have any contact with them.  At least when a normal person leaves a job you still have contact with them.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

And we have seen a few NCIS reruns today and watching the team together (with Ziva) has been hard.   But it also solidifies how I feel about things being OFF in this episode.   They were such a tight group and remember how they all saved Ziva the one time (Gibbs had to be a sniper again, Tony and McGee got captured too and they found them through the CafPow?).     

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM

If they had made it where Ziva had to go into hiding, then I might be able to understand it more.

Quoting pixie124:

Yep, I remember that episode!!!  I don't know if they realized how invested we the viewers are in the NCIS family.  We know how they work as a team and how upset people would be if they left.  I mean come on now....It's like a death, Ziva wasn't going to have any contact with them.  At least when a normal person leaves a job you still have contact with them.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)