Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone watching the Live version of the Sound of Music??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

Just curious to know if anyone is watching it??

Sorry, I can't bring myself to.   If I were going to watch the show in a theatre somewhere as a musical....yep, I could do that.  On TV....nope, not for me....that is sacred Julie Andrews territory.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I might watch it, if I remember.   LOL.    I'd watch it to see how well Carrie does with it.   And it's Live so maybe it'll be fun to see if there are any flubs.  ;)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I love CU .. and yes it is hard to believe .. I might though :)

AmyClutterbug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I want to try to see it, but I haven't taken the time to figure out where/when it's on. 

e-doolittle
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I have my DVR set for tonight.
AmyClutterbug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Just curious to know if anyone is watching it??

Sorry, I can't bring myself to.   If I were going to watch the show in a theatre somewhere as a musical....yep, I could do that.  On TV....nope, not for me....that is sacred Julie Andrews territory.

Yes, I just looked, tonight from 8-11 on NBC.  I'm going to DVR it because DH and DD will be watching Vampire Diaries at 8 and I'll probably go to bed early tonight.

Phylis419
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yes, I'm watching it. It's so good. the thing is that they are not doing a movie version of it. It's a very sweet, beautiful live musical version. You would so enjoy it. Guarantee you that Julie Andrews will give props to it. I wasn't going to but I am and I love it...

Phylis419
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM

oh and props to them for doing this live and on point...

Quoting Phylis419:

Yes, I'm watching it. It's so good. the thing is that they are not doing a movie version of it. It's a very sweet, beautiful live musical version. You would so enjoy it. Guarantee you that Julie Andrews will give props to it. I wasn't going to but I am and I love it...

Phylis419
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM

No flubs so far Lisa ... she slipped in one of the scenes early on but I don't think many noticed... I used to do theater in my younger years so I caught it ... she's doing really good..

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I might watch it, if I remember.   LOL.    I'd watch it to see how well Carrie does with it.   And it's Live so maybe it'll be fun to see if there are any flubs.  ;)

kary29
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I agree Lisa, I couldn't watch it although I'm sure it was great in it's own way.  Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer are the only ones I can watch in those roles!

I wonder why they wanted to do it live on tv.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I didn't watch....Half of my friends on Facebook loved it last night and the other half felt it did a great representation of the theater and the hard work that goes in to it.  Now the later half said that not because they loved it but because they work in the theater and they want people outside of the theater to see how much work is involved.  They did say there were some very painful parts to listen to...painful to the ear.  Overall tho....good remarks by all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)