Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 Musicals we would like to see LIVE on TV(with photos)

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 105 Total Views

For this Photo Article click link....

http://tvline.com/2013/12/11/live-tv-musical-remakes-sound-of-music/#!1/1-live-tv-musical-remakes-_my_fair_lady/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Having some super de duper issues with my computer this morning.  I actually wrote a whole response to this and lost it.

Instead of going thru that I will sum up my thoughts.

Some of these shows I think would do well...My Fair Lady and Annie Get Your Gun to name two.  Some I'm really not sure about the actors in the roles...West Side Story(can Jensen really sing a whole musical??) and Witches of Eastwick(the casting of this one I didn't like) and those are just two of the ones I commented along these lines.

Anyone else have any thoughts??

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM

My Fair Lady with Lea Michele and Hugh Jackman.    This one could work well considering they can both sing AND act.   

Chicago with Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia.    I like the Jennifer part. 

West Side Story with Naya Rivera and Jensen Ackles..... I agree with Lisa where I doubt he can sing the whole thing?   

The Witches of Eastwick.... Can Julia Louis-Dreyfus sing????   Bruno Mars?   Love him but not in this? 

The Producers... well wasn't Nathan Lane in this on Broadway?   Katy Perry could be alright, but can she act?   Can Jim Parsons sing?

Evita with Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin?   Okay so he's acted and can sing, but can she act?

Bombshell?   How is this included in all of this?   Not the same kind of draw as the other idea.

Annie Get Your Gun with Hayden Panettiere and Blake Shelton.  Okay so I really can't see him acting, but he could be a draw.   She can do both.  Hmmmmm

Mame... Bette Midler and RuPaul?  LOL  Zachary Levi and Zooey Deschanel... can he sing?  

Cabaret with Anna Kendrick and Adam Lambert...... Yes on her, no on him (acting skills?)

Guys & Dolls - best overall cast.    Gerard Butler, Jon Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson and Kristin Chenowith.   Interesting.   I don't know this story or show, though (but I'd still watch).

La Cage Aux Folles...David Hyde Pierce, Alan Cummings and Jonathan Groff.    This one doesn't do anything for me. 

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas... Christina Applegate and Seth MacFarlane.   Interesting.   Could be really funny.   

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Okay...I'm going to write a little bit more...

I also really like the idea of Bombshell and Guys and Dolls.

Hate the idea of Evita.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I was hoping for Oklahoma.   LOL

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM

So happy you did this Lisa....Now I can comment on each show since my computer is acting strange!!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

My Fair Lady with Lea Michele and Hugh Jackman.    This one could work well considering they can both sing AND act.    agree 

Chicago with Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia.    I like the Jennifer part. agree...I'm not sure about Fantasia.  Plus the movie came out only 10 years ago...I don't think it's time for a TV version.

West Side Story with Naya Rivera and Jensen Ackles..... I agree with Lisa where I doubt he can sing the whole thing?   agree

The Witches of Eastwick.... Can Julia Louis-Dreyfus sing???? I think she has done a little singing in something but this is like Jensen Ackles.   Bruno Mars?   Love him but not in this?  I'm sorry for me he isn't Jack Nicholson and that is who I see in this role. 

The Producers... well wasn't Nathan Lane in this on Broadway? Yes, he did.  He was opposite Mathew Broadrick I believe.   Katy Perry could be alright, but can she act?  I agree....singing but not sure about acting.   Can Jim Parsons sing?  He is a theater guy so I believe he can sing.  It's hard to picture him as something other then Sheldon tho.

Evita with Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin?   Okay so he's acted and can sing, but can she act? This one when I saw it made me want to vomit.  I just don't see it working.

Bombshell?   How is this included in all of this?   Not the same kind of draw as the other idea. I don't know why it's included but I would be happy if they did it.  Granted, they won't because the only people it would draw would be the people that watched Smash.

Annie Get Your Gun with Hayden Panettiere and Blake Shelton.  Okay so I really can't see him acting, but he could be a draw.   She can do both.  Hmmmmm  I Like this choice.  I could see Blake being like Randy Travis or George Straight in Country movies.  Plus, this musical is all about the woman the guy doesn't have to be the best actor.  lol

Mame... Bette Midler and RuPaul?  LOL  Zachary Levi and Zooey Deschanel... can he sing? I don't quite get this one.  Okay Bette, I understand.  Zooey we know can sing and has a good voice. RuPaul??  That ones an interesting choice.  Zachary Levi....I honestly don't know if he can sing. 

Cabaret with Anna Kendrick and Adam Lambert...... Yes on her, no on him (acting skills?) I agree....but I wonder if he is better now that he has done Wicked??

Guys & Dolls - best overall cast.    Gerard Butler, Jon Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson and Kristin Chenowith.   Interesting.   I don't know this story or show, though (but I'd still watch).  I agree...best overall cast and I think this one would be a winner and draw the most people.

La Cage Aux Folles...David Hyde Pierce, Alan Cummings and Jonathan Groff.    This one doesn't do anything for me. I will be honest I don't know this one....I would have to watch the previews.  I'm assuming it's a comedy and if that's the case these guys would do well.

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas... Christina Applegate and Seth MacFarlane.   Interesting.   Could be really funny.   I'm on the fence about this one.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I was hoping for Oklahoma.   LOL Well there are enough Country music stars from here we could pull it off.  Now that Carrie has a show under her belt she could do better.  Plus Kristin Chenowith is from here and she is amazing.  I can see it now...Oklahoma the Musical with all Actors from Oklahoma.  The singing would be great...the acting maybe not so much.  lol

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Quoting pixie124:

So happy you did this Lisa....Now I can comment on each show since my computer is acting strange!!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

My Fair Lady with Lea Michele and Hugh Jackman.    This one could work well considering they can both sing AND act.    agree 

Chicago with Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia.    I like the Jennifer part. agree...I'm not sure about Fantasia.  Plus the movie came out only 10 years ago...I don't think it's time for a TV version.

You're onto something with saying the movie isn't that old.   I'd rather see something different.

West Side Story with Naya Rivera and Jensen Ackles..... I agree with Lisa where I doubt he can sing the whole thing?   agree

The Witches of Eastwick.... Can Julia Louis-Dreyfus sing???? I think she has done a little singing in something but this is like Jensen Ackles.   Bruno Mars?   Love him but not in this?  I'm sorry for me he isn't Jack Nicholson and that is who I see in this role. 

Jack Nicholson or someone with more of a smarmy, bad boy vibe?

The Producers... well wasn't Nathan Lane in this on Broadway? Yes, he did.  He was opposite Mathew Broadrick I believe.   Katy Perry could be alright, but can she act?  I agree....singing but not sure about acting.   Can Jim Parsons sing?  He is a theater guy so I believe he can sing.  It's hard to picture him as something other then Sheldon tho.

I didn't know Jim Parsons was a theater guy.   Very cool.

Evita with Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin?   Okay so he's acted and can sing, but can she act? This one when I saw it made me want to vomit.  I just don't see it working.

LOL @ Vomit.  But we could see more of her boobs?  ;)

Bombshell?   How is this included in all of this?   Not the same kind of draw as the other idea. I don't know why it's included but I would be happy if they did it.  Granted, they won't because the only people it would draw would be the people that watched Smash.

Annie Get Your Gun with Hayden Panettiere and Blake Shelton.  Okay so I really can't see him acting, but he could be a draw.   She can do both.  Hmmmmm  I Like this choice.  I could see Blake being like Randy Travis or George Straight in Country movies.  Plus, this musical is all about the woman the guy doesn't have to be the best actor.  lol

Mame... Bette Midler and RuPaul?  LOL  Zachary Levi and Zooey Deschanel... can he sing? I don't quite get this one.  Okay Bette, I understand.  Zooey we know can sing and has a good voice. RuPaul??  That ones an interesting choice.  Zachary Levi....I honestly don't know if he can sing. 

Bette Midler in a musical is a great idea all by itself, but I think they need to get the other parts right.

Cabaret with Anna Kendrick and Adam Lambert...... Yes on her, no on him (acting skills?) I agree....but I wonder if he is better now that he has done Wicked??

Oh he did Wicked?  Maybe then.   Just maybe.

Guys & Dolls - best overall cast.    Gerard Butler, Jon Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson and Kristin Chenowith.   Interesting.   I don't know this story or show, though (but I'd still watch).  I agree...best overall cast and I think this one would be a winner and draw the most people.

I like all 4 casting ideas AND they can draw people from a bunch of different age groups, musical tastes, etc...

La Cage Aux Folles...David Hyde Pierce, Alan Cummings and Jonathan Groff.    This one doesn't do anything for me. I will be honest I don't know this one....I would have to watch the previews.  I'm assuming it's a comedy and if that's the case these guys would do well.

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas... Christina Applegate and Seth MacFarlane.   Interesting.   Could be really funny.   I'm on the fence about this one.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Jack Nicholson or someone with more of a smarmy, bad boy vibe? It doesn't have to be exactly Jack Nicholson but I just can't get him out of my head when I think of this role.

LOL @ Vomit.  But we could see more of her boobs?  ;)  Oh, yes please....eye rolling  lol

I like all 4 casting ideas AND they can draw people from a bunch of different age groups, musical tastes, etc... agree

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM

hahahahahaha.... that eye rolling smiley is da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Jack Nicholson or someone with more of a smarmy, bad boy vibe? It doesn't have to be exactly Jack Nicholson but I just can't get him out of my head when I think of this role.

LOL @ Vomit.  But we could see more of her boobs?  ;)  Oh, yes please....eye rolling  lol

I like all 4 casting ideas AND they can draw people from a bunch of different age groups, musical tastes, etc... agree

GleekingOut
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I actually think Naya's Character should have gotten Maria over Lea's character to be honest. But yes - most of these I agreed with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)