Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NCIS boss on the bumpy season

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

It's no secret that NCIS got off to a bumpy start this season — at least behind the scenes — after the sudden and unexpected departure of star Cote de Pablo. However, now that the show was officially introduced new addition Emily Wickersham, showrunner Gary Glasberg is confident it's smooth sailing from here.

"It was a challenge. The way that this whole season unfolded was a bit of a surprise for many of us," he told reporters at Wednesday's Television Critics Association winter TV previews. "To suddenly lose a character that has been a part of this show for nine years is significant."

for more....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NCIS-Ziva-Exit-Bishop-Positive-Reaction-1076062.aspx

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I read this article because it was talking about fan reaction to Bishop.  Now, my good friends that I talk to all seem to like her and that is what the boss in this article is saying but when I read the comments under this article and other articles I'm shocked by how many people dislike Bishop.  It's as if people can't let Ziva go.  The show did not let Ziva go, Cote let Ziva go.  I can maybe see her coming back and doing something like what they did with Ross and Carol on ER or maybe make an appearance but unless Cote doesn't do well after NCIS and does the walk of shame back to NCIS I don't see her returning.  It's time for the people responding to these articles to move on.  I'm sad that they won't even give Bishop a chance.  Bishop is fun and quirky.  She is not Ziva and for that I'm happy.

jaccikniskern
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I like Bishop.  Of course she is not Ziva nor Kate.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I feel like people purposefully don't like Bishop just because she's not Ziva.  It's a horrible attitude and not fair to a new character.   Where does it get you to just want a character back when the actress left?   

I like the freshness that Bishop brings to the show.   I also said this in another post, but I'd like to see the show delve into ALL of the character's lives and not just all about Tony & Ziva.   Ziva had gotten to be "too much" now that I can look back a little more objectively.    I liked her, liked her storylines, but that's the way the show had gone and now they have to pick up the pieces without her.

For me, it's all about giving the show and the new character a chance.   If I'm just going to hate on Bishop, then why even watch?

Quoting pixie124:

I read this article because it was talking about fan reaction to Bishop.  Now, my good friends that I talk to all seem to like her and that is what the boss in this article is saying but when I read the comments under this article and other articles I'm shocked by how many people dislike Bishop.  It's as if people can't let Ziva go.  The show did not let Ziva go, Cote let Ziva go.  I can maybe see her coming back and doing something like what they did with Ross and Carol on ER or maybe make an appearance but unless Cote doesn't do well after NCIS and does the walk of shame back to NCIS I don't see her returning.  It's time for the people responding to these articles to move on.  I'm sad that they won't even give Bishop a chance.  Bishop is fun and quirky.  She is not Ziva and for that I'm happy.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I agree.

Quoting jaccikniskern:

I like Bishop.  Of course she is not Ziva nor Kate.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

A couple of days ago they had Tony and Kate episodes on USA.  Thinking back on it and watching it McGee at that time was a backburner type of character that Tony would poke fun at.  I always felt that was because he and Kate had been working together longer.  That dynamic stuck around even when Ziva entered the picture and I don't really think it should have.  I know McGee will ALWAYS be Tony's Probee but I like how now they are more like equals.  It took forever for that to develop and now we are seeing it.  It just didn't seem like Ziva stayed in newbee status very long.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I feel like people purposefully don't like Bishop just because she's not Ziva.  It's a horrible attitude and not fair to a new character.   Where does it get you to just want a character back when the actress left?   

I like the freshness that Bishop brings to the show.   I also said this in another post, but I'd like to see the show delve into ALL of the character's lives and not just all about Tony & Ziva.   Ziva had gotten to be "too much" now that I can look back a little more objectively.    I liked her, liked her storylines, but that's the way the show had gone and now they have to pick up the pieces without her.

For me, it's all about giving the show and the new character a chance.   If I'm just going to hate on Bishop, then why even watch?

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM

It's funny because I was watching reruns yesterday (some had Kate in them and some had Ziva) and I was also analyzing this.  You hit the nail on the head.   McGhee has been a supporting character for too long.   

Quoting pixie124:

A couple of days ago they had Tony and Kate episodes on USA.  Thinking back on it and watching it McGee at that time was a backburner type of character that Tony would poke fun at.  I always felt that was because he and Kate had been working together longer.  That dynamic stuck around even when Ziva entered the picture and I don't really think it should have.  I know McGee will ALWAYS be Tony's Probee but I like how now they are more like equals.  It took forever for that to develop and now we are seeing it.  It just didn't seem like Ziva stayed in newbee status very long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)