Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank goodness you guys know what I'm saying....

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

So, over the years of having autocorrect my poor grammar has gotten even worse.  Granted, most of the time on my phone it feels like it changes what I have written after I send it because I READ it over.  But alas....I suck!!!  I have a friend who chooses to point out my grammer awfulness all the time.  Well, after re-reading what I have written in some cases....I think I come across as illiterate.  So, Thank you for being able to read my garbled mess so you can respond.  And also Thank you for not teasing me because I'm very sensitive about it.  I promise you, I am somewhat intelligent.  lol

Is it just me....or has anyone else fallen into this trap??

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I haven't noticed that about you at all.  I do have a friend who's Facebook posts are so bad you can't even understand most of what she says. Some days I wonder why she even bothers - LOL!

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I have a friend like that as well.  I think she gets overly excited when she writes about things and all grammer goes out the window.  Ds the other day read something she wrote under my post and had to come and ask me what it said. There is no puncutation in her posts and the words are a jumble.  Sometimes I have to ask her to clarify to make sure I understand but sometimes I can figure out what she really means.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I haven't noticed that about you at all.  I do have a friend who's Facebook posts are so bad you can't even understand most of what she says. Some days I wonder why she even bothers - LOL!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I don't think that about you at all Lisa!   Don't be so hard on yourself.   I think I ramble a lot when I'm talking about certain things and I jump into subjects halfway through without explaining myself well enough.   LOL.   It's like umm am I missing something?    

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

If you talk to me in person I am the queen of tangents.  I get it from my Grandma.  It takes me forever to tell people things because I keep heading off in different directions.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I don't think that about you at all Lisa!   Don't be so hard on yourself.   I think I ramble a lot when I'm talking about certain things and I jump into subjects halfway through without explaining myself well enough.   LOL.   It's like umm am I missing something?    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)