Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading anything exciting??

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 423 Total Views

Not that I need anymore books to add to my CRAZY LONG LIST that I have but I'm just curious....what is everyone reading(if you are a reader)?

At this moment I'm reading Perks of Being a Wallflower.  My Ds wanted me to read it.  It's a quick read and I should get done with it today or tomorrow.  After this book I will be reading The Book Thief.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ryneandsam
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I'm reading Deadline by Sandra Brown and O'Hurley's Return by Nora Roberts 

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I'm reading A Million Tears by Paul Henke.  A lady in my book group recommended it and it was in the Kindle Lending Library so I decided to check it out.  It's a very good story, but it moves slowly and is very long.  I'm ready for it to end so I can move on to something else.  I also listen to audio books at work and I just started A Thousand Splendid Suns.

A couple books on my short "to read" list are The Fault in Our Stars and Wonder.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

The Fault in Our Stars is the next book in my list after The Book Thief.  I have heard The Fault in Our Stars is really sad but very good.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I'm reading A Million Tears by Paul Henke.  A lady in my book group recommended it and it was in the Kindle Lending Library so I decided to check it out.  It's a very good story, but it moves slowly and is very long.  I'm ready for it to end so I can move on to something else.  I also listen to audio books at work and I just started A Thousand Splendid Suns.

A couple books on my short "to read" list are The Fault in Our Stars and Wonder.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

So you like to read two books at once?  I have a hard time doing that.  It seems like one book always takes precedence over the other one.

Quoting mom2ryneandsam:

mom2ryneandsam
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM

One is on my nook and the other is a real book, when I get tired of one book I will go to the other one 

Quoting pixie124:

So you like to read two books at once?  I have a hard time doing that.  It seems like one book always takes precedence over the other one.

Quoting mom2ryneandsam:

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I usually read two books at a time also :)

Quoting mom2ryneandsam:

kary29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:27 PM

I'm reading Between A Rock and A Hard Place, skimming it really since I've seen the movie (127 Hours) about 3 times.  I think the story is very inspiring.

Quoting pixie124:

The Fault in Our Stars is the next book in my list after The Book Thief.  I have heard The Fault in Our Stars is really sad but very good.  I recently read that.  It is sad but good.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I'm on the last book in the Harry Potter Series and I've only got like 200 pages to go.   I always get sad when a series ends!

I have "Highlander" on my shelf and ready to read when I'm done with HP.   

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I can't do two books at a time!

I've never read a Sandra Brown book, but I just might one of these days.

I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan.   I have a new one by her... the Dark Witch I think is the title.   It's another one of a trilogy from her. 

Quoting mom2ryneandsam:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Quoting kary29:

I'm reading Between A Rock and A Hard Place, skimming it really since I've seen the movie (127 Hours) about 3 times.  I think the story is very inspiring. I don't know if I could read this book.  It was a hard movie for me to watch.  Reminds me quite a bit of another true story of a guy who went up to Alaska and was out in the wilderness in a RV for a long time.  I can't remember how but he got stuck there and they found him and his journal about what happened and made it into a book and later on a movie.  My In-laws were addicted to the book and the movie.  I read the book while I was there and didn't really enjoy it and then watched the movie and didn't really enjoy that either.  I should mention this book to them....I do know they liked the movie because they wanted dh to watch it and he told them no.

Quoting pixie124:

The Fault in Our Stars is the next book in my list after The Book Thief.  I have heard The Fault in Our Stars is really sad but very good.  I recently read that.  It is sad but good.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)