Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Game of Thrones(6/15)

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:50 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 178 Total Views
1 mom liked this
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

For me this was a good season finale.

I will admit halfway thru I turned to my hubby and said...If Tyroin dies you are on your own with this show.  I'm done watching.  He is one of the only things that actually ties me to this show.

Now Bran's storyline has captivated my interest.  I am really looking forward to this storyline next season and the continuation of  Arya's storyline.  I really like the whole Children of the tree thing going on.  Very cool and will lead into an amazing storyline for next year.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM

So inquiring (I don't watch this show) minds need to know.... did Tyroin die?   I knew someone had to die with all the buzz I was hearing on Facebook and other TV sites.   ;)

Quoting pixie124:

I will admit halfway thru I turned to my hubby and said...If Tyroin dies you are on your own with this show.  I'm done watching.  He is one of the only things that actually ties me to this show.

Now Bran's storyline has captivated my interest.  I am really looking forward to this storyline next season and the continuation of  Arya's storyline.  I really like the whole Children of the tree thing going on.  Very cool and will lead into an amazing storyline for next year.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay I went ahead and read a recap and even though I don't know who these characters are, I followed along enough to get the gist.   Your guy didn't die.   

MommyFraga
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I love Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about Arya and the Hound. I was hoping (despite how they're union started) that he had earned her respect. But she is so cold, and I love that. So I'm a little torn there.

And Tyrion. I thought his actions were completey justified.

I liked the part with Jon Snow and Stanis Baratheon. The respect that Stanis showed Jon, even taking his advise when it came to Mance Rayder.

I'm excited to see Tyrion and Arya move across the narrow sea next season. 

Bran's story was definitely interesting. The children of the forest were cool with their fire bombs or whatever they were. I can't wait to see where that goes.

I've never read the books. My DH has read some of them and he reads about the other books online so he knows where the storylines are going. He loves hearing my theories. lol.

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Nope, he didn't die. This is a show that likes to kill off people that you like. Which is very annoying!!!  I have to put my foot down sometime. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

So inquiring (I don't watch this show) minds need to know.... did Tyroin die?   I knew someone had to die with all the buzz I was hearing on Facebook and other TV sites.   ;)

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Quoting MommyFraga:

I love Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about Arya and the Hound. I was hoping (despite how they're union started) that he had earned her respect. But she is so cold, and I love that. So I'm a little torn there. Oddly I have liked the Hound and Arya together since the first time they took off together. If they would have killed The Hound off before now I would have been pretty upset. I was just too worried about Tyrion that The Hounds death didn't affect me as much. I will miss him with Arya next season. 

And Tyrion. I thought his actions were completey justified.  I think he was justified as well. I was shocked that Shaye was in his dad's bed. 

I liked the part with Jon Snow and Stanis Baratheon. The respect that Stanis showed Jon, even taking his advise when it came to Mance Rayder.

Bran's story was definitely interesting. The children of the forest were cool with their fire bombs or whatever they were. I can't wait to see where that goes.

I've never read the books. My DH has read some of them and he reads about the other books online so he knows where the storylines are going. He loves hearing my theories. lol.  My husband accidentally read some spoilers so he knew what was going on, book wise, these last five episodes.  He was actually upset that he ran across the info because he wasn't surprised by what was going on. I think that has stopped him from looking ahead,  lol 

Quoting pixie124:

MommyFraga
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:21 PM

HAHA. My husband looks ahead a lot, then gets disappointed. I tell him the same thing... good enough. lol. As long as he doesn't spoil it for me.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting MommyFraga:

I love Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about Arya and the Hound. I was hoping (despite how they're union started) that he had earned her respect. But she is so cold, and I love that. So I'm a little torn there. Oddly I have liked the Hound and Arya together since the first time they took off together. If they would have killed The Hound off before now I would have been pretty upset. I was just too worried about Tyrion that The Hounds death didn't affect me as much. I will miss him with Arya next season. 

And Tyrion. I thought his actions were completey justified.  I think he was justified as well. I was shocked that Shaye was in his dad's bed. 

I've never read the books. My DH has read some of them and he reads about the other books online so he knows where the storylines are going. He loves hearing my theories. lol.  My husband accidentally read some spoilers so he knew what was going on, book wise, these last five episodes.  He was actually upset that he ran across the info because he wasn't surprised by what was going on. I think that has stopped him from looking ahead,  lol 

Quoting pixie124:

Fire911gal
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM

You probably won't have to worry about anything happening to Arya. George R.R. Martin's wife told him if anything happened to Arya she'd divorce him.

The finale really followed the book.

Here's a theory for your DH. Jon Snow has royal blood. He's the son of Robert Baratheon and Lyanna Stark. Just a theory at this point. I'm now reading what will, most likely, be the next season. Should be interesting.

Quoting MommyFraga:

I love Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about Arya and the Hound. I was hoping (despite how they're union started) that he had earned her respect. But she is so cold, and I love that. So I'm a little torn there.

I've never read the books. My DH has read some of them and he reads about the other books online so he knows where the storylines are going. He loves hearing my theories. lol.

Quoting pixie124:

Fire911gal
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting MommyFraga:

I love Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about Arya and the Hound. I was hoping (despite how they're union started) that he had earned her respect. But she is so cold, and I love that. So I'm a little torn there. Oddly I have liked the Hound and Arya together since the first time they took off together. If they would have killed The Hound off before now I would have been pretty upset. I was just too worried about Tyrion that The Hounds death didn't affect me as much. I will miss him with Arya next season. In the books The Hound & Arya went their separate ways way before the end of the book. It was just that the two actors worked so well together they lengthened the time.

And Tyrion. I thought his actions were completey justified.  I think he was justified as well. I was shocked that Shaye was in his dad's bed. In the books before Jaime released Tyrion he confided that Tyrion's first wife was not really a whore as Tywin had told him.

I'm excited to see Tyrion and Arya move across the narrow sea next season. Don't forget Varys went with him.

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I only read the first two books and I honestly believe that Jon Snow is the son of Robert and Lyanna.  I have heard that most people that have read the books feel this way.  I'm not sure if that will ever come out or come into play since there is no one alive to verify this.  I think they only people that knew were Ned and Robert...both are of course dead.  Even Ned's wife thought that Jon was Ned's.

Quoting Fire911gal:

You probably won't have to worry about anything happening to Arya. George R.R. Martin's wife told him if anything happened to Arya she'd divorce him.

The finale really followed the book.

Here's a theory for your DH. Jon Snow has royal blood. He's the son of Robert Baratheon and Lyanna Stark. Just a theory at this point. I'm now reading what will, most likely, be the next season. Should be interesting.

Quoting MommyFraga:

Quoting pixie124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)