• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who'll be the next Bachelor?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

www.realitytvworld.com

This site has an article that says they're deciding between Arie or Chris.   Do you guys remember Arie from Emily Maynard's season?   Chris, of course, is from this season with Andi.    

The article says they're looking for a nice guy who's not like Juan Pablo.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Arie as that kind of guy.

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Arie just broke up with Courtney(Ben season) awhile back. He's nice to look at but I would go with Chris.

If it was me I would pick Drew from  Des's season! 

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I agree Lisa, Arie is a bit of a player although he did seem nice on Emily's season.  My vote is for Chris but I'd watch either of them.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I feel like Arie is a player, too.   He seemed nice enough, but I think he could be a wild card where it's more obvious that Chris would be more of nice guy.

That said... does the Bachelor really want a nice guy?   Are they worried that Chris could be too boring?

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I agree Lisa, Arie is a bit of a player although he did seem nice on Emily's season.  My vote is for Chris but I'd watch either of them.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Yuck.... if Arie was with her (skank skank skank) then no way do I want him to be the Bachelor.   LOL

Quoting reptilequeen:

Arie just broke up with Courtney(Ben season) awhile back. He's nice to look at but I would go with Chris.

If it was me I would pick Drew from  Des's season! 

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I have always read that what TPTB want more than anything on a season is the love story and engagement.  In that respect I think Chris would be very similar to Sean - serious about finding true love and his wife.  

I think girls always bring the drama where as the Bachelorette has to be stronger since guys don't bring much drama.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I feel like Arie is a player, too.   He seemed nice enough, but I think he could be a wild card where it's more obvious that Chris would be more of nice guy.

That said... does the Bachelor really want a nice guy?   Are they worried that Chris could be too boring?

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

After Sean( producers/fans thought he was boring) they wanted a change so they picked Juan Pablo, I hope they learned their lesson about that and go with Chris!HA! I pick nice over wild any day!

Yes Arie and Courtney dated!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I would like to think they really just want love & an engagement.. but they also want ratings and sometimes the crazy seasons bring that?   

I do think Chris would be more serious about finding love and that's why those of us who've stuck with the show would rather see a guy like that?

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I have always read that what TPTB want more than anything on a season is the love story and engagement.  In that respect I think Chris would be very similar to Sean - serious about finding true love and his wife.  

I think girls always bring the drama where as the Bachelorette has to be stronger since guys don't bring much drama.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

The thing with JP is that he was crazy and all of that, but there was a LOT of publicity because of him.  Did it bring in more viewers?  I don't know.    Did The Bachelor franchise benefit from all the extra publicity even if it was negative?  I don't know that either.

Courtney is gross.   I think I disliked her more than any other contestant on this show.   Well maybe it's a tie with Vienna.    BWAHAHAHAHA

Quoting reptilequeen:

After Sean( producers/fans thought he was boring) they wanted a change so they picked Juan Pablo, I hope they learned their lesson about that and go with Chris!HA! I pick nice over wild any day!

Yes Arie and Courtney dated!

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I don't pay a ton of attention to the ratings but I'm pretty sure that JP's season had lower ratings than Sean's.  I think they both started out low and Sean's got better and better each week and JP's season tanked by the end.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

And yes, Courtney is gross.  Nothing to like about that girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)