Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad Commercials!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

I'm watching a movie on LMN (Lifetime Movie Network) and every single commercial break, they're showing one of those drastically depressingly sad commercials.... sick or dying children, abused dogs, wounded warriors, please give money.

I hope I don't sound heartless, but after 1.5 hrs I'm *sick* of these commercials.   I just had to mute the TV because I couldn't even handle listening to "Imagine" again. 

It's just too much.   bad

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM

"Right now, in America, the unspeakable is happening....."     Yeah you're showing this darn commercial AGAIN with the sad music (the ASPCA one).

going crazy

Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Welcome to my world. I work overnight and that's the majority of the commercials that are on. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Oh yeah late night TV has to be full of them! 

Is it sad that I yearn for regular commercials?   LOL

Quoting Fire911gal:

Welcome to my world. I work overnight and that's the majority of the commercials that are on. 

Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM

This one actually made me snort!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh yeah late night TV has to be full of them! 

Is it sad that I yearn for regular commercials?   LOL

Quoting Fire911gal:

Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:32 PM

One of my new favorites.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM

LOL @  Jessie!   Word *do* hurt!   HAHAHAHA

(thanks for the funnies..... a few others that kept popping up tonight were funeral cost ones.   Seriously, time for me to step away from the commercials......)

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM

So funny!   Makes me think I have to force my Dh to watch Twilight one night.   ;)

Quoting Fire911gal:

One of my new favorites.

Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I wouldn't put my husband through that. LOL   My son likes that we can sit down and watch movies like Jackass and Eurotrip. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

So funny!   Makes me think I have to force my Dh to watch Twilight one night.   ;)

Quoting Fire911gal:

One of my new favorites.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I have two teenage boys and we watch a LOT of guy movies.   I just watched the Bad Grandpa one with them and laughed my butt off.   They have to, occasionally, watch girly stuff with me.   ha

Quoting Fire911gal:

I wouldn't put my husband through that. LOL   My son likes that we can sit down and watch movies like Jackass and Eurotrip. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting Fire911gal:One of my new favorites.
Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Get them in touch with their feminine side. lol

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I have two teenage boys and we watch a LOT of guy movies.   I just watched the Bad Grandpa one with them and laughed my butt off.   They have to, occasionally, watch girly stuff with me.   ha

Quoting Fire911gal:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting Fire911gal:One of my new favorites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)