Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway(8/21)

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 152 Total Views

So...did we know it was going to be a double elimination?  I can't remember.

I LOVED the top two looks.  I didn't care for Amanda's look but I can see why she was number 3.  It seemed like there were not very many looks to choose from to be in the top.  I really didn't know who they were going to go with.  I thought for sure they were going to tell Kini that Heidi would wear his to another event.  That blue dress really knocked it out of the park!!!!

I can't believe that Sandya spent that much money at Mood.  They get a wad of cash at the beginning if I remember right and they need to spend wisely.  Her look was better then her first but the poor model couldn't even walk.

Can't wait to read what everyone else thought!!!

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

CRAP!  I forgot to fix the DVR.   Once I watch this episode (maybe not til next week), then I'll chat!

mcdun
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I can't even believe Amanda's look was #3 one side of the dress was higher than the other and no one pointed it out! The beaded look is very dated, what was she thinking? More over what the heck was Heidi thinking. It makes me wonder if it's just one of those, damn it's better than Korina's. (Which I thought was the worst dress of the evening, how did she not go home?) 

I hated the dress that won. He basically remade the dress that won last week but added more fridge she looked like a flapper girl. I can't believe Heidi is going to wear that on the red carpet. 

The dress I really loved was Sandya's yes she spent a ton of money but she was just playing the game. Tim Gunn said other designers could give them money for mood she asked around why didn't the other designers do that? Did they really think it was Sandya's responsibility to get them funds too? 

Sorry I'm going on a bit of a rant here but this episode just pissed me off. I missed last season completely because I was in the hospital but i've pretty much seen every other season of the show and have to say this group of designers wouldn't have even made it to round two if they had been in past seasons. Why are they cutting them breaks they really need to crack the whip with these losers! 

I don't care about fashion but used to be a seamstress and love seeing what a good dress maker can do, only a few of these people are good dress makers. 

Fire911gal
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I feel with this show and Hell's Kitchen that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as designers and cooks. I know there has to be better out there. Are they just picking the ones they think will be "good TV" and not the truly talented?

Fire911gal
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

She already did.

Quoting mcdun:

I can't even believe Amanda's look was #3 one side of the dress was higher than the other and no one pointed it out! The beaded look is very dated, what was she thinking? More over what the heck was Heidi thinking. It makes me wonder if it's just one of those, damn it's better than Korina's. (Which I thought was the worst dress of the evening, how did she not go home?) 

I hated the dress that won. He basically remade the dress that won last week but added more fridge she looked like a flapper girl. I can't believe Heidi is going to wear that on the red carpet. 

The dress I really loved was Sandya's yes she spent a ton of money but she was just playing the game. Tim Gunn said other designers could give them money for mood she asked around why didn't the other designers do that? Did they really think it was Sandya's responsibility to get them funds too? 

Sorry I'm going on a bit of a rant here but this episode just pissed me off. I missed last season completely because I was in the hospital but i've pretty much seen every other season of the show and have to say this group of designers wouldn't have even made it to round two if they had been in past seasons. Why are they cutting them breaks they really need to crack the whip with these losers! 

I don't care about fashion but used to be a seamstress and love seeing what a good dress maker can do, only a few of these people are good dress makers. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Quoting pixie124:

So...did we know it was going to be a double elimination?  I can't remember.

I LOVED the top two looks.  I didn't care for Amanda's look but I can see why she was number 3.  It seemed like there were not very many looks to choose from to be in the top.  I really didn't know who they were going to go with.  I thought for sure they were going to tell Kini that Heidi would wear his to another event.  That blue dress really knocked it out of the park!!!!

I was happy with Sean getting the win, but felt bad for Kini coming in second AGAIN.   It just seemed so unfair to him.   So close, but sorry you didn't win again.    Maybe he needs to step away from black fabric and be bolder?  I also didn't really care for Amanda's dress.   I actually thought there were some construction flaws - her model looked pregnant in it.

I can't believe that Sandya spent that much money at Mood.  They get a wad of cash at the beginning if I remember right and they need to spend wisely.  Her look was better then her first but the poor model couldn't even walk.

Honestly, I didn't really pay much attention to Sandya this time, but her end result was a lot better than I expected.  It's too bad that the judges didn't get to see it up close.

The losing looks.... all 3 were HORRIBLE in my opinion.   I wasn't shocked that Mitchell went because he's had issues before.   His dress was just such a huge hot mess.   I didn't like Christine's dress at all.   What I was surprised at was how so many of the other contestants seem to stick up for her at the end.   Korina's dress was also bad, even the color choice didn't really fix the problems Heidi had with it in the first place (take note, don't buy green!).  

Can't wait to read what everyone else thought!!!

I have to add that I watched this off of tvguide.com (I think it was Hulu) and I couldn't see the commercials so I had like 3 minutes of "Dead air" every time there was a commercial break.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I laughed at the end when Heidi told Amanda and Kini that all the judges liked their looks.  Umm no, Zach Posen had already said he didn't like Amanda's look.    LOL

I can see Heidi wearing the fringe dress because she's worn a LOT of really weird stuff in the past and she likes to stick out.    Not always in a good way.   ;)

Quoting mcdun:

AmyClutterbug
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved the winning look but that is one of my favorite colors so that probably put it above Kini's dress for me.  Kini's dress was fabulous but I wonder if it's the black that is holding him back.  I think there was a lot more detail to that dress that we couldn't see because it was black. 

I didn't hate Amanda's look, but I didn't think it was any better than Fade, Char or Emily's looks.  I gues maybe hers was more Heidi's style than the others.  Fade is always solid but he seems to use the same black/gray/tan color palatte.  Maybe he needs to do something different to get noticed.

All 3 of the bottom looks were terrible.  Was Sandyha the only one who went back to Mood who stayed safe?  I guess Samantha went for some chiffon to add to her original design.  I think they really needed to have excellent sewing skills and a solid design plan to make it work the second time.  I think if Christine hadn't been in the bottom last week she may have stayed this week.  She is obviously well liked and Mitchell is a drama queen so that probably was a deciding factor.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I loved the winning look but that is one of my favorite colors so that probably put it above Kini's dress for me.  Kini's dress was fabulous but I wonder if it's the black that is holding him back.  I think there was a lot more detail to that dress that we couldn't see because it was black. 

I had said something similiar about Kini and black.   I agree that there was some things on that dress that couldn't even be seen because it was too dark.   I can see Kini as a finalist.

I didn't hate Amanda's look, but I didn't think it was any better than Fade, Char or Emily's looks.  I gues maybe hers was more Heidi's style than the others.  Fade is always solid but he seems to use the same black/gray/tan color palatte.  Maybe he needs to do something different to get noticed.

I haven't understood why Fade hasn't gotten called out for a good outfit yet.  I think he's interesting and I'd like to see more of him.   Even in the workroom, they barely show him.    He's probably too normal.   lol  Same with Char and Emily.   All 3 have been just hanging in the "you're in, you can leave" zone.

All 3 of the bottom looks were terrible.  Was Sandyha the only one who went back to Mood who stayed safe?  I guess Samantha went for some chiffon to add to her original design.  I think they really needed to have excellent sewing skills and a solid design plan to make it work the second time.  I think if Christine hadn't been in the bottom last week she may have stayed this week.  She is obviously well liked and Mitchell is a drama queen so that probably was a deciding factor.

AmyClutterbug
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I had said something similiar about Kini and black.   I agree that there was some things on that dress that couldn't even be seen because it was too dark.   I can see Kini as a finalist.

Yes, Lisa, it was your comment that made me realize that.  He is very good and amazingly fast!

I haven't understood why Fade hasn't gotten called out for a good outfit yet.  I think he's interesting and I'd like to see more of him.   Even in the workroom, they barely show him.    He's probably too normal.   lol  Same with Char and Emily.   All 3 have been just hanging in the "you're in, you can leave" zone.

I'm hoping that just means that they judges like them and are too distracted by all the "bad" that's still going on to notice them.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Yes, Lisa, it was your comment that made me realize that.  He is very good and amazingly fast!

OMG yes... he's very fast and he's got mad skills.   His stuff never looks like amateur hour.

I'm hoping that just means that they judges like them and are too distracted by all the "bad" that's still going on to notice them.

Fingers crossed.   I hope that any of these 3 step up soon and we get to see more about them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)