Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2014 Emmy winners list

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

Here is the link to the list of Emmy winners....

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/25/emmys-2014-winners-list/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I know you all won't agree with me, but something annoys me about the Emmys nowadays.    Cable Shows.   It's like the nominees are 75% from cable shows and 25% from regular shows.   Some of us don't get pay channels.   I just think it should be separate???? 

Quoting pixie124:

reptilequeen
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, cable shows win everything, they should be separate! Regular show cant compete with all the blood, nudity ,language and sex on cable shows! HA!

I was so happy that Jim Parsons won and so did Modern Family though.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I completely agree with you.  I know some would include PBS as a cable channel but it's not...it's public programing and you don't pay extra for it.  Either they need to have seperate categories or have a completely different awards show.  To be honest some of the shows I have never even heard of since they are on channels we don't pay for.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I know you all won't agree with me, but something annoys me about the Emmys nowadays.    Cable Shows.   It's like the nominees are 75% from cable shows and 25% from regular shows.   Some of us don't get pay channels.   I just think it should be separate???? 

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Exacty, it's hard to compete against all the stuff on the cable shows.  I think it's harder for regular networks shows to put something on the air that avoids what you stated so they should be rewarded for that.

I was happy that Sherlock got recognized!!!  What a great win for PBS.  Wish more shows would get recognized from Masterpiece.

Quoting reptilequeen:

I agree, cable shows win everything, they should be separate! Regular show cant compete with all the blood, nudity ,language and sex on cable shows! HA!

I was so happy that Jim Parsons won and so did Modern Family though.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Another thing that surprised me.... Survivor wasn't even up for an Emmy.   :(

Fire911gal
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Remember when they used to have the Cable ACE Awards. Yeah, I used to think the same thing, but now they are including online shows like Orange is the New Black (and in the comedy category). 

I was really glad The Normal Heart won. It was a very powerful movie with great characters. I was sad Game of Thrones didn't win anything. While I've heard that Breaking Bad was a good show, I think they won because it was their last season (then again I could be a conspiracy theorist :D) lol

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Quoting Fire911gal:

Remember when they used to have the Cable ACE Awards. Yeah, I used to think the same thing, but now they are including online shows like Orange is the New Black (and in the comedy category).  I don't remember the Cable ACE Awards.  And I didn't even notice OITNB was nominated.  Okay...we can't include online shows too.  Yes, they are here to stay but they need a seperate category for cable/online shows.

I was really glad The Normal Heart won. It was a very powerful movie with great characters. I was sad Game of Thrones didn't win anything. While I've heard that Breaking Bad was a good show, I think they won because it was their last season (then again I could be a conspiracy theorist :D) lol  I agree The Normal Heart was a good movie.  I agree with you about how Breaking Bad probably won because it was their last season.  Honestly I think Downton should have won over GOT(and yes, I watch both)....GOT has an edge over shows because it's on HBO and can use it's shock value, Downton has really good storylines that doesn't employ shock values.  To be honest they might not have been even in the same category...I didn't look.  But I am miffed that Downton didn't get more love.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't look at the list but this surprises me.  No Survivor for the Emmys.  Usually TAR wins but Survivor is at least in the category.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Another thing that surprised me.... Survivor wasn't even up for an Emmy.   :(

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I sort of agree about the cable thing, but then again all my current shows are not on tv and are on netflix so IDK that I would care.

Let's talk about a real issue here.... why is criminal minds never ever ever nominated for freakin anything? Why don't they have a category to get into!!!!! UGH

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Criminal Minds fits in the Drama Category...and let's look to see what was nominated:

Breaking Bad • AMC
Downton Abbey • PBS
Game Of Thrones • HBO
House Of Cards • Netflix
Mad Men • AMC
True Detective • HBO

Only one of these shows is on regular network channels and that is Downton on PBS.  AMC, I can get because that is actually an extended cable network(most people get these but not all) so those are two more.  Out of the 6 shows nominated, half of them are pay programing, 2 of the remaining shows are on extended cable and 1 show is on your basic programing.  It's pretty common that CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS are passed up by other shows.  Not saying GOT, True Detective and House of Cards are not good shows(I watch them and enjoy them) but when they over take half the category they probably just need their own category

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

I sort of agree about the cable thing, but then again all my current shows are not on tv and are on netflix so IDK that I would care.

Let's talk about a real issue here.... why is criminal minds never ever ever nominated for freakin anything? Why don't they have a category to get into!!!!! UGH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)