Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gotham(9/22)

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:17 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://tvline.com/2014/09/22/gotham-fox-premiere-recap-ben-mckenzie-donal-logue/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:43 AM

DH and I watched this last night LIVE.

Dh's feelings on the show...they introduced to many of the villians in the first episode.  We had The Riddler, Penguin, Cat Woman and Poison Ivy and possibly a peek at The Joker.  He liked the Pilot otherwise and was happy we didn't have any more villians show up. 

My feelings...I thought the Pilot was good.  I am really curious to see how these villians evolve to become who they are in current times.  There was an article yesterday that the person didn't really care overly much for this Pilot.  I can understand that...they were expecting Batman and this isn't Batman or how the boy turns into Batman.  This is actual the story about how the villians become the villians.  Which I always love a good back story.  I am ready for next week.

Curious to hear what everyone else thought!!!  How many of you will watch again and how many of you didn't like that it isn't Batman?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Quoting pixie124:

Dh's feelings on the show...they introduced to many of the villians in the first episode.  We had The Riddler, Penguin, Cat Woman and Poison Ivy and possibly a peek at The Joker.  He liked the Pilot otherwise and was happy we didn't have any more villians show up. 

HAHAHA.... I was totally keeping track of them all.   Matt was asking me "how do you know who they all are?".    Umm how many Batman movies have been out at this point?  It's hard NOT to know who they are.   

My feelings...I thought the Pilot was good.  I am really curious to see how these villians evolve to become who they are in current times.  There was an article yesterday that the person didn't really care overly much for this Pilot.  I can understand that...they were expecting Batman and this isn't Batman or how the boy turns into Batman.  This is actual the story about how the villians become the villians.  Which I always love a good back story.  I am ready for next week.

It was good, but it was also a little disjointed?  Or too full of stuff trying to "snag us" to keep us watching?   I don't always love pilots, though, for that reason.   They want to hook us and get us interested, but sometimes it doesn't all add up.   That said, I'll still watch because like you, I want to know more and will give it more of a shot.

Curious to hear what everyone else thought!!!  How many of you will watch again and how many of you didn't like that it isn't Batman?

I like the relationship between Gordon and his partner (never really "got' his name besides Harvey, but he's not Harvey Dent?).    I know the actor is Donal Logue and I think he's lost some weight.   He's good as the cop who's been around, who's corrupt, who drinks, etc...    

I'll be curious what goes on with Gordon.   From what I remember, he's more of a blue collar kind of guy and his girlfriend's apartment was far from blue collar.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

HAHAHA.... I was totally keeping track of them all.   Matt was asking me "how do you know who they all are?".    Umm how many Batman movies have been out at this point?  It's hard NOT to know who they are.   Was this the point in which you looked at him and was thinking....where did I go wrong that he doesn't think I would know all of these??  lol

It was good, but it was also a little disjointed?  Or too full of stuff trying to "snag us" to keep us watching?   I don't always love pilots, though, for that reason.   They want to hook us and get us interested, but sometimes it doesn't all add up.   That said, I'll still watch because like you, I want to know more and will give it more of a shotI agree about the disjointed because they were giving us too much stuff.  But like you I know they are trying to snag us and that is not what I'm looking at...I'm looking at more of what the show can be.  They have some very interesting villians that they have shown us.  They are introducing us to Bullock...which I don't he was ever in a film but always in the comics(dh and I were discussing this last night)

I like the relationship between Gordon and his partner (never really "got' his name besides Harvey, but he's not Harvey Dent?).    I know the actor is Donal Logue and I think he's lost some weight.   He's good as the cop who's been around, who's corrupt, who drinks, etc...    

I'll be curious what goes on with Gordon.   From what I remember, he's more of a blue collar kind of guy and his girlfriend's apartment was far from blue collar.  Dh and I are trying to figure out if this is the Barbara he stays with or maybe this is a Barbara before his actual wife.  It's hard to know since his wife's name is Barbara.  I was looking up some stuff on google and it also says that his step-daughter's name is Barbara...we are a little confused by this.  I guess she becomes Batgirl.  Shannon is more of the comic guy and he knew that Gordon's wife was named Barbara...I didn't.

Kel13lighthouse
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM

My husband and I watched it this evening. Loved the first episode.  The scene with Bruce and his folks was like watching the beginning of Batman Begins. I of course had not looked up before hand who all was in the show, so just realized that the boy playing Bruce Wayne is none other than the boy who played Jake Bohm in TOUCH.  

clfamber
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked the first episode, I did miss some getting the kids in bed and what not that 7:00 hour is tough to be able to focus soley on the tv

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM

That is why that boy looked familiar.

Yep, it was just like watching Batman Begins when they had the scene with the parents.  That is probably because Batman Begins is very much from the comic book series.

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

My husband and I watched it this evening. Loved the first episode.  The scene with Bruce and his folks was like watching the beginning of Batman Begins. I of course had not looked up before hand who all was in the show, so just realized that the boy playing Bruce Wayne is none other than the boy who played Jake Bohm in TOUCH.  

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM

It's hard when you have to put muchkins to bed during a show.  Good news is that you will be fine missing some of the show since they will keep reminding us of everything the first month or two.  They have to do that in case someone starts watching late in the game.

Quoting clfamber:

I liked the first episode, I did miss some getting the kids in bed and what not that 7:00 hour is tough to be able to focus soley on the tv

e-doolittle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We still have it on the DVR. DH may watch this one with me.
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

AHA... that's why Bruce Wayne looked so familiar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Sep. 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I liked it. I like that it introduced the audience to people and seems to be headed towards giving us a full backstory. So, it assumes that you have no knowledge of the characters which I like. It makes the show more complete for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)