Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gotham(11/3)

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

A recap of what the recapper likes best for this episode....

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/gotham_season_1_episode_7_ben_mckenzie_victor_zsasz-2014-11

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I STILL do not get the critisism of the show.  Weekly case??  What were they expecting??  There are going to be time periods where there are weekly cases becauses that is how it works.   All of this stuff is going to come in to play.   Grrrr...

Anyway, this was an awesome episode.  Really loved how they showed that Penguin and Falcone have been in cahoots since the start.  Peguin is quite the Mastermind...playing everything out to the tee.  I completely LOVE his character....the guy that plays him is great.

Also I love Harvey Bullock...Know  nothing about him but I love him.  I really like what he brings to this show.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Quoting pixie124:

I STILL do not get the critisism of the show.  Weekly case??  What were they expecting??  There are going to be time periods where there are weekly cases becauses that is how it works.   All of this stuff is going to come in to play.   Grrrr...

I think that it took some time for us to get more invested in the regular characters, so they needed weekly cases to move the storylines further.   This week, we could just deal with the chaos ensuing with our regular people vs. another introduced villain or case.

Anyway, this was an awesome episode.  Really loved how they showed that Penguin and Falcone have been in cahoots since the start.  Peguin is quite the Mastermind...playing everything out to the tee.  I completely LOVE his character....the guy that plays him is great.

I was surprised at Penguin, but it shows that the guy is VERY smart.   I keep thinking that the Penguin is a Villain when Bruce Wayne is older and is Batman, so Penguin can't die now.    I agree that the actor is perfect and is playing this character perfectly.

Also I love Harvey Bullock...Know  nothing about him but I love him.  I really like what he brings to this show.

Yes, they've taken a "patented dirty cop" and made him more interesting and complex.   I definitely like that.  

Barbara was stupid last night.

Interesting how the female cop ended up helping to save Gordon.

Fish is definitley shaking in her shoes now that she knows Penguin is in with Maroni.   He definitely overheard and saw things that are damaging to her.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Oh and DH was home last night so he watched with us.  It was his first time.   With so much going on, I had to keep explaining who was who, what had happened, etc....    Because of that, I think I really should go back and rewatch this episode.    Also, Matthew was helping to explain stuff and it was interesting some of the details her remembered that I didn't.   

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

I think that it took some time for us to get more invested in the regular characters, so they needed weekly cases to move the storylines further.   This week, we could just deal with the chaos ensuing with our regular people vs. another introduced villain or case.

I was surprised at Penguin, but it shows that the guy is VERY smart.   I keep thinking that the Penguin is a Villain when Bruce Wayne is older and is Batman, so Penguin can't die now.    I agree that the actor is perfect and is playing this character perfectly.  I like how they have Penguin on this show compared to how they did Danny Divito's Penguin.  I think the storyline is just so much better.  I am assuming that these beginnings of Penguin are more acurate to the comics.

Yes, they've taken a "patented dirty cop" and made him more interesting and complex.   I definitely like that.  We got a kick out of how ALL of the cops left when Viktor came in.  Just shows how the city of Gotham was when it came to corruption. 

Barbara was stupid last night.  Yep, she is not a smarty pants is she.

Interesting how the female cop ended up helping to save Gordon. I am curious to know if we see the doctor(with the rats) more often.  I asked Shannon about this but he doesn't know.

Fish is definitley shaking in her shoes now that she knows Penguin is in with Maroni.   He definitely overheard and saw things that are damaging to her. I have a feeling that Fish is going down and will be a suprise(or not so much of a surprise) death in the future.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM

That would be hard, to explain everything, there is just so much that has happened in the amount of time the show has been on.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh and DH was home last night so he watched with us.  It was his first time.   With so much going on, I had to keep explaining who was who, what had happened, etc....    Because of that, I think I really should go back and rewatch this episode.    Also, Matthew was helping to explain stuff and it was interesting some of the details her remembered that I didn't.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)