Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peter Pan Live...Who is watching??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Magic is in the air on the Bethpage, Long Island, set of the upcoming production of Peter Pan Live! Make that magic realism. The show's titular lead, Allison Williams, is using a break in rehearsal to survey her surroundings. An ecstatic grin spreads across her face, making her nearly unrecognizable from Marnie, the guarded character she's played for the past three seasons on HBO's Girls. You can hardly blame her: The massive soundstage — where the two-hour event will be performed live on Dec. 4 — has been transformed into a Neverland tailor-made for the forever young.

Elsewhere on the premises are treasures like the Jolly Roger — the ship where Captain Hook (played by Christopher Walken) will terrorize Pan and the Darling children — reimagined in hyper-saturated colors made for high-definition TVs, as well as evidence of Lost Boys, Islanders, mermaids, and pirates. It's safe to say that, if J.M. Barrie — the Scotsman who, in the early 1900s, created the tale of the boy who doesn't want to grow up — were to land here today, he'd have his argyle socks blown off.

for more of on the set....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Peter-Pan-Live-1090291.aspx

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I didn't watch last years Sound of Music and I will not be watching this years Peter Pan.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I had the Sound of Music on last year out of curiosity but didn't watch all of it.   LOL.    I might watch this one just to see for myself - you know there will be buzz tomorrow.   HAHAHA

Quoting pixie124:

I didn't watch last years Sound of Music and I will not be watching this years Peter Pan.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be watching Project Runway and Bones and Gracepoint.  It will be nice, I will have fewer things clogging up the DVR.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I had the Sound of Music on last year out of curiosity but didn't watch all of it.   LOL.    I might watch this one just to see for myself - you know there will be buzz tomorrow.   HAHAHA

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm ready to see PR again.    I keep feeling like I'm behind, but it wasn't on last week so I'm good!  

Quoting pixie124:

I will be watching Project Runway and Bones and Gracepoint.  It will be nice, I will have fewer things clogging up the DVR.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I have it scheduled on the DVR. Not sure the family will be interested.

We watched part of Sound of Music last year but didn't finish. I hope Peter Pan will be better.
bizkit_fanky
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Nah we wont be watching

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I watched it (sort of) for about an hour and then I just couldn't do it anymore.   I'll be honest, the worst part for me was Christopher Walken.    I didn't like that casting and he seemed out of his element quite a few times.

mcdun
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I didnt watch but I saw clips of it on facebook. It kinda reminded me of Rupaul's Drag Race (only not as entertaining) 

Kel13lighthouse
"3" wins once again at Daytona, 20 yrs later!
Yesterday at 7:36 PM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Guess I missed it as it's now Friday. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting mcdun:

I didnt watch but I saw clips of it on facebook. It kinda reminded me of Rupaul's Drag Race (only not as entertaining) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)