Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gracepoint(12/11)

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 258 Total Views
1 mom liked this

A recap if you need one...

http://tvline.com/2014/12/11/gracepoint-finale-recap-ellies-husband-joe-son-tom-who-killed-danny/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Well drat....I read an article yesterday ranking the possible killer and Joe was number one.  So of course since I read that I was really prepared for him to be the killer. 

Beyond that I was really impressed by the actor who played Joe...I thought he did a great job in his role of confused pedo.  I also knew that Tom was a big factor in the death of Danny.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Well, I guess if they choose to do a season 2 they are prepared for what they would like the season to be.

Quoting pixie124:

Showrunner defends Killer choice and what about season 2...

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/gracepoint_showrunner_defends_killer_reveal_shares_season_2_plans-2014-12

Lolitalux
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I saw Broadchurch I already knew Joe was the killer. I was very angry at first because the first half of the episode is just like Broadchurch's last episode word for word just like it. They said from the beginning that it was going to be a different killer so I was disappointed at first but TOM! OMG Joe was just covering I didn't see that coming at all! I can't believe Tom was really the killer! I think Joe covered because he felt guilty for having an affair with Danny. 

Toshwood
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I was told there would be no season 2, if that is true i'm very angry because it ended with a cliff hanger. That isn't fair if there is no season 2. 

Tatennant
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk about an emotional roller coaster. I've seen both Broadchurch and Gracepoint so I knew what to expect until I realized it was still like 15 minuts into the episode and they were already arresting Joe.I knew at that point he couldn't have been the killer. If anyone that likes Gracepoint hasn't seen Broadchurch you should see it ASAP!

mcdun
by on Dec. 15, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I tried to avoid reading anything before the episode! LOL

I have mixed feelings about the ending.  Mostly the very last scene when DT is talking to his daughter on the phone and then he hangs up and starts reviewing the last interview with Tom, at that point I was a little mad because they pretty much said it was a one season show but now they left it hanging as if there is another 10 episodes coming. It made me want to reach into my TV and shake the producers. 

Quoting pixie124:

Well drat....I read an article yesterday ranking the possible killer and Joe was number one.  So of course since I read that I was really prepared for him to be the killer. 

Beyond that I was really impressed by the actor who played Joe...I thought he did a great job in his role of confused pedo.  I also knew that Tom was a big factor in the death of Danny.

“If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough.” 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah...it was all wrapped up nice and neatly until DT looked at the video again and then tried calling Ellie.  If he would have just erased the video from his phone I would have felt like that was an ending to a series but the fact that he tried calling her and she didn't answer left it open for another season.

Quoting mcdun:

I have mixed feelings about the ending.  Mostly the very last scene when DT is talking to his daughter on the phone and then he hangs up and starts reviewing the last interview with Tom, at that point I was a little mad because they pretty much said it was a one season show but now they left it hanging as if there is another 10 episodes coming. It made me want to reach into my TV and shake the producers. 

Quoting pixie124:

mcdun
by on Dec. 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I hope they do another season. They said in the beginning it was going to be just a one season thing so I can't see them ending it like that without the intend of filming a second season. 

Quoting pixie124:

Yeah...it was all wrapped up nice and neatly until DT looked at the video again and then tried calling Ellie.  If he would have just erased the video from his phone I would have felt like that was an ending to a series but the fact that he tried calling her and she didn't answer left it open for another season.

Quoting mcdun:

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I believe I read an article somewhere that they(the show runners) would love to and would be willing to do a second season if the show is picked up again. 

Quoting mcdun:

I hope they do another season. They said in the beginning it was going to be just a one season thing so I can't see them ending it like that without the intend of filming a second season. 

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting mcdun:

Quoting pixie124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)