Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway: All Stars(12/11)

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/project-runway-all-stars-season-4-episode-6/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM

First off...why wasn't Sam in the bottom.  I really didn't like her dress.  I thought it was hideous!!!  I liked Justin's look more. 

Top looks...

I was okay with Helen's look but didn't LOVE it.  What is funny is that while watching I said...that is something that Alyssa would have wore when she was on Charmed.  As a matter of fact I think I saw her wear an outfit like that is the first couple of seasons.  Haha

Sonjia...I actually liked hers so I thought they were going to hate it.  I couldn't tell if the guest judge liked hers or actually hated it because he thought it might be cheap.  I was slightly confused by that.

Michelle...I was impressed by what she did with the Lace.  I am not a fan of the whole make our thighs/hips look bigger trend but I do find the affect with the matterials to be cool.

I was happy with the Sonjia win...and I can see Alyssa in this.

The bottom three...

Again, I didn't think Justin's was that bad.  I agreed with what ever judges said to take off the sleeves.  I was so drawn to the middle technique that he used.  I really liked it and so that was my down fall with not seeing how he could be in the bottom three.

Gunnar....strange enough, I LIKED the feather affect.  Just wished he could have found away to use it in the whole dress or make the rest of the dress look as interesting.  The bottom wasn't as fun and interesting.

Fabio...Pepto Bismol pink!!!  WHY!!!!!  I found the head dress fun even if the judges didn't.  Kinda of had me going sloppy period piece.  haha  But the dress...ahhh NO!!!

I was perfectly fine with Gunnar leaving because I like Fabio and he has way more to offer!!!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Once again, I haven't watched this and need to catch up.

I had to post to share this tidbit... we were out (chorus concert, then dessert at my parents house) so we got home late.   I saw that the DVR was recording something at 9pm and honestly couldn't remember what it could be taping.   Then it hit me... oh right PR.    ooooops.

Quoting pixie124:

A recap if you need one...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/project-runway-all-stars-season-4-episode-6/

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Quoting pixie124:

First off...why wasn't Sam in the bottom.  I really didn't like her dress.  I thought it was hideous!!!  I liked Justin's look more. 

I didn't understand Sam's dress.  They showed very little footage of her in the workplace.

Top looks...

I was okay with Helen's look but didn't LOVE it.  What is funny is that while watching I said...that is something that Alyssa would have wore when she was on Charmed.  As a matter of fact I think I saw her wear an outfit like that is the first couple of seasons.  Haha

Based on the feedback, I was confused if she was in the top or the bottom (at first).   It was obvious she wouldn't be the winner after they started to discuss it amongst themselves.

HAHAHAHA.... Yes, Phoebe definitely could be seen in something like that.   While watching reruns, I always lament on how many midriff, low cut things the sisters wear (except Piper).

Sonjia...I actually liked hers so I thought they were going to hate it.  I couldn't tell if the guest judge liked hers or actually hated it because he thought it might be cheap.  I was slightly confused by that.

Yeah her look could have gone either way because of the gold fabric.   I like that she's shown so much growth since her first time on the show.   It's not necessarily good to be labeled "the one to beat", though.

Michelle...I was impressed by what she did with the Lace.  I am not a fan of the whole make our thighs/hips look bigger trend but I do find the affect with the matterials to be cool.

I thought the bottom looked like a clove of garlic.    HAHAHAHA

That said, I liked the way she layered the lace.   She really does some cool stuff.  Oh and her hair looks MUCH better down.

The bottom three...

Again, I didn't think Justin's was that bad.  I agreed with what ever judges said to take off the sleeves.  I was so drawn to the middle technique that he used.  I really liked it and so that was my down fall with not seeing how he could be in the bottom three.

Justin's WAS kind of boring.   So many other things he could have done with silk.

Gunnar....strange enough, I LIKED the feather affect.  Just wished he could have found away to use it in the whole dress or make the rest of the dress look as interesting.  The bottom wasn't as fun and interesting.

I didn't hate his look either, but was glad it was him who went home.   That's awful, but it's how I felt.   When he kept changing his look, I knew he could be in trouble.

Fabio...Pepto Bismol pink!!!  WHY!!!!!  I found the head dress fun even if the judges didn't.  Kinda of had me going sloppy period piece.  haha  But the dress...ahhh NO!!!

Denim... all I could think about was Kini would have rocked this.   Fabio definitely had a bad week, but I think they kept him based on past work.

I was perfectly fine with Gunnar leaving because I like Fabio and he has way more to offer!!!

I liked how Gunnar went out (not anywhere near as catty as in the past).

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

Top looks...

Based on the feedback, I was confused if she was in the top or the bottom (at first).   It was obvious she wouldn't be the winner after they started to discuss it amongst themselves. I was confused also.  I think they were a mixed bag on her.

HAHAHAHA.... Yes, Phoebe definitely could be seen in something like that.   While watching reruns, I always lament on how many midriff, low cut things the sisters wear (except Piper). You are right...Piper got away from the low cut stuff.  Not sure how that happened.  I think I remember an episode or two where she did show a bit of skin but it was always Phoebe and Paige that showed skin.  Even Prue showed a bit more but not as much as Paige did.

Yeah her look could have gone either way because of the gold fabric.   I like that she's shown so much growth since her first time on the show.   It's not necessarily good to be labeled "the one to beat", though.  Yeah....think of what Alyssa said to Fabio last week.  haha

I thought the bottom looked like a clove of garlic.    HAHAHAHA  Hahaha

That said, I liked the way she layered the lace.   She really does some cool stuff.  Oh and her hair looks MUCH better down.  Yeah, her hair does look better down.  I was really worried about her in the beginning but at least this time she pulled out a good look.

The bottom three...

Justin's WAS kind of boring.   So many other things he could have done with silk.  It was boring but I liked it...haha

I didn't hate his look either, but was glad it was him who went home.   That's awful, but it's how I felt.   When he kept changing his look, I knew he could be in trouble.  I was also super okay with him going home.

Denim... all I could think about was Kini would have rocked this.   Fabio definitely had a bad week, but I think they kept him based on past work.  Yeah, I think they based it off of weeks before.

I liked how Gunnar went out (not anywhere near as catty as in the past).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)