Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Cans...Thanks Toshwood

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 418 Total Views

Dd did the Christmas Cans that Toshwood talked about in the Homemade Christmas Presents thread.  It was a late night last night.  She didn't do as much to them as she had planned but since she is still getting over a nasty cold and had 18 to do I think they came out alright.  Here are a few pictures.

Thanks again Toshwood for the idea.  It's actually super neat...just wish we would have had time to decorate the tops.

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Wow!   You've been busy!    They came out great.  

Quoting pixie124:

Dd did the Christmas Cans that Toshwood talked about in the Homemade Christmas Presents thread.  It was a late night last night.  She didn't do as much to them as she had planned but since she is still getting over a nasty cold and had 18 to do I think they came out alright.  Here are a few pictures.

Thanks again Toshwood for the idea.  It's actually super neat...just wish we would have had time to decorate the tops.

bizkit_fanky
by Member on Dec. 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are awesome...

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Super cute!

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 19, 2014 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes....busy...busy and eating LOTS of canned fruit.  HAHAHA

Dh was telling the people at work about this and one guy is going to do it with a soup can.  I guess his family does some dirty santa type of thing where you spend up to 20 dollars.  He is going to roll up 20 dollars and put it in a soup can with the soup can label still on it.  There is some switching going on in there and he wants to see who switches out to get rid of the soup can.  Just for fun...he said he might put another 50 in the can so people feel like a dork for not taking the can.  HAHAHAHA.  That is a really good idea...one I am going to have to remember for the future. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

That is a great idea!! 

We got our oldest son an iPod and it's so small, so I'm definitely putting it into a box, then into another box, then into another box.... LOL

Quoting pixie124:

Dh was telling the people at work about this and one guy is going to do it with a soup can.  I guess his family does some dirty santa type of thing where you spend up to 20 dollars.  He is going to roll up 20 dollars and put it in a soup can with the soup can label still on it.  There is some switching going on in there and he wants to see who switches out to get rid of the soup can.  Just for fun...he said he might put another 50 in the can so people feel like a dork for not taking the can.  HAHAHAHA.  That is a really good idea...one I am going to have to remember for the future. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Keely made living lockets for her two BFF's for Christmas.  They are small also and I didn't have any jewerly boxes so she wrapped them up and put them in a ziplock baggie which she wrapped again.  She took all of that and put that plus more paper and put it in a greeting card box and wrapped that and put that box in another box and wrapped it.  The whole time she was talking about how much fun this was going to be...haha

Quoting LisaLoopner:

That is a great idea!! 

We got our oldest son an iPod and it's so small, so I'm definitely putting it into a box, then into another box, then into another box.... LOL

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful!

mcdun
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

very nice! 

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
My daughter is getting Ariana Grande tickets for Christmas. My husband found the biggest box we had and put the tickets in there. He weighted it down with books so she thinks it's something big. We also got her Ugg Boots but took them out of the box and out another present in the box. I will have the camera ready for when she opens that box. All she talks about is Ugg Boots.
A few Christmas' ago we switched up the Santa presents name tags. it was so much fun watching their faces as they opened those gifts.
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM

That is sooo cool.  Let us know what her reaction was....I bet she squealed quite a bit.

Quoting cubbies23: My daughter is getting Ariana Grande tickets for Christmas. My husband found the biggest box we had and put the tickets in there. He weighted it down with books so she thinks it's something big. We also got her Ugg Boots but took them out of the box and out another present in the box. I will have the camera ready for when she opens that box. All she talks about is Ugg Boots. A few Christmas' ago we switched up the Santa presents name tags. it was so much fun watching their faces as they opened those gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)