Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hannibal Just Recast A Major Character

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

Hannibal Just Recast This Major Character image

If a TV show ever has to replace an actor during the middle of a character’s narrative arc, it certainly helps if the character’s face has been sliced up to the point of unrecognizability. Hannibal fans are in for one hell of a switcheroo for the super sickoMason Verger, as actor Michael Pitt has left the series entirely and won’t be coming back for Season 3. Luckily, NBC was quick to find a replacement in Hercules actor Joe Anderson. 

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Hannibal-Just-Recast-Major-Character-69043.html

I can't wait for season 3 i'm a huge fan of the books, movies, and show! 

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I don't watch this show, but saw this news and thought the actors didn't look like each other?   I remember Michael Pitts from something... maybe an SVU episode and I think he's very distinctive, so recasting has to be hard.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I have to admit whenever I saw this guy on Hannibal I kept thinking of him as Jimmy on Boardwalk Empire.  I am sure there are other people that are worked up about the switch(not that it's the shows choice...it's the actors choice) but for me...I am okay with this one.

mcdun
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I thought the same thing, they don't look or sound anything alike. But the character has scars all over his face so I don't think it will matter much. But I don't think Michael Pitts is the best actor in the world so i'm a bit worried. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I don't watch this show, but saw this news and thought the actors didn't look like each other?   I remember Michael Pitts from something... maybe an SVU episode and I think he's very distinctive, so recasting has to be hard.

mcdun
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL my DH kept calling him Jimmy too.  

Quoting pixie124:

I have to admit whenever I saw this guy on Hannibal I kept thinking of him as Jimmy on Boardwalk Empire.  I am sure there are other people that are worked up about the switch(not that it's the shows choice...it's the actors choice) but for me...I am okay with this one.

ButterflyRose55
by Member on May. 29, 2015 at 9:13 PM

I watched this show  for a while  but didnt like it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)