Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gotham(1/5)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:13 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

A recap if you need one....

http://tvline.com/2015/01/05/gotham-recap-jim-gordon-arkham-asylum/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:19 AM

So....I know some Batman(and other comic book charactor) lore but since there is so much of it I feel like I should know this doctor lady but I don't.  Anyone else know WHO she is??  I got the feeling(Just like the recapper said) that she wasn't quite right but I don't know who to expect. 

The asylum story paved the way for Morena Baccarin’s introduction as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, but was anyone else a bit excited by the fleeting tease that she was a loon in sheep’s clothing? The larger trick with the Thompkins character is that what made her special in DC comics lore was her maternal role to young master Bruce. And since Gotham brass have said they’re not taking that path anytime soon, we need other cause to connect with her as an “island,” and the prospect of her eventually “getting a room” with Jim won’t suffice.

Maybe I should leave well enough alone and not try and figure out WHO she is and let the story unfold but I can't help myself.  I must ask....does anyone know??

I am going to send this to Dh....obviously he doesn't know or he would have said something last night.  Hmmmm.

I actually like Jim in Asylum...it's giving us a chance to see something different.  I don't want him there forever but it's giving us a different perspective of the people of Gotham.

Oh and as for the "nurse"...I knew something was up with her and WHERE have I seen her before?!?!  Can anyone refresh my memory??  I know her from somewhere.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I mostly know her as the receptionist on Moonlighting with Cybill Shepard and Bruce Willis.   That voice is SO distinctive!  

Oh and as for the "nurse"...I knew something was up with her and WHERE have I seen her before?!?!  Can anyone refresh my memory??  I know her from somewhere

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Can Barbara just go away?  Maybe she and Katrina from Sleepy Hollow can go be together and get off my shows.    ROFL

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pixie124:

So....I know some Batman(and other comic book charactor) lore but since there is so much of it I feel like I should know this doctor lady but I don't.  Anyone else know WHO she is??  I got the feeling(Just like the recapper said) that she wasn't quite right but I don't know who to expect. 

The asylum story paved the way for Morena Baccarin’s introduction as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, but was anyone else a bit excited by the fleeting tease that she was a loon in sheep’s clothing? The larger trick with the Thompkins character is that what made her special in DC comics lore was her maternal role to young master Bruce. And since Gotham brass have said they’re not taking that path anytime soon, we need other cause to connect with her as an “island,” and the prospect of her eventually “getting a room” with Jim won’t suffice.

Maybe I should leave well enough alone and not try and figure out WHO she is and let the story unfold but I can't help myself.  I must ask....does anyone know??

Knowing who the actress is, I feel like she's on for a duration and she's on for something big.   That said, I have no idea what that is.   I can't put together the pieces either, but I think I'm okay with that. 

I actually like Jim in Asylum...it's giving us a chance to see something different.  I don't want him there forever but it's giving us a different perspective of the people of Gotham.

I do, too.   It was a new avenue to pursue and I think a lot of cool storylines could come out of there.  

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Ah Ha...Thanks!!!  I knew her from somewhere and that is where!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I mostly know her as the receptionist on Moonlighting with Cybill Shepard and Bruce Willis.   That voice is SO distinctive!  

Oh and as for the "nurse"...I knew something was up with her and WHERE have I seen her before?!?!  Can anyone refresh my memory??  I know her from somewhere

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Barbara IS very annoying but from our understanding in the comics she was hated.  The actress is playing the part very well!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Can Barbara just go away?  Maybe she and Katrina from Sleepy Hollow can go be together and get off my shows.    ROFL

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, Barbara IS annoying and I want Katrina to go away as well, lol

I thought it was a good episode : ) 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Well then good.... she's definitely making me hate her.   LOL

Quoting pixie124:

Barbara IS very annoying but from our understanding in the comics she was hated.  The actress is playing the part very well!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Kel13lighthouse
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

They chose a great actor to play Jack Gruber (Christopher Heyerdahl)

I've been watching him as The Swede on Hell On Wheels. He's a fun villian to watch. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:19 PM

I kept thinking I should know him from somewhere.    When I read the names at the beginning of the show, his name rang a bell but I couldn't place him.   I should check IMDB because I don't watch Hell on Wheels.

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

They chose a great actor to play Jack Gruber (Christopher Heyerdahl)

I've been watching him as The Swede on Hell On Wheels. He's a fun villian to watch. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)