Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Galavant

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

I soooooo did not like this.  I really expected to but completely didn't.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM

I was kicking myself for not DVRing this and now I'm glad I didn't.   The reviews are pretty bad. 

Quoting e-doolittle:

I soooooo did not like this.  I really expected to but completely didn't.

Fire911gal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2015 at 9:05 PM

It was like a pale by comparison Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It had some funny moments, but the songs were cheesy.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM

The irony is the songs are written by someone good... like Alan Menken?   I think it's like a bunch of guys who wrote the music for Tangled.    Menken has written so many Disney songs.   Anyway, because of that, I assumed the  music (at least) would be good.    Guess not!

Quoting Fire911gal:

It was like a pale by comparison Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It had some funny moments, but the songs were cheesy.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Keely and I watched it today and we enjoyed the cheesiness of the show.  I am guessing this was suppose to be a 30 min comedy which wouldn't have worked at all since I believe this is a show that can only go for a few weeks.  I didn't have a huge problem with the music because I wasn't expecting it to be like Broadway.  Timothy Omundson makes us think of when he was on Psych...haha. Lassiter, singing and dancing and getting treated horribly by the queen. Haha

I don't see this show getting renewed, unless something really amazing happens but it is cheesy good. Haha

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I have been looking forward to this show since ABC picked it up in the summer. I finally saw it Sunday and HATED it!!!! Ugh! What a let down!

Kel13lighthouse
Saw a partial of the Eclipse where we lived, sorry no pics.
Monday at 4:11 PM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I was planning to DVR the whole thing and watch it all at once, but after reading your posts we'll probably fast forward through most of it, when we do finally find time to watch.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)