Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mistresses news

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

So the show is NOT going to recast Savi (Alyssa Milano's character).   They're going to bring on a new character, but it won't be Savi.    There wasn't any news on how they'll explain what happened to Savi, though.    TVline.com

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I am happy they are not recasting Savi.  I think they will be able to pull off just writing her out of the show.  With the way last season ended I could see her being pretty upset and just leaving.  I do wonder how this new person is going to fit into the show.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Do you think people will be upset if they just say "oh hey she was mad and left" without being able to actually see it happen or do you think people will understand since they know she's not coming back? 

I hope they get an actress who you like!

Quoting pixie124:

I am happy they are not recasting Savi.  I think they will be able to pull off just writing her out of the show.  With the way last season ended I could see her being pretty upset and just leaving.  I do wonder how this new person is going to fit into the show.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM

I think people will understand.  At the end of last season Savi is getting ready to walk on the beach where her Ex-husband(who she is just realizing she still loves) and her sister are getting ready to do the nasty/or are in the process of doing the nasty.  I think that will help with the break because Savi could just run off after because of the shock of it all.  I know someone that this happen to IRL.  It was a guy, he came home to surprise his wife(he was a military guy) and found her in bed with his brother.  They still don't talk and it's been 30 years.  It's hard because there are children from both relationships.  Eek.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Do you think people will be upset if they just say "oh hey she was mad and left" without being able to actually see it happen or do you think people will understand since they know she's not coming back? 

Quoting pixie124:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM

About Savi.... yes I could see how that storyline would allow for a reasonable explanation for her departure.   Very soapy! 

OMGosh your friend's stor is horrible.   I just cannot imagine.

Quoting pixie124:

I think people will understand.  At the end of last season Savi is getting ready to walk on the beach where her Ex-husband(who she is just realizing she still loves) and her sister are getting ready to do the nasty/or are in the process of doing the nasty.  I think that will help with the break because Savi could just run off after because of the shock of it all.  I know someone that this happen to IRL.  It was a guy, he came home to surprise his wife(he was a military guy) and found her in bed with his brother.  They still don't talk and it's been 30 years.  It's hard because there are children from both relationships.  Eek.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Mistresses is very soapy!!!

Yeah, that whole thing was horrible.  It's hard on the parents of the brothers as well.  They have just gotten to the point where the whole family can be together at weddings and funerals.  They still have split holidays.  Too many hard feelings.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

About Savi.... yes I could see how that storyline would allow for a reasonable explanation for her departure.   Very soapy! 

OMGosh your friend's stor is horrible.   I just cannot imagine.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I think people will be fine with Savi leaving as well.  Even before the whole thing with Joss and Harry, she was at a point where just leaving and starting over someplace new would have been a smart choice.  Things were pretty much over with her and Dom so them being in a work situation would have been awkward too.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2015 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmm.....but I'm glad they didn't recast Savi

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2015 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm happy with their decision.  Sometimes when they recast it doesn't work out....

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Not that Alyssa Milano wasn't important to the show, but if they recast well and go in another direction, eventually people won't remember Alyssa on the show as much as her replacement.  

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I'm happy with their decision.  Sometimes when they recast it doesn't work out....

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Not that Alyssa Milano wasn't important to the show, but if they recast well and go in another direction, eventually people won't remember Alyssa on the show as much as her replacement.  

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)