Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HTGAWM...who killed Lila(2/26)

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:12 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/how-to-get-away-with-murder-finale-recap-lila-killer/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Dh was a sweetie last night and let me just watch this show and we are watching Vikings today.  So Keely and I watched this uninterupted last night.

Rebecca was really coming across like she could have planned out everything.  The girl is a lot smarter than most people give her credit for.  I wasn't sure if she did kill Lila.  It seemed like every time I thought she was innocent, we would see a part of her or she would say something that would make me second guess that.

Wes...Keely read in her teen magazine last week that he was in Harry Potter.  Haha.  He was Dean Thomas.  LOL

Bonnie...at one point I really thought it was going to be her.  I can't believe how much I was hoping last night that it wasn't but there was part of me that thought she did it because she was in love with Sam.  It's strange how much I am starting to actually like her.  Loved the part with her and Asher in the office, where he was shaking his butt.  LMAO.

Sam...because the episode was showing how much he was around Lila, I couldn't help but think...wow it's him.  All this time we have been running around and it was him.

Frank...the actual killer.  I know some of you had him pegged early on.  I didn't.  What surprised me...that he did it for Sam.  I could see him doing it for Annalese but for Sam??!!??  That one threw me.  That was what suprised me.  And I sure hope next season we get more into Frank's past.

So now on to the cliffhanger end.  Keely and I actually did the rewind and watched key parts of the last 25 mins 3 times.  We watched Frank killing Lila.  We watched for who was with Rebecca after Wes left the basement with her....obviously they didn't show us anything.  Frank saying something about...how could Annalese think he was like that??  Now we know that Frank is in fact like that.  Keely thinks it's Laurel because she thought Frank wasn't going to handle it.  I think she might be on to something there.

Other interesting tid bits....

Annalese taking care of Wes...just like her mom took care of her.  Hmmm

Laurel had Michaela's ring and why she kept it.  Who knew Laurel could be so devious.

Connor and his boyfriend.  Even tho isn't part of the big picture...I feel bad for Connor, I think he has some issues from his past that makes it so he can use sex so easy.  Now when he is actually ready for a relationship...Oliver has HIV.  What will Connor do??  Has he grown up enough or is he still running away.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:05 AM

This show is a trainwreck!  Honestly, after I read the article Lisa posted the other day, I didn't even want to watch.  I don't like that there were so many different possibilities that even the writers couldn't decide which story would get them the best ratings.  That pretty much means that everything we have watched this season could point to anyone and really meant little to the outcome.  Which is how I've felt watching it, that we were just going in circles. And now they have set up next season to work in the same way. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:10 AM

It's kind of like authors who write in series....very rarely does the story even turn out the way they thought it would in the beginning.  To me that is honest.  If the writer can't change their mind or has complete tunnel vision the story will get dull and boring with a conclusion that is to easy thought up by anyone.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

This show is a trainwreck!  Honestly, after I read the article Lisa posted the other day, I didn't even want to watch.  I don't like that there were so many different possibilities that even the writers couldn't decide which story would get them the best ratings.  That pretty much means that everything we have watched this season could point to anyone and really meant little to the outcome.  Which is how I've felt watching it, that we were just going in circles. And now they have set up next season to work in the same way. 

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Yes, I've heard many times that a series didn't turn out how the writers expected but I feel like those shows build and grow.  I feel like this show is just rehashing over and over with no growth.    I guess that's just my opinion. 

Quoting pixie124:

It's kind of like authors who write in series....very rarely does the story even turn out the way they thought it would in the beginning.  To me that is honest.  If the writer can't change their mind or has complete tunnel vision the story will get dull and boring with a conclusion that is to easy thought up by anyone.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:58 AM

I'm going to watch the season finale later today....I'm so happy it was picked up for a second season :)

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2015 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Part of me likes that they kept me guessing and part of me was SO annoyed. 

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Dh was a sweetie last night and let me just watch this show and we are watching Vikings today.  So Keely and I watched this uninterupted last night.

Woot!

Rebecca was really coming across like she could have planned out everything.  The girl is a lot smarter than most people give her credit for.  I wasn't sure if she did kill Lila.  It seemed like every time I thought she was innocent, we would see a part of her or she would say something that would make me second guess that.

I just don't get why she didn't just say "hey, I didn't do it".   We were really on a Merry Go Round with Rebecca during this episode.

Wes...Keely read in her teen magazine last week that he was in Harry Potter.  Haha.  He was Dean Thomas.  LOL

YES!   I read about this a few weeks ago and I thought we'd talked about it.  He was the guy who Ginny Weasley dated for awhile.   So funny.

Bonnie...at one point I really thought it was going to be her.  I can't believe how much I was hoping last night that it wasn't but there was part of me that thought she did it because she was in love with Sam.  It's strange how much I am starting to actually like her.  Loved the part with her and Asher in the office, where he was shaking his butt.  LMAO.

I totally thought it was going to be Bonnie.   Until they showed the face of the killer, I was expecting the blonde hair.   Her character is still so unknown to us.

Sam...because the episode was showing how much he was around Lila, I couldn't help but think...wow it's him.  All this time we have been running around and it was him.

I also thought it was as simple as Sam really did kill her.   I think the repercussions of it not being Sam, but he was killed is going to resonate more for season 2. 

Frank...the actual killer.  I know some of you had him pegged early on.  I didn't.  What surprised me...that he did it for Sam.  I could see him doing it for Annalese but for Sam??!!??  That one threw me.  That was what suprised me.  And I sure hope next season we get more into Frank's past.

Nope... I didn't think it was Frank.   I still don't get why he'd kill for Sam and then does Analise know it was him so that's what she has on Frank?   We have to get into Frank's past because we have to know why some people can pull his strings and he does what they say.

So now on to the cliffhanger end.  Keely and I actually did the rewind and watched key parts of the last 25 mins 3 times.  We watched Frank killing Lila.  We watched for who was with Rebecca after Wes left the basement with her....obviously they didn't show us anything.  Frank saying something about...how could Annalese think he was like that??  Now we know that Frank is in fact like that.  Keely thinks it's Laurel because she thought Frank wasn't going to handle it.  I think she might be on to something there.

Just like who killed Lila, anyone could have killed Rebecca so I just don't have any clue and it probably is better to not peg someone because they'll just twist it anyway.   LOL.   It could easily have been one of the girls because they were seriously annoyed with Rebecca.

Annalese taking care of Wes...just like her mom took care of her.  Hmmm

I think that was nice, but all about manipulation.

Laurel had Michaela's ring and why she kept it.  Who knew Laurel could be so devious.

I kinda like Laurel's character.   I think it was awesome that she had Michaela's ring.   LOL.   I think they might have bonded now, though?   

Connor and his boyfriend.  Even tho isn't part of the big picture...I feel bad for Connor, I think he has some issues from his past that makes it so he can use sex so easy.  Now when he is actually ready for a relationship...Oliver has HIV.  What will Connor do??  Has he grown up enough or is he still running away.

This was such a "B" part of the whole show that I just didn't pay enough attention, but I guess the big question is will Connor stay with him now that he's tested positive?  Hmm.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 3, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

I just don't get why she didn't just say "hey, I didn't do it".   We were really on a Merry Go Round with Rebecca during this episode.  --I kind of wonder if it's not because she was caught in so many lies and was use to people not believing her.  It did get very Merry Go Round like.

I totally thought it was going to be Bonnie.   Until they showed the face of the killer, I was expecting the blonde hair.   Her character is still so unknown to us.--I know it's huge to work for Annelese but I also wonder, WHY does she stay with Annelese and WHY hasn't she moved on from her?  What is that all about?

I also thought it was as simple as Sam really did kill her.   I think the repercussions of it not being Sam, but he was killed is going to resonate more for season 2. --I agree, I think this is still going to come up next season.  It also means that we will see Sam in flashbacks as they try to figure out the why of everything, even if it's in their heads.

Nope... I didn't think it was Frank.   I still don't get why he'd kill for Sam and then does Analise know it was him so that's what she has on Frank?   We have to get into Frank's past because we have to know why some people can pull his strings and he does what they say.  --I don't think Annalise knows it's Frank.  I am sure she expects that he could do something like that to save the group but I don't think she believes it's him.  I am VERY interested in getting into Frank's past.  He and Bonnie.

Just like who killed Lila, anyone could have killed Rebecca so I just don't have any clue and it probably is better to not peg someone because they'll just twist it anyway.   LOL.   It could easily have been one of the girls because they were seriously annoyed with Rebecca.  --It will probably be Asher...LOL

I kinda like Laurel's character.   I think it was awesome that she had Michaela's ring.   LOL.   I think they might have bonded now, though?   --I don't know if they have bonded but Michaela is going to be more careful with Laurel now.  I have a feeling Michaela probably respects Laurel more now.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 3, 2015 at 8:24 AM

I totally thought it was going to be Bonnie.   Until they showed the face of the killer, I was expecting the blonde hair.   Her character is still so unknown to us.--I know it's huge to work for Annelese but I also wonder, WHY does she stay with Annelese and WHY hasn't she moved on from her?  What is that all about?    

I partly like that we're not sure about Bonnie (like we are with Frank), but then I'm wondering why does EVERY SINGLE character have to be so twisted and multi-layered?  LOL

Nope... I didn't think it was Frank.   I still don't get why he'd kill for Sam and then does Analise know it was him so that's what she has on Frank?   We have to get into Frank's past because we have to know why some people can pull his strings and he does what they say.  --I don't think Annalise knows it's Frank.  I am sure she expects that he could do something like that to save the group but I don't think she believes it's him.  I am VERY interested in getting into Frank's past.  He and Bonnie.

It's a better story if Annalise doesn't know it was Frank, I think.   I agree that Frank has emerged as a character we all want to know more about and I'm even pulling for Frank & Laurel now.   

Just like who killed Lila, anyone could have killed Rebecca so I just don't have any clue and it probably is better to not peg someone because they'll just twist it anyway.   LOL.   It could easily have been one of the girls because they were seriously annoyed with Rebecca.  --It will probably be Asher...LOL

HAHAHA... that actually made me laugh out loud.

I kinda like Laurel's character.   I think it was awesome that she had Michaela's ring.   LOL.   I think they might have bonded now, though?   --I don't know if they have bonded but Michaela is going to be more careful with Laurel now.  I have a feeling Michaela probably respects Laurel more now.

Michaela has a lot more going on "under the hood" then they give her credit for.  I think some of her actions, which were more about panic early on made her seem weak. 

Did anyone wonder where Sam's sister went during this entire episode?

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

It's a better story if Annalise doesn't know it was Frank, I think.   I agree that Frank has emerged as a character we all want to know more about and I'm even pulling for Frank & Laurel now.   --Me two.  I am also a Frank & Laurel shipper.  I rolled my eyes at the beginning but now I am sooooo there.  LOL

Did anyone wonder where Sam's sister went during this entire episode?  --I was also.  I hope she comes back at some point.  I think I saw that Marcia has a new pilot but I would love to see her come back to stir up trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)