Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DWTS(3/16)

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

So...first thoughts.

I am completely crushing on the guy from Shark Tank.  LOVE him!!!  He had me at his smile and to be honest I see potential in there.  He has the right lines and he is pointing his feet.  Plus he has that smile.

The football guy can really shake it in the backside but needs to work on his feet.  He is too flat footed.  Redfoo is the same way..minus the butt shaking.  He stomps a lot.  

The bachelor needs to pull his butt and his stomach in.  Bruno and Julianne pointed that out.  His body looked misshaped because of how he hunched over.

The boob model.  I feel bad for that new dancer Keo.  I am not sure if he is going to stick around to get to round two.    But let's face it he was mugging for the camera the whole time.  This is catty but how the heck does her itty bitty legs hold her top half up.  She is honest about her top assets.

i was amazed by the military guy.  A couple of things about that.  I thought he would be more like Amy and when he pointed out the knee and watching him dance he can't get that flex because of his knee.  Even walking up the steps he had to walk straight legged.  Add on that I didn't even think about his guide arm being gone.  Sharna did a great job with the choreography.

favorite dance...Rumer and Val.  I think Val really has a chance to win.  Bruce had no emotion after watching her dance.  It took awhile for him to smile but Demi was grinning and throwing kisses like crazy.

so who does every think will leave?

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Quoting pixie124:

So...first thoughts.

I am completely crushing on the guy from Shark Tank.  LOVE him!!!  He had me at his smile and to be honest I see potential in there.  He has the right lines and he is pointing his feet.  Plus he has that smile.  There doesn't seem to be a ton of talent here so I think he has a great chance to go far.  He was a great entertainer.

The football guy can really shake it in the backside but needs to work on his feet.  He is too flat footed.  Redfoo is the same way..minus the butt shaking.  He stomps a lot.  I see lots of opportunity for improvement with Michael (?) but not so much with Redfoo.

The bachelor needs to pull his butt and his stomach in.  Bruno and Julianne pointed that out.  His body looked misshaped because of how he hunched over.  I agree, but he seemed pretty relaxed and having fun so I think he may do better than I expected with this group of dancers.

The boob model.  I feel bad for that new dancer Keo.  I am not sure if he is going to stick around to get to round two.    But let's face it he was mugging for the camera the whole time.  This is catty but how the heck does her itty bitty legs hold her top half up.  She is honest about her top assets.  UGH, she was really, really bad and I still do not like Keo. 

i was amazed by the military guy.  A couple of things about that.  I thought he would be more like Amy and when he pointed out the knee and watching him dance he can't get that flex because of his knee.  Even walking up the steps he had to walk straight legged.  Add on that I didn't even think about his guide arm being gone.  Sharna did a great job with the choreography.  Yes, I kept thinking about how much his balance must be affected without the arm.  Still didn't like the half a pants leg, it just looks akward and we all know he has a prosthesis. 

favorite dance...Rumer and Val.  I think Val really has a chance to win.  Bruce had no emotion after watching her dance.  It took awhile for him to smile but Demi was grinning and throwing kisses like crazy.  They were fabulous!  I think Bruce may have been in shock - LOL!  I can't believe how much she looks like Demi.

so who does every think will leave?  The model?

I thought Rumer was the only one who was really outstanding.  The scores were much lower than usual on the first night.  More in line with how I feel they really should be, but I feel like the level of talent is really low this season.  Hopefully some will improve and others will entertain.  If not, it could be a long season.

I did not care for Riker.  He seemed cocky.  I also didn't care for the small stage/floor and all the smoke and flashing light.

I loved Tony and Susanne having fun.

Mark seems to have really toned himself down with his young stars.  I think Derek did more mugging tonight that Mark.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Quoting pixie124:

So...first thoughts.

I am completely crushing on the guy from Shark Tank.  LOVE him!!!  He had me at his smile and to be honest I see potential in there.  He has the right lines and he is pointing his feet.  Plus he has that smile.  There doesn't seem to be a ton of talent here so I think he has a great chance to go far.  He was a great entertainer.

The football guy can really shake it in the backside but needs to work on his feet.  He is too flat footed.  Redfoo is the same way..minus the butt shaking.  He stomps a lot.  I see lots of opportunity for improvement with Michael (?) but not so much with Redfoo.  Did you feel like Michael's pants were too short?  It was driving me crazy.  haha

The bachelor needs to pull his butt and his stomach in.  Bruno and Julianne pointed that out.  His body looked misshaped because of how he hunched over.  I agree, but he seemed pretty relaxed and having fun so I think he may do better than I expected with this group of dancers.

The boob model.  I feel bad for that new dancer Keo.  I am not sure if he is going to stick around to get to round two.    But let's face it he was mugging for the camera the whole time.  This is catty but how the heck does her itty bitty legs hold her top half up.  She is honest about her top assets.  UGH, she was really, really bad and I still do not like Keo. 

i was amazed by the military guy.  A couple of things about that.  I thought he would be more like Amy and when he pointed out the knee and watching him dance he can't get that flex because of his knee.  Even walking up the steps he had to walk straight legged.  Add on that I didn't even think about his guide arm being gone.  Sharna did a great job with the choreography.  Yes, I kept thinking about how much his balance must be affected without the arm.  Still didn't like the half a pants leg, it just looks akward and we all know he has a prosthesis.  --You know, with the way his knee is I think he has to do the half pant leg.  I don't think there is a choice because there is no give or move in it.  I bet the pant would rip.

favorite dance...Rumer and Val.  I think Val really has a chance to win.  Bruce had no emotion after watching her dance.  It took awhile for him to smile but Demi was grinning and throwing kisses like crazy.  They were fabulous!  I think Bruce may have been in shock - LOL!  I can't believe how much she looks like Demi.  Yes, she does.  All the girls seem to look more like their mom.

I thought Rumer was the only one who was really outstanding.  The scores were much lower than usual on the first night.  More in line with how I feel they really should be, but I feel like the level of talent is really low this season.  Hopefully some will improve and others will entertain.  If not, it could be a long season.  I agree that the scores were much lower, which I think Len said something about.  And I think they should be lower...to often in the past they threw around such high numbers that first night there was no where to go.

I did not care for Riker.  He seemed cocky.  I also didn't care for the small stage/floor and all the smoke and flashing light.  For me all that stuff hid his flaws.  You couldn't see his legs all that well since there was smoke and people in the way.  I don't really care for him.

I loved Tony and Susanne having fun.  The outfit freaked my dd out.  LOL

Mark seems to have really toned himself down with his young stars.  I think Derek did more mugging tonight that Mark.  I agree...Mark has toned down quite a bit.  Which honestly he needed.  This actually makes him more likable to me.  Derek, I really didn't pay as much attention to him.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I switched over a few times and watched a couple of dances.  

I watched the military guy and was thrown by a few things.   I also didn't like the half pant leg, but I understand if it's more for function than to show off the fake leg.    I thought he actually had an advantage when it came to "man hands" because when he's in hold, his other hand isn't there (so he doesn't have to worry about what it's doing or not doing.   I hope that doesn't sound awful.    Guys usually have issues with the "flowing arm".    

I loved Rumer's dance.   She looked sleeker than I remember her (from a few movies).   I loved that her parents were both there rooting for her.    Bruce is going to catch a lot of flack for his resting bitch face when they first panned to him after the dance.   LOL.    

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I think boob girl might be going home. 

I am glad Chris did pretty ok,hope he stays for awhile.. Rumor was the best of the night, beautiful dance

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Eek.... DWTS Premiere hit ratings low. 

Not enough draw from who's on this season?

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Quoting pixie124:

The football guy can really shake it in the backside but needs to work on his feet.  He is too flat footed.  Redfoo is the same way..minus the butt shaking.  He stomps a lot.  I see lots of opportunity for improvement with Michael (?) but not so much with Redfoo.  Did you feel like Michael's pants were too short?  It was driving me crazy.  haha  I didn't notice his in particular, but I know I often think that about the guys pants on the show. 

i was amazed by the military guy.  A couple of things about that.  I thought he would be more like Amy and when he pointed out the knee and watching him dance he can't get that flex because of his knee.  Even walking up the steps he had to walk straight legged.  Add on that I didn't even think about his guide arm being gone.  Sharna did a great job with the choreography.  Yes, I kept thinking about how much his balance must be affected without the arm.  Still didn't like the half a pants leg, it just looks akward and we all know he has a prosthesis.  --You know, with the way his knee is I think he has to do the half pant leg.  I don't think there is a choice because there is no give or move in it.  I bet the pant would rip.  oh, maybe.  That would make more sense.

favorite dance...Rumer and Val.  I think Val really has a chance to win.  Bruce had no emotion after watching her dance.  It took awhile for him to smile but Demi was grinning and throwing kisses like crazy.  They were fabulous!  I think Bruce may have been in shock - LOL!  I can't believe how much she looks like Demi.  Yes, she does.  All the girls seem to look more like their mom.  They do.  I thought I caught a glimpse of one with a really short haircut that looked like Demi's GI Jane look.

I thought Rumer was the only one who was really outstanding.  The scores were much lower than usual on the first night.  More in line with how I feel they really should be, but I feel like the level of talent is really low this season.  Hopefully some will improve and others will entertain.  If not, it could be a long season.  I agree that the scores were much lower, which I think Len said something about.  And I think they should be lower...to often in the past they threw around such high numbers that first night there was no where to go.  I agree, I like it better that everyone has lots of room for improvement.

I did not care for Riker.  He seemed cocky.  I also didn't care for the small stage/floor and all the smoke and flashing light.  For me all that stuff hid his flaws.  You couldn't see his legs all that well since there was smoke and people in the way.  I don't really care for him.  Exactly! Hiding his mistakes.

I loved Tony and Susanne having fun.  The outfit freaked my dd out.  LOL

Mark seems to have really toned himself down with his young stars.  I think Derek did more mugging tonight that Mark.  I agree...Mark has toned down quite a bit.  Which honestly he needed.  This actually makes him more likable to me.  Derek, I really didn't pay as much attention to him.  I used to be a big Derek fan but even though he is a fabulous dancer and choreographer, I get annoyed with him now.  I feel like he takes a lot of liberties to make showstopping performances and it doesn't seem fair.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM

I just read that Kym and Robert might be dating!  Ooh Ahh

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Haha @ Resting Bitch Face.  I guess we are the only ones that saw it because I haven't heard anything about it on the radio!!  Which I will be honest shocks me, they are talking more about Demi.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I switched over a few times and watched a couple of dances.  

I watched the military guy and was thrown by a few things.   I also didn't like the half pant leg, but I understand if it's more for function than to show off the fake leg.    I thought he actually had an advantage when it came to "man hands" because when he's in hold, his other hand isn't there (so he doesn't have to worry about what it's doing or not doing.   I hope that doesn't sound awful.    Guys usually have issues with the "flowing arm".    

I loved Rumer's dance.   She looked sleeker than I remember her (from a few movies).   I loved that her parents were both there rooting for her.    Bruce is going to catch a lot of flack for his resting bitch face when they first panned to him after the dance.   LOL.    

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 19, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I agree, I think it's going to be Boob girl.

Quoting reptilequeen:

I think boob girl might be going home. 

I am glad Chris did pretty ok,hope he stays for awhile.. Rumor was the best of the night, beautiful dance

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 19, 2015 at 9:06 PM

I think you nailed it...the group of "stars" is just not drawing people in.  I love dancing, all kinds of dancing, but I feel like this show has run it's course.  Unless they can get more names to dance it's just going down hill.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Eek.... DWTS Premiere hit ratings low. 

Not enough draw from who's on this season?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)