Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Survivor(10/7)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:14 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-31-episode-3

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:21 AM

We were running behind and kind of had some issues with people being loud and distracting so I missed HOW the heck did PG get voted out??  I thought they were going after Varner and then all of the sudden it was PG.  Color me surprised.  I know I missed something.

And can I say...when it comes to Varner, he needs to shut his trap.  WTH was he doing at the competition??  Was he trying to make friends with people??  It's now obvious to EVERYONE that he can't keep a secret and that he likes to shake hands with everyone.  He is such a loose cannon...I wouldn't want to be in his alliance.  Plus the other tribes have to be thanking the lord to not be on his tribe.

Still can't stand Abi and it sucks because I bet she stays around for awhile.

Oh and WHY can't Woo get put on a good tribe?!?!

Anyway...I didn't get any points.  I wasn't expecting that at all.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Quoting pixie124:

We were running behind and kind of had some issues with people being loud and distracting so I missed HOW the heck did PG get voted out??  I thought they were going after Varner and then all of the sudden it was PG.  Color me surprised.  I know I missed something.

It was Varner, but then the fight between PG and Abi really came to light so it was one or the other.   I think Tasha and Savage decided to keep Abi over PG just because they wanted to keep the strength of the tribe.   I still think Abi and Varner are in trouble with the tribe, though.   Woo might be upset now, but they might be able to explain that the needed the strength over PG.

And can I say...when it comes to Varner, he needs to shut his trap.  WTH was he doing at the competition??  Was he trying to make friends with people??  It's now obvious to EVERYONE that he can't keep a secret and that he likes to shake hands with everyone.  He is such a loose cannon...I wouldn't want to be in his alliance.  Plus the other tribes have to be thanking the lord to not be on his tribe.

That was awful and I *loved* that Tasha called him out and then I loved that Jeff Probst pointed it out to ALL the contestants.   He has shown he can't be trusted.

Still can't stand Abi and it sucks because I bet she stays around for awhile.

Oh and WHY can't Woo get put on a good tribe?!?!

Woo seems to have trouble finding people he can TRULY trust and who he can really make a good alliance with.   That said, it's like feeling sorry for Tasha for being in this spot again, but she takes strength from it and I applaud that.

Anyway...I didn't get any points.  I wasn't expecting that at all.

Zero points for me!    Well wait, maybe 5.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

One other thing to comment on, was that I thought it SUCKED that the new tribe had to start all over.  It's bad enough to shake things up.   It's bad enough that some have to go to a different beach.   But to start all over from scratch just from a buff pick?   Ugh.

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Quoting pixie124:

We were running behind and kind of had some issues with people being loud and distracting so I missed HOW the heck did PG get voted out??  I thought they were going after Varner and then all of the sudden it was PG.  Color me surprised.  I know I missed something. I think it was because she was fighting with Abi. I was surprised also. I think Savage and Tasha figured they could get Abi to vote with them in the future then PG.

And can I say...when it comes to Varner, he needs to shut his trap.  WTH was he doing at the competition??  Was he trying to make friends with people??  It's now obvious to EVERYONE that he can't keep a secret and that he likes to shake hands with everyone.  He is such a loose cannon...I wouldn't want to be in his alliance.  Plus the other tribes have to be thanking the lord to not be on his tribe. I missed what he said. I saw Tasha say something then missed it. Even when Jeff brought it up I didn't understand what was going on.

Still can't stand Abi and it sucks because I bet she stays around for awhile. Same here.

Oh and WHY can't Woo get put on a good tribe?!?! I'm hoping he will team up with Savage and Tasha now.  

Anyway...I didn't get any points.  I wasn't expecting that at all. I put most of my points on Abi. I didn't know who else to put points on so I did 5 on the other players I didn't like. I got 5 for PG and 5 for winning tribe.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Quoting cubbies23:

Quoting pixie124:

We were running behind and kind of had some issues with people being loud and distracting so I missed HOW the heck did PG get voted out??  I thought they were going after Varner and then all of the sudden it was PG.  Color me surprised.  I know I missed something. I think it was because she was fighting with Abi. I was surprised also. I think Savage and Tasha figured they could get Abi to vote with them in the future then PG.   Oh okay, so I saw it that Abi was a stronger competitor, but you're right that maybe they figured PG was a smarter, more strategic player who'd stab them in the back later on (which she would have).

And can I say...when it comes to Varner, he needs to shut his trap.  WTH was he doing at the competition??  Was he trying to make friends with people??  It's now obvious to EVERYONE that he can't keep a secret and that he likes to shake hands with everyone.  He is such a loose cannon...I wouldn't want to be in his alliance.  Plus the other tribes have to be thanking the lord to not be on his tribe. I missed what he said. I saw Tasha say something then missed it. Even when Jeff brought it up I didn't understand what was going on.  He was trying to talk to Kelly Wigglesworth and it looked/sounded like something to do with a merge?  I'm not sure.   Bottom line, is he got caught trying to fraternize with the "enemy" and should have just waited.    He's a wild card.

Oh and WHY can't Woo get put on a good tribe?!?! I'm hoping he will team up with Savage and Tasha now.    Fingers crossed that he can trust them again and will team with them.   I think Savage and Tasha make a great duo if they can keep their wits (well Savage anyway).

Anyway...I didn't get any points.  I wasn't expecting that at all. I put most of my points on Abi. I didn't know who else to put points on so I did 5 on the other players I didn't like. I got 5 for PG and 5 for winning tribe.  I was trying to guess who'd be annoying and/or threatening when they did the switch up.  PG didn't fit either category.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Okay so the recapper on ew.com wrote this about Woo.... (after pleading with someone, anyone to make an alliance with him).

"Woo looks like that dog that keeps waiting at the train station for his dead owner to come back from work in some weepy Richard Gere movie". 

Aww.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

The recapper says that Jeff Varner was mouthing "Kimmi and Monica" to Kelly Wigglesworth after the challenge.   The recapper thinks Jeff was trying to tell Kelly to work with them because Kimmi was on Jeff's season and Monica could be on the outer ring of the old Bayon alliance.

Quoting pixie124:

A recap if you need one...

http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-31-episode-3

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you seen the movie he was talking about Hachi: A Dog's Tale? I tear up every time I read or hear someone talking about it.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Okay so the recapper on ew.com wrote this about Woo.... (after pleading with someone, anyone to make an alliance with him).

"Woo looks like that dog that keeps waiting at the train station for his dead owner to come back from work in some weepy Richard Gere movie". 

Aww.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:36 AM

I haven't seen it, but I knew which movie was being referred to. 

Poor Woo!

Quoting cubbies23: Have you seen the movie he was talking about Hachi: A Dog's Tale? I tear up every time I read or hear someone talking about it.
Quoting LisaLoopner:

Aww.

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I would have preferred they had a challenge right then and the losing tribe got the worse beach and the winning tribe got to pick their beach.  

Quoting LisaLoopner:

One other thing to comment on, was that I thought it SUCKED that the new tribe had to start all over.  It's bad enough to shake things up.   It's bad enough that some have to go to a different beach.   But to start all over from scratch just from a buff pick?   Ugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)