Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHS: Hotel(10/28)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/american-horror-story-hotel-recap-devils-night/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM

If it's okay, I'll be chatting about the 10/21 episode in this thread since we didn't have a thread last week.   Right now, I'm TOTALLY amused with how bad ass Angela Bassett looked like as a 70s store.   LOL

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Oh wow.... Donovan's mother tried to kill herself (well Sally did it) and then Donovan brought her back?  Hmm.

I like the back story stuff with March, but so much of this show seems disjointed to me.   Then we have the cop's wife.  Then we have the guy who owns the hotel.   Then the Countess stuff.   Then the jilted lady (Angela Bassett).   Then Tristan Duffy.   Oh and Sally... Sally & the cop in the elevator.  It's just all over the place and I know it'll all come together but I feel like it's coming from too many directions still. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Okay so 10/28 episode. 

Part of me enjoyed all of the serial killers and part of me was annoyed because it wasn't really pushing the storyline forward?   I was trying to explain it to DH and it was like well there's this guy March and all these killers, then there's the Countess and her blood virus.   It made me realize that it just doesn't all seem to go together (as in it's like two different shows at times).

I was surprised that the Countess let Holden leave with the mother.  I knew he was going to "eat" the dog, too.   She just left him alone?  After all she's been through, she took her eyes off of him?   

I can't figure out WHY the Countess would want to turn the mother?   Does she need a bigger tribe or something?  LOL

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM

She reminds me of Jackie Brown...I am pretty sure that was the look they were going for but if not they should have been.  She really does a good job in that role.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

If it's okay, I'll be chatting about the 10/21 episode in this thread since we didn't have a thread last week.   Right now, I'm TOTALLY amused with how bad ass Angela Bassett looked like as a 70s store.   LOL

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh wow.... Donovan's mother tried to kill herself (well Sally did it) and then Donovan brought her back?  Hmm.  --It's interesting how she is such the devoted smothering mother and how much he hates her for it.  An addict and his/her mother.  Kind of reminds me of how my IL's are with my BIL.

I like the back story stuff with March, but so much of this show seems disjointed to me.   Then we have the cop's wife.  Then we have the guy who owns the hotel.   Then the Countess stuff.   Then the jilted lady (Angela Bassett).   Then Tristan Duffy.   Oh and Sally... Sally & the cop in the elevator.  It's just all over the place and I know it'll all come together but I feel like it's coming from too many directions still.  --I agree, it does feel a little disjointed in spots.  I can already see where some of the things are going to combine but not all of them.  The Countess appears to be the center of it all since I think she is March's wife.  The cop with Sally and then later on with Eileen(Florida seriel killer) really has me questioning if that guy should be a cop, he sure likes to pick losers LOL.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Okay so 10/28 episode. 

Part of me enjoyed all of the serial killers and part of me was annoyed because it wasn't really pushing the storyline forward?   I was trying to explain it to DH and it was like well there's this guy March and all these killers, then there's the Countess and her blood virus.   It made me realize that it just doesn't all seem to go together (as in it's like two different shows at times).  --I liked the serial killer storyline.  The only one I didn't know was the Night Stalker.  I think this story was meant as their Halloween special so the storyline didn't really completely go with the rest of the story.  It was meant to be a story on it's own.  I do find it interesting that when Sally came and got John he didn't see the serial killers anymore but when we see the scene behind him they are still there.  I am not sure how that works.  Did they decide to hide themselves from John so he thought it was a hallucination?

I was surprised that the Countess let Holden leave with the mother.  I knew he was going to "eat" the dog, too.   She just left him alone?  After all she's been through, she took her eyes off of him?   --At first I was suprised that she let them leave(because we know that the mother couldn't have stolen him without the Countess knowing) but I came to the conclusion that the Countess wants her for some reason.  I almost think she has wanted them(the whole family) from the beginning.  It was like stealing Holden was the start of taking the whole family and that is why the police officer guy got phone calls(to bring them to the hotel to by chance meet their son)  Once I saw the dog, I knew it was a goner.  Happy they didn't overly show us that part.

I can't figure out WHY the Countess would want to turn the mother?   Does she need a bigger tribe or something?  LOL  --She said that she could feel Holden calling for her so I am wondering if she did it for Holden to make the family complete.  Or maybe this was the plan from  the get go...she had been stalking the family and wanted a cop and a doctor in her family group.  I was actually surprised to see that the mother goes back to being a doctor next week.  And what about the daughter...will she attack her??

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:14 PM

A couple of other things...

I really enjoyed Mare Winningham's story.  But it does bring up a question...did she know that March was crazy before her son went missing??  Or did she find that out after she lost her son??  And how could she allow March to do those things after what happened to her son??  Was she that off her rocker??  I guess in those final few moments talking to John it would appear that she is completely off her rocker.

I liked seeing John in the Police Office and piecing things together.

It drives me crazy that he picks such skanky women to run off with.  Come of John...you are Hot, why would you pick such gross chicks?!?!

I am very curious about Liz's story...why is she there?

Oh and why does Sally have to bring March someone so she gets left alone for a year?  When she picked that guy up I thought for sure we would see the guy with the metal fun stick come out.  LOL

Speaking of the guy with the metal fun stick...I am also curious about his backstory.

Editing to add...Wow...Gaga talked more this week.  shrugging

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~!   That's exactly who she reminded me of, it just didn't come to me until you said it.   LOL

Quoting pixie124:

She reminds me of Jackie Brown...I am pretty sure that was the look they were going for but if not they should have been.  She really does a good job in that role.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh wow.... Donovan's mother tried to kill herself (well Sally did it) and then Donovan brought her back?  Hmm.  --It's interesting how she is such the devoted smothering mother and how much he hates her for it.  An addict and his/her mother.  Kind of reminds me of how my IL's are with my BIL.  RIGHT?!  So much enabling!   I was curious why the dad was supposed to be so bad, though.

I like the back story stuff with March, but so much of this show seems disjointed to me.   Then we have the cop's wife.  Then we have the guy who owns the hotel.   Then the Countess stuff.   Then the jilted lady (Angela Bassett).   Then Tristan Duffy.   Oh and Sally... Sally & the cop in the elevator.  It's just all over the place and I know it'll all come together but I feel like it's coming from too many directions still.  --I agree, it does feel a little disjointed in spots.  I can already see where some of the things are going to combine but not all of them.  The Countess appears to be the center of it all since I think she is March's wife.  The cop with Sally and then later on with Eileen(Florida seriel killer) really has me questioning if that guy should be a cop, he sure likes to pick losers LOL.  He is seriously losing his mind.   So the one recap said something about how HE could be the 10 Commandments killer (Blackouts?) and that's why March invited him to dinner?  

ejkdmom
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM

I'm not enjoying this season.  I too find it disjointed and not in a good way.  The serial killer thing was overdone and I don't think it added to the season.  It may figure in later, but I am not happy :(

I feel that AHS is always best enjoyed as a whole and while specific episodes may not be great, the season arc is awesome, but 4 episodes in I am not excited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)