Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleepy Hollow 2/5

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

We were so excited for this show's return last night.  My husband, oldest son and I all watched it together.

One thing we all felt - it was missing Abbie.  I get why they did it that way, but after such a long break, the show felt empty without Abbie.

I can say that the ratings were good and "up" from their fall ratings (which will be helpful to get a season 4 renewal!!).

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Okay so it took until the very end of the show to see where Abbie was and I'm so curious now.   This means I'm excited for next week.   I sort of wish that they had intertwined where Abbie is and the other stuff going on in the episode, but then I know that we were supposed to think that creepy chick was Abbie trying to reach out to Ichabod.  

I'm going to skip around and discuss the Betsy Ross stuff.   I see the correlation, but I was really bored with this stuff and I hope this isn't something they continue into next season.    Do you guys like this part of the show?   I also got the shivers when they said it was okay to let Nathan Hale die because losing 1 for the whole of the cause is okay.   If that's foreshadowing, then I'm not happy.

Pandora and The Hidden One also annoyed me and didn't hold my attention.   I know they are integral into what's coming though (all the demons showing up in Sleepy Hollow - like this is a new concept?  LOL).

I was "okay" with Sophie (FBI chick) being involved in the "mirror lady" stuff, but I thought Ichabod brought her into the "inner circle" too quickly and easily?  Anyone else worried about this development?  Will she betray them at some point?  Hmm.

So the mirror woman was going for someone else who was pining for Abbie.  Did anyone else think that she would have headed for Jenny who wanted her sister back pretty badly?   I guess they want us to think that Daniel (main FBI guy) really has it bad for Abbie.  

I liked the Jenny and Joe stuff.  I was happy to see he could handle himself and I liked that they finally moved on with their feelings for each other. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

We were so excited for this show's return last night.  My husband, oldest son and I all watched it together.

tvschiulaz
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:48 PM

I enjoyed everything about last night's episode.  Finding abbie is this season's focus and I love the chemistry between the new girl and Crane.  The mirror episode and that thing that came out with him scared the crap out of me!  The Jenny angle is where I got bored to be honest with you.  As for Pandora and her demon, they annoy me as well.  I dislike the actors.

As for the Betsy Ross angle, I enjoy the historical part and how it intertwines with the battle of evil.  I like history and I am fascinated with the occult - best of both worlds for me.

Until next Friday!

Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Good epsiode the next week. They are showing Abby. Which is good

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 8, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Quoting tvschiulaz:

I enjoyed everything about last night's episode.  Finding abbie is this season's focus and I love the chemistry between the new girl and Crane. --I also enjoyed the chemistry between the new girl and Crane.  It was a nice break from Crane and Abbie all the time.  I wouldn't mind if they kept the new girl around for awhile.The mirror episode and that thing that came out with him scared the crap out of me!  The Jenny angle is where I got bored to be honest with you. --I also felt this way with Jenny's part.  Wish it could be a little bit more interesting.   As for Pandora and her demon, they annoy me as well.  I dislike the actors. --I like Pandora but the demon is kind of annoying.  I have always liked the actress that plays Pandora...from her days in daytime tv.  lol

As for the Betsy Ross angle, I enjoy the historical part and how it intertwines with the battle of evil.  I like history and I am fascinated with the occult - best of both worlds for me. --I also like Betsy Ross...which most people hate her.  I had given up on anyone else liking her. lol   I sometimes wonder if people dislike her because she is in the way of Crane and Abbie??

Until next Friday!

Kel13lighthouse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2016 at 8:44 AM

We finally watched this last evening. I enjoyed the show, minus Pandora and her husband. I wish they did an entire show in the 1700's as that's my favorite part of the series. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Maybe that's the disconnect for me - that they don't show the 1700s enough?  I don't know.  I also think I have some weird "dislike" for the girl playing Betsy Ross (Nikki Reed).  

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

We finally watched this last evening. I enjoyed the show, minus Pandora and her husband. I wish they did an entire show in the 1700's as that's my favorite part of the series. 

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2016 at 8:50 AM
I don't remember the new girl, when was she brought on?
That mirror creature was creepy.
It was a good episode and I got to follow it with a good Grimm episode. Best Friday night in a while LOL.
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM

She was around in the fall portion of this season.  She seemed to be working with the bad guys, but then it was revealed that she was an FBI agent and on their side.    

Quoting LadyAmaranth: I don't remember the new girl, when was she brought on? That mirror creature was creepy. It was a good episode and I got to follow it with a good Grimm episode. Best Friday night in a while LOL.

RonaH
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2016 at 9:10 AM

I felt the same it would have been nice to intertwine where Abby was and what they were doing to get her back. But next weeks promises to be good.I am not sure about the FBI girl yet. It was a little too fast for me.

I wish they would just make Betsy Ross a part of the main team. I think that would be way more intresting!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Okay so it took until the very end of the show to see where Abbie was and I'm so curious now.   This means I'm excited for next week.   I sort of wish that they had intertwined where Abbie is and the other stuff going on in the episode, but then I know that we were supposed to think that creepy chick was Abbie trying to reach out to Ichabod.  

I'm going to skip around and discuss the Betsy Ross stuff.   I see the correlation, but I was really bored with this stuff and I hope this isn't something they continue into next season.    Do you guys like this part of the show?   I also got the shivers when they said it was okay to let Nathan Hale die because losing 1 for the whole of the cause is okay.   If that's foreshadowing, then I'm not happy.

Pandora and The Hidden One also annoyed me and didn't hold my attention.   I know they are integral into what's coming though (all the demons showing up in Sleepy Hollow - like this is a new concept?  LOL).

I was "okay" with Sophie (FBI chick) being involved in the "mirror lady" stuff, but I thought Ichabod brought her into the "inner circle" too quickly and easily?  Anyone else worried about this development?  Will she betray them at some point?  Hmm.

So the mirror woman was going for someone else who was pining for Abbie.  Did anyone else think that she would have headed for Jenny who wanted her sister back pretty badly?   I guess they want us to think that Daniel (main FBI guy) really has it bad for Abbie.  

I liked the Jenny and Joe stuff.  I was happy to see he could handle himself and I liked that they finally moved on with their feelings for each other. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM

I am wondering if they'll bring the FBI girl in so that we like her, then she'll be the one who dies this season so that they don't kill off someone more integral?  Is it awful to think that way?

If Betsy could show up in present time?  That would be so cool.

Quoting RonaH:

I felt the same it would have been nice to intertwine where Abby was and what they were doing to get her back. But next weeks promises to be good.I am not sure about the FBI girl yet. It was a little too fast for me.

I wish they would just make Betsy Ross a part of the main team. I think that would be way more intresting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)