Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HTGAWM(3/10)

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://tvline.com/2016/03/10/how-to-get-away-with-murder-recap-season-2-episode-14-annalise-baby-dies/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:49 AM

This episode left me teary eyed.  Around the time I had my first baby...someone I grew up with had their 3rd and it was a stillbirth.  I didn't go to the funeral because I wasn't near by but my parents went to the small family funeral where they all held the little baby girl.  I still cry about that and that was 19 years ago....so you can image how much Annalise holding her baby boy made me cry.

My big complaint about last night and this second half is how much the cast mates have bedhopped.  Now we have Michaela and Asher(and how did I get from the previews that it looked like Asher and Oliver hooked up...must have been the angle that I was watching it at).  Laurel and Wes' possible relationship bothers me.   And I really hope that they are not planning to have Frank and Bonnie hook-up. 

I find it interesting that Oliver quit his job.  Does this mean that next season he will be working for Annalise and be around more often?

I had read an article yesterday that the writers said this could be a season finale....I am happy it wasn't.  Something about all the bedhopping is bothering me.

How about you guys, what did you think?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Quoting pixie124:

This episode left me teary eyed.  Around the time I had my first baby...someone I grew up with had their 3rd and it was a stillbirth.  I didn't go to the funeral because I wasn't near by but my parents went to the small family funeral where they all held the little baby girl.  I still cry about that and that was 19 years ago....so you can image how much Annalise holding her baby boy made me cry.

I'm confused, did Annalise tell Wes about her baby or did they just show it in flashbacks for us to see?   I was very upset through that whole thing.   It's interesting to find out more about Annalise and it explains what makes her tick (to some point).   She's truly a tragic, yet brought a lot on herself kind of character.  

By the way, a friend of mine had a stillborn and when she explained that she got to hold the baby, say goodbye, etc...  Wow, that wrecked me.   I just could not even remotely imagine.  

My big complaint about last night and this second half is how much the cast mates have bedhopped.  Now we have Michaela and Asher(and how did I get from the previews that it looked like Asher and Oliver hooked up...must have been the angle that I was watching it at).  Laurel and Wes' possible relationship bothers me.   And I really hope that they are not planning to have Frank and Bonnie hook-up. 

Yes - I wasn't crazy about Micaela and Asher at all.  I could see how it happened with all the craziness going on, the alcohol, etc... but it irked me, too.   I hope that Bonnie and Frank aren't getting together.  Also, I feel like I missed something, so I don't really care about Laurel & Wes.  It never seemed more than friendship, to me.

I find it interesting that Oliver quit his job.  Does this mean that next season he will be working for Annalise and be around more often?

I like his character.  I was curious about this, too.   It does free him up to get more involved in all the shenanigans.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Okay so Philip was in Wes's apartment, attacked Annalise, she got away and then what????   Do we know why he was even in that apartment in the first place?   I felt like that was just an afterthought and it drove me nuts.   

I definitely think it's interesting that Wes is Mahoney's kid.   That adds a level of intriue and that could prove to be a really cool storyline.  I wonder if Wes is going to want to kill him or bankrupt him?  

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM

One more thing..... whenever they show "Sam" in flashbacks, it makes me wish he was still on the show.   The chemistry between Sam and Annalise is pretty cool and he could have been a really interesting character.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM

I am still trying to figure out how everything is always Annalise's fault. They come to her for help for crimes they have committed and when it doesn't work how they want or planned it's always "this is your fault" to Annalise. I am not saying Annalise is an angel, but so far, I haven't seen her kill anyone yet. I do understand her feeling responsible to protect Wes but the others...

I am so happy Bonnie is the one who figure out that Frank killed Lila for Sam. Maybe the "kids" didn't realize that Frank also had a relationship with him outside of Annalise so to speak. I saw that when Sam was alive and it was just reinforced when Annalise yelled at home about Sam giving him a job and getting him out of the gutter.... Still... Sam had the most to gain from Lila's death. She was pregnant and had an affair with him. I didn't think the fact she was pregnant was a secret just no one knew for sure who the dad was.

At this point, I am really hoping they tie up the Caleb/Phillip case. It also makes me wonder is Caleb the one really working with Phillip? I wonder why he was in Wes' apartment? I may have to rewatch but I thought Phillip said he didn't want to hurt her? But then him hiding under the bed kind of contradicts that.

Does anyone else thing that Mahoney staged the car accident? That he was trying to kill Annalise because she figured out his demons so to speak? That scene in the hospital was so heartbreaking, I was in tears too. I am glad she told Wes, the truth but I still think there is more information. Like how exactly did she protect Wes from him?

Asher and Michaela? I am really at a loss for works. I wasn't expecting that, but I can't say I am surprised. And Laurel? She is quickly becoming one of my least favorite Keating 5. Her drunk ranting, messing with Wes, it's hard to say what's up with her lately. 

No one has mentioned it yet, as Laurel told Annalise that Frank killed Lila. I am guessing, everyone assumed she already knew? 

I can't remember what Oliver even did? I wonder why he quit too. I am not sure if he could be trusted with the Keating 5 shenanigans. When Laurel "tested" him, he was gung ho about going to the police.  

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am so happy Bonnie is the one who figure out that Frank killed Lila for Sam. Maybe the "kids" didn't realize that Frank also had a relationship with him outside of Annalise so to speak. I saw that when Sam was alive and it was just reinforced when Annalise yelled at home about Sam giving him a job and getting him out of the gutter.... Still... Sam had the most to gain from Lila's death. She was pregnant and had an affair with him. I didn't think the fact she was pregnant was a secret just no one knew for sure who the dad was.  You're right, it was interesting to learn about the past with Sam & Frank.  Sometimes, I think they throw that info at us so fast that it takes too long for me to digest it and then they're onto something else.

Does anyone else thing that Mahoney staged the car accident? That he was trying to kill Annalise because she figured out his demons so to speak? That scene in the hospital was so heartbreaking, I was in tears too. I am glad she told Wes, the truth but I still think there is more information. Like how exactly did she protect Wes from him?   Hmm - good thinking that maybe Mahoney staged that accident.  He was very angry when Annalise figured out he raped Wes's mom.   I agree that there's more info.

No one has mentioned it yet, as Laurel told Annalise that Frank killed Lila. I am guessing, everyone assumed she already knew?   Ohhhhhh, you're onto something that Annalise never knew who killed Lila?   But wouldn't she have needed and wanted to know?  Hmm.  

I can't remember what Oliver even did? I wonder why he quit too. I am not sure if he could be trusted with the Keating 5 shenanigans. When Laurel "tested" him, he was gung ho about going to the police.   I can't remember when Oliver does for a living either.   LOL

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

I'm confused, did Annalise tell Wes about her baby or did they just show it in flashbacks for us to see?   I was very upset through that whole thing.   It's interesting to find out more about Annalise and it explains what makes her tick (to some point).   She's truly a tragic, yet brought a lot on herself kind of character.  --no, she wasn't telling him her flashbacks.  She was telling him the story she thought he needed to hear, that it was all her fault but she was remembering what happened to her at that time.

By the way, a friend of mine had a stillborn and when she explained that she got to hold the baby, say goodbye, etc...  Wow, that wrecked me.   I just could not even remotely imagine.  --It's really hard to think about.  They say it helps with the healing process.  I am sure it might but it would be so rough.

Yes - I wasn't crazy about Micaela and Asher at all.  I could see how it happened with all the craziness going on, the alcohol, etc... but it irked me, too.   I hope that Bonnie and Frank aren't getting together.  Also, I feel like I missed something, so I don't really care about Laurel & Wes.  It never seemed more than friendship, to me.  --I do not get Laurel and Wes at all.

I like his character.  I was curious about this, too.   It does free him up to get more involved in all the shenanigans. --I love Oliver!!!!

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Okay so Philip was in Wes's apartment, attacked Annalise, she got away and then what????   Do we know why he was even in that apartment in the first place?   I felt like that was just an afterthought and it drove me nuts.   ---I am completely confused with what happened here.  I think this is something that will be explained next week.

I definitely think it's interesting that Wes is Mahoney's kid.   That adds a level of intriue and that could prove to be a really cool storyline.  I wonder if Wes is going to want to kill him or bankrupt him?  --I sure hope his mind doesn't just go straight to murder.  I think it would be interesting if he got Oliver into bankrupting him.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM

I miss the Sam that wasn't all over Layla.  I do hope he comes back in more flashbacks tho.  I like this Sam better.  It might even show how their relationship disintegrated.

I saw that Viola Davis was on Kimmel.  I guess that sex scene between she and the cop(the one where he threw her up against the wall) was so intense that she whacked her back out of place and there was six people holding up the fake wall.  Lol

Quoting LisaLoopner:

One more thing..... whenever they show "Sam" in flashbacks, it makes me wish he was still on the show.   The chemistry between Sam and Annalise is pretty cool and he could have been a really interesting character.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM

T

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am still trying to figure out how everything is always Annalise's fault. They come to her for help for crimes they have committed and when it doesn't work how they want or planned it's always "this is your fault" to Annalise. I am not saying Annalise is an angel, but so far, I haven't seen her kill anyone yet. I do understand her feeling responsible to protect Wes but the others...---I think she just feels responsible for them.  Kind of like a mother duck protecting her ducklings.  I do think she feels more responsible for Bonnie and Wes tho.I am so happy Bonnie is the one who figure out that Frank killed Lila for Sam. Maybe the "kids" didn't realize that Frank also had a relationship with him outside of Annalise so to speak. I saw that when Sam was alive and it was just reinforced when Annalise yelled at home about Sam giving him a job and getting him out of the gutter.... Still... Sam had the most to gain from Lila's death. She was pregnant and had an affair with him. I didn't think the fact she was pregnant was a secret just no one knew for sure who the dad was. At this point, I am really hoping they tie up the Caleb/Phillip case. It also makes me wonder is Caleb the one really working with Phillip? ---I didn't even consider Caleb and Phillip working together.  I do agree that it doesn't make sense that he(Phillip) didn't want to hurt her but yet he was hiding and grabbed at her. I wonder why he was in Wes' apartment? I may have to rewatch but I thought Phillip said he didn't want to hurt her? But then him hiding under the bed kind of contradicts that. Does anyone else thing that Mahoney staged the car accident? That he was trying to kill Annalise because she figured out his demons so to speak? --I kind of wondered that too.  That scene in the hospital was so heartbreaking, I was in tears too. I am glad she told Wes, the truth but I still think there is more information. Like how exactly did she protect Wes from him? Asher and Michaela? I am really at a loss for works. I wasn't expecting that, but I can't say I am surprised. And Laurel? She is quickly becoming one of my least favorite Keating 5. Her drunk ranting, messing with Wes, it's hard to say what's up with her lately. No one has mentioned it yet, as Laurel told Annalise that Frank killed Lila. I am guessing, everyone assumed she already knew? --yeah, I think this is why Annalise runs to her mom.  Between remembering the baby and finding out what Sam had Frank do it just put her over the edge.  I can't remember what Oliver even did? I wonder why he quit too. I am not sure if he could be trusted with the Keating 5 shenanigans. When Laurel "tested" him, he was gung ho about going to the police.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)