Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway: All Stars(3/10)

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.ew.com/recap/project-runway-all-stars-season-5-episode-5

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM

So when they were going down the row to talk to the top and bottom looks and there was Dom and Kini left my first thought was WTH!!!!  I thought one of them was in the bottom and excuse me...they shouldn't be.  I was relieved when Alyssa said there were 4 top looks.

I was shocked by Mitchell.  Maybe he should have to design for men because he actually did a great job(and it sounds like next week he goes downhill again).

Emily's look was awesome.  I liked the whole look and the woman really did look like Twiggy and she kind of went with that.  I am happy she won.  I think she deserved it.

Sam and Valerie....both looks sucked.  I get that they(the judges) kind of held on to both of them because they had been in the top so often but they can't have favorites all the time like that.  And I don't think it was because Sam flirted with them...I think it's because they think that Sam and Valerie should be in the finale or at least make it close to the finale.  They should have seriously let someone go and not saved anyone this week.

The recapper said that he/she didn't understand why they were so mad at Sam and was it deserved.  I think most of their outrage at Sam comes from the fact that Kini did most of his look when they were teamed together and also the fact that he and that guy flirted so much the week before.  I would probably resent Sam too if I was part of this group.  It would feel like he is the golden child and can do no wrong.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM

Quoting pixie124:

So when they were going down the row to talk to the top and bottom looks and there was Dom and Kini left my first thought was WTH!!!!  I thought one of them was in the bottom and excuse me...they shouldn't be.  I was relieved when Alyssa said there were 4 top looks.  I was also really confused and was relieved that there were 4 top designs.  I think there were other outfits that were really good, too.   I wanted to hear more about Ken's look (to be honest) because he's the only one who did the androgynous thing and it looked really cool.

I was shocked by Mitchell.  Maybe he should have to design for men because he actually did a great job(and it sounds like next week he goes downhill again).  Agreed and even hearing the other designers say that they liked his look was pretty cool.   Mitchell showed why he was picked for all-stars and he needs to do more like this.

Emily's look was awesome.  I liked the whole look and the woman really did look like Twiggy and she kind of went with that.  I am happy she won.  I think she deserved it.   I don't love everything she makes, but this was really good and it was the only one that didn't have a little bit of negative critique.  If Kini's jacket had fit right, I think he'd have finally won.

Sam and Valerie....both looks sucked.  I get that they(the judges) kind of held on to both of them because they had been in the top so often but they can't have favorites all the time like that.  And I don't think it was because Sam flirted with them...I think it's because they think that Sam and Valerie should be in the finale or at least make it close to the finale.  They should have seriously let someone go and not saved anyone this week.    The thing is that Valerie's was too much but at least there was something there where as Sam's look was AWFUL and so amateur.   If I was one of the other designers, I'd be pissed that once again no one went home.   

The recapper said that he/she didn't understand why they were so mad at Sam and was it deserved.  I think most of their outrage at Sam comes from the fact that Kini did most of his look when they were teamed together and also the fact that he and that guy flirted so much the week before.  I would probably resent Sam too if I was part of this group.  It would feel like he is the golden child and can do no wrong.    I agree with the other designers saying it wasn't fair because Fade and Stella weren't given that same consideration.   The judges are to blame here.   There's still resentment over him getting all that flattery for the outfit that Kini made.    Sam is someone who can dish it out, but can't take it, so I didn't have any sympathy for him.   I do not want him to win.   Nope.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM

My DVR keeps picking up these extra episodes of Project Runway where they discuss how the designers got here and a bunch of other things.  Have you noticed these extra episodes?  They're showing up as "new" episodes.   I just keep deleting them because I don't have time to watch another episode and it makes me wish they just made the regular episodes 90 minutes again.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

So when they were going down the row to talk to the top and bottom looks and there was Dom and Kini left my first thought was WTH!!!!  I thought one of them was in the bottom and excuse me...they shouldn't be.  I was relieved when Alyssa said there were 4 top looks.  I was also really confused and was relieved that there were 4 top designs.  I think there were other outfits that were really good, too.   I wanted to hear more about Ken's look (to be honest) because he's the only one who did the androgynous thing and it looked really cool. --Ken was lucky with who he got.  Keely thought he looked like a stoner so anything would go.  

I was shocked by Mitchell.  Maybe he should have to design for men because he actually did a great job(and it sounds like next week he goes downhill again).  Agreed and even hearing the other designers say that they liked his look was pretty cool.   Mitchell showed why he was picked for all-stars and he needs to do more like this. ---I agree.  Wish he would take this pat onthe back and look at when he tries to dress the woman way to over the top.

Emily's look was awesome.  I liked the whole look and the woman really did look like Twiggy and she kind of went with that.  I am happy she won.  I think she deserved it.   I don't love everything she makes, but this was really good and it was the only one that didn't have a little bit of negative critique.  If Kini's jacket had fit right, I think he'd have finally won.  --I don't know.  I think Emily would have still won.  Issac just really didn't like the jacket at all.  I don't think it mattered if it would have fit better or not.  And really that was how Kini wanted it to fit, he was just worried the client would tell them it was uncomfortable if she put it on.

Sam and Valerie....both looks sucked.  I get that they(the judges) kind of held on to both of them because they had been in the top so often but they can't have favorites all the time like that.  And I don't think it was because Sam flirted with them...I think it's because they think that Sam and Valerie should be in the finale or at least make it close to the finale.  They should have seriously let someone go and not saved anyone this week.    The thing is that Valerie's was too much but at least there was something there where as Sam's look was AWFUL and so amateur.   If I was one of the other designers, I'd be pissed that once again no one went home.   

The recapper said that he/she didn't understand why they were so mad at Sam and was it deserved.  I think most of their outrage at Sam comes from the fact that Kini did most of his look when they were teamed together and also the fact that he and that guy flirted so much the week before.  I would probably resent Sam too if I was part of this group.  It would feel like he is the golden child and can do no wrong.    I agree with the other designers saying it wasn't fair because Fade and Stella weren't given that same consideration.   The judges are to blame here.   There's still resentment over him getting all that flattery for the outfit that Kini made.    Sam is someone who can dish it out, but can't take it, so I didn't have any sympathy for him.   I do not want him to win.   Nope. --- yeah, I don't have sympathy for him.  I remember his last season....he had looks that I loved but his attitude was always so horrible.  And that was always frustrating.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Since I always set up my recordings(except a few shows) I haven't seen this show but I think I would find it interesting.  I will have to look for it and maybe record it.  Are they 30 mins or an hour?

Quoting LisaLoopner:

My DVR keeps picking up these extra episodes of Project Runway where they discuss how the designers got here and a bunch of other things.  Have you noticed these extra episodes?  They're showing up as "new" episodes.   I just keep deleting them because I don't have time to watch another episode and it makes me wish they just made the regular episodes 90 minutes again.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:29 PM

I think they're an hour and they're either on right before the new episodes on Thursday night or right after.   I thought it was only the first week, but my DVR keeps picking it up every week.

Quoting pixie124:

Since I always set up my recordings(except a few shows) I haven't seen this show but I think I would find it interesting.  I will have to look for it and maybe record it.  Are they 30 mins or an hour?

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Ahhh....I can't add on another hour.  Oh well.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I think they're an hour and they're either on right before the new episodes on Thursday night or right after.   I thought it was only the first week, but my DVR keeps picking it up every week.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)