Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DWTS(3/21)

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

a reap if you need one....

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-with-the-stars-premiere-recap/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:41 AM

This week and next week I can't watch the whole show...I can only watch the second half.  

So from what I saw.  There are some pretty good for the first week and there is some not so great for the first week.

I am happy Ginger did so well.  I love Ginger!!!  Ginger and Val!!! Ginger and Val!!!  She cracks me up about the whole breast feeding bit.

I thought that the deaf model did really well.  Not sure how they will do later on in the competition and I think Bruno has a crush on him.

I thought in Mischa's piece it said that she had some dance experience.  If she does have dance experience I would chalk up her dance to nervousness.

Really that is all I got to watch.  I really want to hear what you guys have to say about the rest of them

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the weather  girl and model are my favorites so far. They were both very good. Len was a bit mean with Misha..yes she wasn't very good but  Geraldo and Doug werent good either and he wasn't as harsh to them.

It was a good show...

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM

2 things....

#1 - I'm not watching (sorry, don't throw tomatoes at me).

#2 - There's an article on realitytvworld.com that said the ratings tanked when Len left and they really wanted him back.   People disliked Julianne and the other judges didn't get along with her, so she had to go and it  made room for Len to come back (they wanted only 3 judges).    Smart - very smart.

Quoting pixie124:

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pixie124:

This week and next week I can't watch the whole show...I can only watch the second half.  

So from what I saw.  There are some pretty good for the first week and there is some not so great for the first week.

I am happy Ginger did so well.  I love Ginger!!!  Ginger and Val!!! Ginger and Val!!!  She cracks me up about the whole breast feeding bit.

I thought that the deaf model did really well.  Not sure how they will do later on in the competition and I think Bruno has a crush on him.

I thought in Mischa's piece it said that she had some dance experience.  If she does have dance experience I would chalk up her dance to nervousness.

Really that is all I got to watch.  I really want to hear what you guys have to say about the rest of them

I laughed so hard when Bruno had to go up to the "hot  model" and touch him to make sure he was real! HA! He's so funny!

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM

How did Stephanie from Full House do?  I was hoping I would get to watch her.

Was Len in a better mood the first half then the second?

Quoting reptilequeen:

I think the weather  girl and model are my favorites so far. They were both very good. Len was a bit mean with Misha..yes she wasn't very good but  Geraldo and Doug werent good either and he wasn't as harsh to them.

It was a good show...

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LisaLoopner:

2 things....

#2 - There's an article on realitytvworld.com that said the ratings tanked when Len left and they really wanted him back.   People disliked Julianne and the other judges didn't get along with her, so she had to go and it  made room for Len to come back (they wanted only 3 judges).    Smart - very smart. --the only thing I feel bad about is that Len is getting older and has a hard time flying back and forth.  Maybe they should cut back to doing the show once a year.

Quoting pixie124:

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Quoting pixie124:

How did Stephanie from Full House do?  I was hoping I would get to watch her.

Was Len in a better mood the first half then the second?

Quoting reptilequeen:

It was a good show...

I think she did  very well..Her partner was happy to get high scores finally! hA! I think she will be around  for awhile.  My daughter wants her to win.

Len was better in the first half..he was kinda mean to Misha I thought..

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Kim Fields - She's blonde!  She did very well and I hope we see her continue to improve as the season goes on.

The boxer and Mark - she's pretty and athletic and I would say she will go far.  She was so cute, she cried when she was done.

Doug Flutie - he wasn't great but he's likeable and seemed to be enjoying himself.

Jodie (Stepahnie Tanner) - She did very well although it seems like we've seen a tango to Confident before.  I wish I were more of a fan of Keo.   

Geraldo - he was bad - too bad Edyta probably won't be around too long.

Marla Maples - She totally pulled off a quick step on night one!  I really like the pairing of she and Tony too.

Wayna - I have no idea who he is but he's got moves!

Ginger - I don't watch GMA so I'm not familiar with her but I really like her and she rocked it.  I love seeing Val with a fun partner too. 

Mischa - I thought Len was a little hard on her but he wasn't really wrong.  She seemed very clumsy.  She said she had done a lot of dancing but I didn't see it.  She didn't seem to be very serious in the package either.  Not sure what I think of her yet.  I really like Artem so I hope she's not a diva.

Nyle - He was amazing and seems like a great guy.  I think we will see a depth in Peta that we haven't seem before. 

Antonio Brown -  Another great dance.  For an athlete, he's a great performer.

Von Miller - Not bad, it will be interesting to see what he can do.  I was surprised that he got the same scores as Antonio, I thought he would be lower.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM

IMO, Len is the judge who lends some credibility to the judging and I don't think people took Julianne seriously.  I thought that she actually did a fairly good job being impartial and giving solid dancing advice.  I also didn't realize that she didn't get along with the other judges but I can imagine that Carrie Ann and Bruno resented that fact that she was there and was a more solid judge than they were.  I'm glad that Len is back but I didn't think last season was a failure without him and I know the schedule is hard on him.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

2 things....

#2 - There's an article on realitytvworld.com that said the ratings tanked when Len left and they really wanted him back.   People disliked Julianne and the other judges didn't get along with her, so she had to go and it  made room for Len to come back (they wanted only 3 judges).    Smart - very smart.

Quoting pixie124:

13purpleshades
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:37 PM

I agree with all of this. But I don't really have a oppinion yet on Keo. He seems like a good dancer but since I started watching a few seasons ago he has been one of the first voted off. So I havent really got to see that much of him. I hope he goes further with Jodi and gets a chance to prove himself.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Kim Fields - She's blonde!  She did very well and I hope we see her continue to improve as the season goes on.

The boxer and Mark - she's pretty and athletic and I would say she will go far.  She was so cute, she cried when she was done.

Doug Flutie - he wasn't great but he's likeable and seemed to be enjoying himself.

Jodie (Stepahnie Tanner) - She did very well although it seems like we've seen a tango to Confident before.  I wish I were more of a fan of Keo.   

Geraldo - he was bad - too bad Edyta probably won't be around too long.

Marla Maples - She totally pulled off a quick step on night one!  I really like the pairing of she and Tony too.

Wayna - I have no idea who he is but he's got moves!

Ginger - I don't watch GMA so I'm not familiar with her but I really like her and she rocked it.  I love seeing Val with a fun partner too. 

Mischa - I thought Len was a little hard on her but he wasn't really wrong.  She seemed very clumsy.  She said she had done a lot of dancing but I didn't see it.  She didn't seem to be very serious in the package either.  Not sure what I think of her yet.  I really like Artem so I hope she's not a diva.

Nyle - He was amazing and seems like a great guy.  I think we will see a depth in Peta that we haven't seem before. 

Antonio Brown -  Another great dance.  For an athlete, he's a great performer.

Von Miller - Not bad, it will be interesting to see what he can do.  I was surprised that he got the same scores as Antonio, I thought he would be lower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)