Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Project Runway(4/7)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:30 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 116 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.ew.com/recap/project-runway-all-stars-season-5-episode-9

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 6:43 AM

So, I literally blinked and missed Ken "storming" out.  I actually had to rewind it and rewatch it.  I have to say, Ken has really grown.  He even said that if he would have stayed he knew what would happen and instead he knew to get out of the situation.  I am impressed with how he handled himself actually.  I mean he still did "storm" out but it was nothing like the the previews suggested.

Now, Kini...I get that he has this intense dislike of Sam but the stuff coming out of his mouth is really un-Kini like.  I am actually disappointed in him a little bit.  He was also super cocky.  I am happy he won and all but I hope this super cocky...nasty spewing Kini doesn't stick around.

Okay....this is the first time I didn't like Dom's outfit.  I can't imagine wearing that to a baseball game.  After she explained that it was for the spring season it made loads more sense.  And I agree with Kristin(the guest judge)...I like it better without the attachement.  I am sorry the whole look was to hot(as in making me hot) looking for me.

Aisha's look was okay but I agree with Alyssa.  I would have enjoyed it more without the sports bra top.  I didn't mind the jersey inspired skirt...I could have seen myself wearing that in the 80's when I went to baseball games.

Kini's coat was pretty good.  I agreed with whoever was talking about the branding of the jacket.  You could change it to whatever colors and put logos on it just fine.

Ken's look...Yep, it was simple and something that people on the low end of the bracket could afford and wear but I actually liked it and again agreed with Kristin on this one.  If they sold it...every girl would be buying it and it works for hot weather!!!!  The Red dress underneath was like Kini's outfit under his coat...really nothing special.

Layanna....I bet she watched the show last night and is kicking herself that she didn't stick with the white top.  She should have stuck with the white top.  And now I think I know why they kept her one more week...it was because they were expecting her to shine in this challenge.  I have to admit the colors felt all off to me.

Sam....I like how Alyssa keeps putting him in his place.  Good for your Alyssa.  This was her challenge and it was like a slap to the face for her.

I am really curious to see what happens next week when Zac is in the house.  Sounds like he isn't too happy with someone.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Quoting pixie124:

So, I literally blinked and missed Ken "storming" out.  I actually had to rewind it and rewatch it.  I have to say, Ken has really grown.  He even said that if he would have stayed he knew what would happen and instead he knew to get out of the situation.  I am impressed with how he handled himself actually.  I mean he still did "storm" out but it was nothing like the the previews suggested.  I was impressed with him and like him a little more for not making a scene.

Now, Kini...I get that he has this intense dislike of Sam but the stuff coming out of his mouth is really un-Kini like.  I am actually disappointed in him a little bit.  He was also super cocky.  I am happy he won and all but I hope this super cocky...nasty spewing Kini doesn't stick around.  Me too!  He has such a nasty streak this season and I could not believe what a jerk he was on this episode.  I couldn't even be happy for his win because he was so cocky. 

Okay....this is the first time I didn't like Dom's outfit.  I can't imagine wearing that to a baseball game.  After she explained that it was for the spring season it made loads more sense.  And I agree with Kristin(the guest judge)...I like it better without the attachement.  I am sorry the whole look was to hot(as in making me hot) looking for me.  All I could think of with this was Snuggie - LOL!  I did like to fabric blocking on the shoulders and the back and I think she could have done by making it more of a fitted sheath.

Aisha's look was okay but I agree with Alyssa.  I would have enjoyed it more without the sports bra top.  I didn't mind the jersey inspired skirt...I could have seen myself wearing that in the 80's when I went to baseball games.   I liked the jersey inspired skirt.

Kini's coat was pretty good.  I agreed with whoever was talking about the branding of the jacket.  You could change it to whatever colors and put logos on it just fine.  I liked the coat but I almost felt like this was just as mainstream as Ken's look with the simple jeans and tee underneath.

Ken's look...Yep, it was simple and something that people on the low end of the bracket could afford and wear but I actually liked it and again agreed with Kristin on this one.  If they sold it...every girl would be buying it and it works for hot weather!!!!  The Red dress underneath was like Kini's outfit under his coat...really nothing special.  I agree, it was cute and much more appropriate for a sporting event than Sam's look.  And I liked the black pocket.

Layanna....I bet she watched the show last night and is kicking herself that she didn't stick with the white top.  She should have stuck with the white top.  And now I think I know why they kept her one more week...it was because they were expecting her to shine in this challenge.  I have to admit the colors felt all off to me.  I think the colors are what tipped her over the edge on this one.  They were off.  Did she use the same design on the white top?  I remember it being more of a boxy tee.  I actually think her runway top was cool and she might have squeaked by if she had maybe done that in white with some colored piping or something.

Sam....I like how Alyssa keeps putting him in his place.  Good for your Alyssa.  This was her challenge and it was like a slap to the face for her. This was cute, but nothing new and I didn't think that it fit the challenge.

I am really curious to see what happens next week when Zac is in the house.  Sounds like he isn't too happy with someone.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Quoting pixie124:

So, I literally blinked and missed Ken "storming" out.  I actually had to rewind it and rewatch it.  I have to say, Ken has really grown.  He even said that if he would have stayed he knew what would happen and instead he knew to get out of the situation.  I am impressed with how he handled himself actually.  I mean he still did "storm" out but it was nothing like the the previews suggested.  I was impressed with him and like him a little more for not making a scene.  ---Me also

Now, Kini...I get that he has this intense dislike of Sam but the stuff coming out of his mouth is really un-Kini like.  I am actually disappointed in him a little bit.  He was also super cocky.  I am happy he won and all but I hope this super cocky...nasty spewing Kini doesn't stick around.  Me too!  He has such a nasty streak this season and I could not believe what a jerk he was on this episode.  I couldn't even be happy for his win because he was so cocky.  ---Do you think this has something to do with the editing?  Maybe he was like this his first season also but they edited him to be the hero and this season they have made him into a little bit of a villian?

Okay....this is the first time I didn't like Dom's outfit.  I can't imagine wearing that to a baseball game.  After she explained that it was for the spring season it made loads more sense.  And I agree with Kristin(the guest judge)...I like it better without the attachement.  I am sorry the whole look was to hot(as in making me hot) looking for me.  All I could think of with this was Snuggie - LOL!  I did like to fabric blocking on the shoulders and the back and I think she could have done by making it more of a fitted sheath.  ---LOL @ Snuggie

Aisha's look was okay but I agree with Alyssa.  I would have enjoyed it more without the sports bra top.  I didn't mind the jersey inspired skirt...I could have seen myself wearing that in the 80's when I went to baseball games.   I liked the jersey inspired skirt.

Kini's coat was pretty good.  I agreed with whoever was talking about the branding of the jacket.  You could change it to whatever colors and put logos on it just fine.  I liked the coat but I almost felt like this was just as mainstream as Ken's look with the simple jeans and tee underneath.  --I completely agree with your opinion!!!

Ken's look...Yep, it was simple and something that people on the low end of the bracket could afford and wear but I actually liked it and again agreed with Kristin on this one.  If they sold it...every girl would be buying it and it works for hot weather!!!!  The Red dress underneath was like Kini's outfit under his coat...really nothing special.  I agree, it was cute and much more appropriate for a sporting event than Sam's look.  And I liked the black pocket.  ---I liked the black pocket as well.

Layanna....I bet she watched the show last night and is kicking herself that she didn't stick with the white top.  She should have stuck with the white top.  And now I think I know why they kept her one more week...it was because they were expecting her to shine in this challenge.  I have to admit the colors felt all off to me.  I think the colors are what tipped her over the edge on this one.  They were off.  Did she use the same design on the white top?  I remember it being more of a boxy tee.  I actually think her runway top was cool and she might have squeaked by if she had maybe done that in white with some colored piping or something.  ---It was hard to tell with the white top if she used the same design or not.  I like your idea about the piping.  That would have looked great against the white and would have matched her bottoms.

Sam....I like how Alyssa keeps putting him in his place.  Good for your Alyssa.  This was her challenge and it was like a slap to the face for her. This was cute, but nothing new and I didn't think that it fit the challenge.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I almost posted that dame thought about Kini and editing last season but then it seems like he was well liked by the other designers so I just don't know. I will certainly be more keyed in to it in future episodes though.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

Quoting pixie124:

So, I literally blinked and missed Ken "storming" out.  I actually had to rewind it and rewatch it.  I have to say, Ken has really grown.  He even said that if he would have stayed he knew what would happen and instead he knew to get out of the situation.  I am impressed with how he handled himself actually.  I mean he still did "storm" out but it was nothing like the the previews suggested.  I was impressed with him and like him a little more for not making a scene.  ---Me also

Now, Kini...I get that he has this intense dislike of Sam but the stuff coming out of his mouth is really un-Kini like.  I am actually disappointed in him a little bit.  He was also super cocky.  I am happy he won and all but I hope this super cocky...nasty spewing Kini doesn't stick around.  Me too!  He has such a nasty streak this season and I could not believe what a jerk he was on this episode.  I couldn't even be happy for his win because he was so cocky.  ---Do you think this has something to do with the editing?  Maybe he was like this his first season also but they edited him to be the hero and this season they have made him into a little bit of a villian?

Okay....this is the first time I didn't like Dom's outfit.  I can't imagine wearing that to a baseball game.  After she explained that it was for the spring season it made loads more sense.  And I agree with Kristin(the guest judge)...I like it better without the attachement.  I am sorry the whole look was to hot(as in making me hot) looking for me.  All I could think of with this was Snuggie - LOL!  I did like to fabric blocking on the shoulders and the back and I think she could have done by making it more of a fitted sheath.  ---LOL @ Snuggie

Kini's coat was pretty good.  I agreed with whoever was talking about the branding of the jacket.  You could change it to whatever colors and put logos on it just fine.  I liked the coat but I almost felt like this was just as mainstream as Ken's look with the simple jeans and tee underneath.  --I completely agree with your opinion!!!

Ken's look...Yep, it was simple and something that people on the low end of the bracket could afford and wear but I actually liked it and again agreed with Kristin on this one.  If they sold it...every girl would be buying it and it works for hot weather!!!!  The Red dress underneath was like Kini's outfit under his coat...really nothing special.  I agree, it was cute and much more appropriate for a sporting event than Sam's look.  And I liked the black pocket.  ---I liked the black pocket as well.

Layanna....I bet she watched the show last night and is kicking herself that she didn't stick with the white top.  She should have stuck with the white top.  And now I think I know why they kept her one more week...it was because they were expecting her to shine in this challenge.  I have to admit the colors felt all off to me.  I think the colors are what tipped her over the edge on this one.  They were off.  Did she use the same design on the white top?  I remember it being more of a boxy tee.  I actually think her runway top was cool and she might have squeaked by if she had maybe done that in white with some colored piping or something.  ---It was hard to tell with the white top if she used the same design or not.  I like your idea about the piping.  That would have looked great against the white and would have matched her bottoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)