Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Idol - SERIES finale 4/7

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 128 Total Views

Who watched?  

What did you think?

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:33 AM

I watched!  I loved it.

Even if you haven't watched this show in a LONG time, it was worth watching.  

When I saw SO many of the ex-Idols on the stage right at the beginning?  I was giddy!   WOOT.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the performances by the ex Idols.  I loved that they didn't need to have any other acts on for the finale.  It was so good.   Yes, there were a few notables missing - Kelly Clarkson was having her baby but had filmed a montage of her songs that they played & Adam Lambert was just MIA.  

Okay so a few things to comment on based on who looked different.

• Bo Bice - HOLY CRAP - didn't realize it was him until they put up the captions.  His hair is cut off and he looks sort of like a hot dad at the soccer field now. 
  • Joshua Ledet - Dude lost a bunch of weight and looked really different.   
  • Skylar Laine and Kree Harrison both put on a little too much weight, especially Skylar.   
  • Katherine McPhee and Pia Zadora looked very different with blonde hair. 
  • Tamyra Gray was wearing some awful pink wig

I just really loved it.   Loved seeing Daughtry up there rocking along with the other guys and not being too big for his britches.    Loved the Keith/Carrie duet (I think they've sung that in concert together) and Carrie's solo was great.

Worst part - JLo shaking it all over the place.  Umm, it's a family show and I'm by no means modest.  LOL

It was great that Randy, Paula and Simon came out at one point.   It was a little awkward at points, but still really good.   I also thought it was cute that Brian Dunkleman opened the show with Ryan.  

Sooooooo who caught the "For now" by Ryan at the very end?   So  maybe Idol isn't completely done???????

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Who watched?  

What did you think?

KittyMom1026
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM

I LOVED it! I too was disappointed that Adam didn't show up, but maybe he was touring or something.

I thought the numbers were spectacular and agree with you about Jlo. She's 46 for Pete's sake and still acts like she's in her 20's.

I was also glad that Clay showed up. He's from Raleigh NC which is about 2 hours from me.

But, even though Fantasia is only about 30 minutes from me,. I still can't stand her voice.

And I was THRILLED that Trent won. Somthing about La'Porsha really got on my nerves. I think part of it was how she used her baby as a prop every week. That, and her really awful hair. Plus, even though she could sing, she often screamed her songs. IMO

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Quoting KittyMom1026:

I LOVED it! I too was disappointed that Adam didn't show up, but maybe he was touring or something.

I thought the numbers were spectacular and agree with you about Jlo. She's 46 for Pete's sake and still acts like she's in her 20's.

I was also glad that Clay showed up. He's from Raleigh NC which is about 2 hours from me.   I was actually surprised that Idol asked him to be on or let him be on after the bad stuff he said about Idol this season, but then again it was good to see that they could overcome whatever drama it was.

But, even though Fantasia is only about 30 minutes from me,. I still can't stand her voice.

And I was THRILLED that Trent won. Somthing about La'Porsha really got on my nerves. I think part of it was how she used her baby as a prop every week. That, and her really awful hair. Plus, even though she could sing, she often screamed her songs. IMO    I thought she was decent, but I just never really pictured her as an Idol who I'd hear on the radio.   I was just never excited about her and thought this season was already determined (with her as the winner). so I started to tune out a few weeks ago.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It was a good show, but I am very disappointed by the winner. I was team La'Porshe all the way. I thought she was the best singer out of the Top 12. 

Cricket2009
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

It was a good show, but I am very disappointed by the winner. I was team La'Porshe all the way. I thought she was the best singer out of the Top 12. 

She's who I was hoping would win.  All my votes went to her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)