Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleepyhollow - 4/8/16 - Finale!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Anyone watch this yet?

I am shocked, angry, and happy at the same time.

Not sure if it will return, but.....

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:54 PM

I'm still processing.

I feel like there are SO many unanswered questions, so if this was the last season it didn't end well.

I hate that Abbie is "missing again" and/or she's really and truly gone?   Like Crane, I wasn't fully convinced no matter what anyone said.   I know they were saying that there should be someone RELATED to Abbie out there but I just don't buy it.

Best parts were seeing the bad guy and then Pandora go bye bye.  See ya.   Won't miss ya.

I liked seeing Corbin again (the dad).  

I just don't get having Abbie sort of have a love interest in Danny, but then there was zero closure with that relationship and then POOF she's gone.   It was either written poorly or they just didn't give a crap anymore and went with it.

That said... where they're going with this that there could be higher ups who are bad and not doing good things where this "battle of the demons" is concerned could be a cool avenue to pursue next year.

The big thing is that will I want to watch this show without Ichabod and Abbie at the heart of the show?  I just don't know.   I just don't think so.   I am confused.

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Anyone watch this yet?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TVLine.com has two articles (Sorry, I can't copy and paste here at CM).

The one says that Nicole Beharie IS off the show.  Abbie is done.  

bad

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Anyone watch this yet?

Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 7:56 AM

There is a out pour of rage from many people. That they killed Abbie. Why would they kill off a major star of the show? That was a dumb move on their part. If the show is not cancel. It will most certainly be cancel next season. Cause they have lost many many fans of the show. I will not be watching the show anymore.

Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 8:00 AM

They will regret doing that. The show was already hanging on by a thread.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bad

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Anyone watch this yet?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM

It sounds like the actress wanted off the show.   That makes me so sad, but if the writing was on the wall that this show could have been cancelled, then I guess she needs to do what she needs to do.   It was never the same after the 1st season anyway.

Quoting Serenity7:

They will regret doing that. The show was already hanging on by a thread.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quoting tvschiulaz:Anyone watch this yet?I am shocked, angry, and happy at the same time.Not sure if it will return, but.....

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Apr. 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM

For me, if Jenny becomes the 2nd witness (which they seemed to be hinting at with the bloodline thing and all), then I won't be happy.   I don't think she's that good of an actress.  I just don't know.   I might watch the first few episodes (IF it's back) to see where they're going with this.

Quoting Serenity7:

There is a out pour of rage from many people. That they killed Abbie. Why would they kill off a major star of the show? That was a dumb move on their part. If the show is not cancel. It will most certainly be cancel next season. Cause they have lost many many fans of the show. I will not be watching the show anymore.

Kel13lighthouse
Got a super busy work week ahead and probably won't be on CM very much.
Sunday at 7:39 PM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Still trying to catch up, so haven't seen the ending. Waiting patiently for my DH to get in the mood to watch the show. I think we still have 4 episodes left. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:23 AM

It might be because I played catch up on this show while laid up over the last couple of weeks but I don't feel that attachment to Abbie that you guys and the rest of Sleepy Hollow land does.  I use to love Abbie in the beginning but to be honest something needed to change on this show.  It's not to say that I wasn't shocked by her departure because I was.  But I am actually okay with her exit.  This show needed a switch up and they couldn't bring in anyone because of the Abbie/Ichabod bond.  People were angry about Betsy...which she brought some fire but people wouldn't have it.  Basically the show was going no where.

And I am sad to say but if that was the series finale....I liked it.  It was different and open.  We know that Ichabod goes on to do other things and you don't have to sit around forever wondering does Ichabod and Abbie get together.

Hottmomma607
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Ugh I was mad and shocked! I read where she left because she felt squeezed out and also two main characters with great chemistry they had them working separately this whole season is how the article put it. I read where it was picked up for the next season I'm not sure?

tvschiulaz
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM

the Sleepy Hollow facebook page has gone nuts, ladies!  There is talk that Nicole and Orlando left bec of racism.  It is turning unfortunately into a black/white issue.  But I read that the lead character, Abbie, actually felt tied down by the part.  She is a stage and big screen actress and also a singer from what i found out.  She did not think the small screen was good enough for her.  I am sad to see her go, but as another poster said, I did not "feel" her this season.  You could tell she was a bit standoffish and it showed in her acting I think.

I hope they renew the show - Headless is back and NOW it will get good again!!!!

Be honest - who didn't scream when he took out the head and headless rode in on his horse?  I was yelling for sure! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)