Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family(4/10)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

A recap of sorts but more of a Q&A about the episode....

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-family-postmortem-willa-ben-adam/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:03 AM

So, in the Q&A they said there is no way that Adam is alive.  Which I guess makes sense but I hope we find out what happened to his body.

I like how this episode gave us a look at the few weeks leading up to "Adam" coming back and even just a little peek at when they he first got put down there.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

I am wondering what happened to his body as well. 
For some reason, I still don't trust Ben. I think he is up to something. In her own, weird way, Willa was trying to hold on to her family and keep them together. I also have to say, that I think Claire is just as "calculated" as Willa is and I don't think her motives are as pure. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM

I am very curious about the money that Ben pulled out.  I think he was trying to get away from his captor but I also feel like he is trying to pull one over on them.  I wonder if he wants more money in the future.  What is he going to do with the money....and why would he feel the need to hide the money that Willa gave him?

I agree with you about Willa and Claire.  I think some of Willa's calcuated attitude is because she has to feel in control to feel safe.    Claire on the other hand I feel like she just enjoys having the power.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am wondering what happened to his body as well. For some reason, I still don't trust Ben. I think he is up to something. In her own, weird way, Willa was trying to hold on to her family and keep them together. I also have to say, that I think Claire is just as "calculated" as Willa is and I don't think her motives are as pure.  

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Joan Allen who plays Claire just looks so harsh to me. I don't know if it's her hair or makeup? She had long hair in the Bourne series and I don't remember her looking this off. For some reason she just does not look that attractive in The Family. I like her a lot better with short hair like in her movie The Contender. 

Quoting pixie124:

I am very curious about the money that Ben pulled out.  I think he was trying to get away from his captor but I also feel like he is trying to pull one over on them.  I wonder if he wants more money in the future.  What is he going to do with the money....and why would he feel the need to hide the money that Willa gave him?

I agree with you about Willa and Claire.  I think some of Willa's calcuated attitude is because she has to feel in control to feel safe.    Claire on the other hand I feel like she just enjoys having the power.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am wondering what happened to his body as well. For some reason, I still don't trust Ben. I think he is up to something. In her own, weird way, Willa was trying to hold on to her family and keep them together. I also have to say, that I think Claire is just as "calculated" as Willa is and I don't think her motives are as pure.  

kary29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I noticed the irritating music wasn't playing this week!

I liked this episode, it moved quickly and explained a lot.  

One thing made me wonder; when the sister found Ben, why didn't she immediately ask or want to find who kidnapped them and where he had been hidden.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I will have to pay more attention....I haven't seen the most recent Bourne movie so I thought it was just her aging.  Of course I am sure they make her look more harsh because she has been thru a lot in the last 10 years.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Joan Allen who plays Claire just looks so harsh to me. I don't know if it's her hair or makeup? She had long hair in the Bourne series and I don't remember her looking this off. For some reason she just does not look that attractive in The Family. I like her a lot better with short hair like in her movie The Contender. 

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 13, 2016 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Point about asking Ben questions like who and where.  Maybe she did ask him and he didn't have a clue.  It seems like he would like to have his captor caught and punished and he really didn't have those answers for the police so maybe he didn't have them for her either.  And maybe she didn't want to hear all the yucky details.

Quoting kary29:

I noticed the irritating music wasn't playing this week!

I liked this episode, it moved quickly and explained a lot.  

One thing made me wonder; when the sister found Ben, why didn't she immediately ask or want to find who kidnapped them and where he had been hidden.

kary29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2016 at 10:36 AM

I was lying in bed last night thinking about it - sad isn't it, lol - I think Adam is alive.  We'll see him in the season finale which will set things up for another season.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Apr. 13, 2016 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that is sad.  I have done that with other shows....just not this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers are not throwing us off the trail when they did that interview.  He may not be dead.  Until this last episode I figured the head guy actually sold him off to another guy because we never saw him going anywhere that Adam would be.  This could still be the case....Adam isn't dead just sold off to another man(most likely a doctor) who is healing him.

Quoting kary29:

I was lying in bed last night thinking about it - sad isn't it, lol - I think Adam is alive.  We'll see him in the season finale which will set things up for another season.

kary29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2016 at 7:23 PM

I totally missed the first part of the Q and A!!  Didn't see until just now when I reread it that they said Adam is dead.  Well....I'll have to rethink my theory, maybe in bed tonight, lol.

Quoting pixie124:

I don't think that is sad.  I have done that with other shows....just not this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers are not throwing us off the trail when they did that interview.  He may not be dead.  Until this last episode I figured the head guy actually sold him off to another guy because we never saw him going anywhere that Adam would be. I like that theory too! This could still be the case....Adam isn't dead just sold off to another man(most likely a doctor) who is healing him.

Quoting kary29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)