• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Good Wife...series finale(5/8)

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 109 Total Views

Okay, what was up with that?!?!

i really disliked how they tore down Diane's husband on the witness stand.  It wasn't the questioning to start but it was Luca asking about the affair that I thought went a little too far.  Diane had every right to smack Alicia at the end.  I sure as hell know I would have!!!

I am a little lost if Jason was actually there or not or if he was an illusion like Will.  I am guessing it was like Will but I could be wrong.

I was happy to see that Cary was somewhere wonderful and where he should be.

Missed having David Lee in the final episode.

Missed seeing Harold.

I hope they do decide to do a sequel with this show...I guess it wouldn't be with the same writers since they appear to be done with the show but who cares.  I want to see Diane, David Lee, Eli and Luca with special help from Cary more.  I am going to miss them

So what did everyone else think of the finale?

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 7:16 AM
cubbies23
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Quoting pixie124:

i really disliked how they tore down Diane's husband on the witness stand.  It wasn't the questioning to start but it was Luca asking about the affair that I thought went a little too far.  Diane had every right to smack Alicia at the end.  I sure as hell know I would have!!! Same here but I always wondered if he was having an affair with her.

I am a little lost if Jason was actually there or not or if he was an illusion like Will.  I am guessing it was like Will but I could be wrong. I think so also. I would have loved to have seen more of Jason but I am happy with the way it ended.

Missed seeing Harold.

I hope they do decide to do a sequel with this show...I guess it wouldn't be with the same writers since they appear to be done with the show but who cares.  I want to see Diane, David Lee, Eli and Luca with special help from Cary more.  I am going to miss them I will miss them also. I would watch a show with just them. I would love to see how Diane continued the law firm without Alicia.  They could send Alicia to teach at Berkley with Grace to get her out of the picture. Then have the show with the others. 

So what did everyone else think of the finale? I know the show was to center on Alicia but now that it is over I wish I knew what happens to the others.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Quoting pixie124:

i really disliked how they tore down Diane's husband on the witness stand.  It wasn't the questioning to start but it was Luca asking about the affair that I thought went a little too far.  Diane had every right to smack Alicia at the end.  I sure as hell know I would have!!!

I don't watch this show, but read an article on TVLine about the "why" they ended it the way they did.   They said it was to show how Alicia went from being a victim (in the first season) to being someone who victimized people.  She supposedly turned into someone similar to Peter from year 1.    Interesting, that's for sure.   

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Oh I got that...it was just an odd finale.  It left so much open(at least for me it did).  Like the fact that we don't know if that was really Jason or was he part of her imagination like Will.  That is one of the things that really stumped me.  Also Peter was following her and calling her name and then she turned around and he wasn't there anymore...so was that part of her over active imagination too.  The only part I am sure on is that Diane slapped her.  Otherwise her mind might have made up the rest.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

I don't watch this show, but read an article on TVLine about the "why" they ended it the way they did.   They said it was to show how Alicia went from being a victim (in the first season) to being someone who victimized people.  She supposedly turned into someone similar to Peter from year 1.    Interesting, that's for sure.   

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Quoting cubbies23:

Quoting pixie124:

i really disliked how they tore down Diane's husband on the witness stand.  It wasn't the questioning to start but it was Luca asking about the affair that I thought went a little too far.  Diane had every right to smack Alicia at the end.  I sure as hell know I would have!!! Same here but I always wondered if he was having an affair with her.  ---I actually wondered that as well.  The reason it bothered me was because I like Diane and it actually bothered me that she had to sit thru that.

I am a little lost if Jason was actually there or not or if he was an illusion like Will.  I am guessing it was like Will but I could be wrong. I think so also. I would have loved to have seen more of Jason but I am happy with the way it ended. -- I am okay if he left her.  I just don't think she was into him enough.

Missed seeing Harold.

I hope they do decide to do a sequel with this show...I guess it wouldn'be with the same writers since they appear to be done with the show but who cares.  I want to see Diane, David Lee, Eli and Luca with special help from Cary more.  I am going to miss them I will miss them also. I would watch a show with just them. I would love to see how Diane continued the law firm without Alicia.  They could send Alicia to teach at Berkley with Grace to get her out of the picture. Then have the show with the others. --yep, they could have Alicia go somewhere else.  I love this ensemble and I think they could have a great show.

So what did everyone else think of the finale? I know the show was to center on Alicia but now that it is over I wish I knew what happens to the others.  Me too!!!

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 9:50 PM

I totally thought Peter was following her. I didn't even think it was her imagination. Great point. I'm sure that's what it was.  I do have to add that even though we don't know what happens with the others, I am glad they brought Will back for the finale.  I think it is the one thing that Alicia has closure on.  I was so shocked when he died that I think I cried for days just thinking about it. No spoilers for me on that one.  I did like his character and wished he didn't die.

Quoting pixie124:

Oh I got that...it was just an odd finale.  It left so much open(at least for me it did).  Like the fact that we don't know if that was really Jason or was he part of her imagination like Will.  That is one of the things that really stumped me.  Also Peter was following her and calling her name and then she turned around and he wasn't there anymore...so was that part of her over active imagination too.  The only part I am sure on is that Diane slapped her.  Otherwise her mind might have made up the rest.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 10:38 PM

I was SHOCKED when they killed off Will.  I had no idea it was going to happen and I cried(not days worth but that whole night).  I liked Will but towards the end I didn't want him with Alicia.  I wished he could have moved on to something better.  I just didn't feel their relationship towards the end.

Quoting cubbies23:

I totally thought Peter was following her. I didn't even think it was her imagination. Great point. I'm sure that's what it was.  I do have to add that even though we don't know what happens with the others, I am glad they brought Will back for the finale.  I think it is the one thing that Alicia has closure on.  I was so shocked when he died that I think I cried for days just thinking about it. No spoilers for me on that one.  I did like his character and wished he didn't die.

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting pixie124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)