Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FX Cancels Tyrant

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

http://tvline.com/2016/09/07/tyrant-cancelled-season-4-fx/

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:31 PM

frustrated

UGH.   DH & I are still watching this show and I'm so mad that they cancelled it.   That said, I should be happy that the show got a 3rd season (only 10 episodes, though).   This is such a good show, but I can see how they would decide not to continue with it.   but still.... UGHHHHH

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I thought of you when I saw this news.  I also saw that they are shopping it around.  Hope another network picks it up!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

frustrated

UGH.   DH & I are still watching this show and I'm so mad that they cancelled it.   That said, I should be happy that the show got a 3rd season (only 10 episodes, though).   This is such a good show, but I can see how they would decide not to continue with it.   but still.... UGHHHHH

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:32 PM

I have thought for awhile now, that FX never gave this show enough of a chance.   They certainly didn't promote it as much as some of their other shows (cough cough The Strain cough).   

It's just gotten so good.   I'm sad and mad that they cancelled it. 

Quoting pixie124:

I thought of you when I saw this news.  I also saw that they are shopping it around.  Hope another network picks it up!!!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:39 PM

That goes to show how oftenI watch FX...I didn't realize that they showed very many promos for The Strain.  I have read that this might be its last season.  I guess the writers for the show had a 3 season plan.  It's not saying it couldn't go for more seasons but this season is where this story is suppose to end.

Which network do you feel that it would fit on.  AMC maybe?

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I have thought for awhile now, that FX never gave this show enough of a chance.   They certainly didn't promote it as much as some of their other shows (cough cough The Strain cough).   

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

e-doolittle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:28 PM

I didn't think this season was good as last season but certainl didn't think it should be cancelled. It's a summer show. What else does FX have going on in summer?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:33 AM

I agree - this season wasn't its best, but I was hoping they'd fix a few things.   

Did you feel like they went too "soapy" this season?   I did,to a point.   I also think that killing off Jamal was stupid (especially if he didn't just die in the season opener).   

Quoting e-doolittle:

I didn't think this season was good as last season but certainl didn't think it should be cancelled. It's a summer show. What else does FX have going on in summer?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:34 AM

AMC might work.   This show has really delved into middle east issues and it would have to be a network that could handle that stuff AND be okay with it not just being a political show.  

Quoting pixie124:

That goes to show how oftenI watch FX...I didn't realize that they showed very many promos for The Strain.  I have read that this might be its last season.  I guess the writers for the show had a 3 season plan.  It's not saying it couldn't go for more seasons but this season is where this story is suppose to end.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I was kind of wondering if the History Channel might work.  I think it would have in the past but the History channel has changed so much and doesn't really do Drama.  I think the best choice would be AMC...or a streaming network.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

AMC might work.   This show has really delved into middle east issues and it would have to be a network that could handle that stuff AND be okay with it not just being a political show.  

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

e-doolittle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Many unrealistic things this season. Very soapy!

I felt the son killing Jamal was believable but it should have happened earlier if it was going to happen.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I agree - this season wasn't its best, but I was hoping they'd fix a few things.   

Did you feel like they went too "soapy" this season?   I did,to a point.   I also think that killing off Jamal was stupid (especially if he didn't just die in the season opener).   

Quoting e-doolittle:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Quoting e-doolittle: Many unrealistic things this season. Very soapy! I felt the son killing Jamal was believable but it should have happened earlier if it was going to happen.    YES!  I could easily have believed that Ahmet would have done that especially if he'd found out earlier what his father had done to Nusrat.    It just felt like the first couple of episodes was all about "cleaning house" for the new season, but they did away with characters and relationships that made the show work. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)