Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DWTS(10/31)

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

A recap if you need one....

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-with-the-stars-week-8-perfect-scores/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I had to work last night so I have only watch Terra dance so far.  I did look to see who left and I am okay with Ryan leaving.  Can't wait to see the rest of the dances.

Mandy Moore has been killing it with her dances this year!!!  Last night's opener was awesome.

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM

I have to watch tonight..to busy with Halloween...

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:34 PM

The three couples with the perfect scores this week are my picks for top 3 too.  If they do make it to top 3,  I would be happy to see any of them win.  

I was SO happy that Calvin and Lindsay got the 30. I feel like he sometimes gets scored too low.  And also that James did so well despite his partner change up.

I also really like Terra and I thought she did step it up a little this week but I'm not sure that she can get to the level that the judges seems to want. 

I go back and forth on Jana.  Some dances she looks so good and others are just okay. 

All season I have been trying to put my finger on why Derek isn't pulling in the love that he usually gets because Marilu really isn't a terrible dancer, they just don't shine with the usual Derek sparkle.  I finally decided last night that Marilu just doesn't have the showmanship.  She's too reserved or something - I don't feel like I know anything about her personality. 

I couldn't quite understand why Val was SO emotional this week.  It just seemed like more than wanting Laurie to do well.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:44 AM

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

The three couples with the perfect scores this week are my picks for top 3 too.  If they do make it to top 3,  I would be happy to see any of them win.  ---I agree.  I had Terra in this list at the beginning but I think the competition and some of the dances are getting too challenging for her body.  Which is a bummer because I really like her personality. 

I was SO happy that Calvin and Lindsay got the 30. I feel like he sometimes gets scored too low.  And also that James did so well despite his partner change up. --I saw the headlines that 3 couples got perfect scores before I watched and I didn't know if it would be Calvin that got it(figured it would be Jana)....so I was happy when it was Calvin.  I was worried when we saw that James had the switch up.  I assume that Sharna will still do the choreography??

I also really like Terra and I thought she did step it up a little this week but I'm not sure that she can get to the level that the judges seems to want. ---This is what I think as well.  I just don't think her body will allow her to get to that level...which is a bummer.

I go back and forth on Jana.  Some dances she looks so good and others are just okay.  ---I agree with this.  This Jazz wasn't my favorite....but then again, Gleb has never choreo Jazz before.

All season I have been trying to put my finger on why Derek isn't pulling in the love that he usually gets because Marilu really isn't a terrible dancer, they just don't shine with the usual Derek sparkle.  I finally decided last night that Marilu just doesn't have the showmanship.  She's too reserved or something - I don't feel like I know anything about her personality. ---She is too reserved.  I could tell last week that she was angry....and I thought she said something about him pushing her out of the way(which I read an interview with Derrik that said Marilu never thought he pushed her....but whatever) and we did hear her say something about him pushing her in the package piece. 

I couldn't quite understand why Val was SO emotional this week.  It just seemed like more than wanting Laurie to do well.  ---He did say something about his paternal instinct kicking in.  haha

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved a majority of the dances....I thought they all did such a good job.

I really liked James' dance and Laurie's dance.  Both of them showed that Waltzs can be full of drama and feeling.  Sometimes people forget how amazing of a dance a Waltz can be.

I think overall my favorite dance tho was James.  They really sold the whole thing.  The whole Suicide Squad came across really well.  And they had so much personality in the dance.  I assume that Sharna will still be choreographing their dances even tho she can't dance.  I know Derrik and other dancers have done that in the past when they have been injured.

I think it's Marilu's time to go.  But we will see what happens next week.

Tonysgurl05
by Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm ready for tera and marilu to go and am so torn who should win. I bet it will be Laurie but I do like Calvin he is really good. I like Jana too. I watched her on one tree hill and I loved that show so I would love to c her win. James is good too but he isn't a favorite of mine. All the dances were good and it was time for Ryan to leave. He wasn't that good and always seemed like he wasn't really trying I was suprized he made it as far as he did. I think it was only cuz of his partner
AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Quoting pixie124:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

The three couples with the perfect scores this week are my picks for top 3 too.  If they do make it to top 3,  I would be happy to see any of them win.  ---I agree.  I had Terra in this list at the beginning but I think the competition and some of the dances are getting too challenging for her body.  Which is a bummer because I really like her personality. 

I was SO happy that Calvin and Lindsay got the 30. I feel like he sometimes gets scored too low.  And also that James did so well despite his partner change up. --I saw the headlines that 3 couples got perfect scores before I watched and I didn't know if it would be Calvin that got it(figured it would be Jana)....so I was happy when it was Calvin.  I was worried when we saw that James had the switch up.  I assume that Sharna will still do the choreography??  Yes, it sounded like she would continue to do the choreography and work with them each week.

I also really like Terra and I thought she did step it up a little this week but I'm not sure that she can get to the level that the judges seems to want. ---This is what I think as well.  I just don't think her body will allow her to get to that level...which is a bummer.

I go back and forth on Jana.  Some dances she looks so good and others are just okay.  ---I agree with this.  This Jazz wasn't my favorite....but then again, Gleb has never choreo Jazz before.  Ohh, I missed that Gleb hadn't done Jazz before.  That could definitely be it.

All season I have been trying to put my finger on why Derek isn't pulling in the love that he usually gets because Marilu really isn't a terrible dancer, they just don't shine with the usual Derek sparkle.  I finally decided last night that Marilu just doesn't have the showmanship.  She's too reserved or something - I don't feel like I know anything about her personality. ---She is too reserved.  I could tell last week that she was angry....and I thought she said something about him pushing her out of the way(which I read an interview with Derrik that said Marilu never thought he pushed her....but whatever) and we did hear her say something about him pushing her in the package piece.  I totally missed anything about her getting pushed.

I couldn't quite understand why Val was SO emotional this week.  It just seemed like more than wanting Laurie to do well.  ---He did say something about his paternal instinct kicking in.  haha

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:07 PM

I didn't watch one Tree Hill so I am unfamiliar with Jana.  I do like her but I sometimes find her hit or miss with her dances.  I do think some of it has to do with Gleb's choreo.  This jazz wasn't really my favorite.

Quoting Tonysgurl05: I'm ready for tera and marilu to go and am so torn who should win. I bet it will be Laurie but I do like Calvin he is really good. I like Jana too. I watched her on one tree hill and I loved that show so I would love to c her win. James is good too but he isn't a favorite of mine. All the dances were good and it was time for Ryan to leave. He wasn't that good and always seemed like he wasn't really trying I was suprized he made it as far as he did. I think it was only cuz of his partner

Tonysgurl05
by Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
It wasn't my favorite either but I still like her a lot. I know she won't win but I want her to stay as long as possible!!!

Quoting pixie124:

I didn't watch one Tree Hill so I am unfamiliar with Jana.  I do like her but I sometimes find her hit or miss with her dances.  I do think some of it has to do with Gleb's choreo.  This jazz wasn't really my favorite.

Quoting Tonysgurl05: I'm ready for tera and marilu to go and am so torn who should win. I bet it will be Laurie but I do like Calvin he is really good. I like Jana too. I watched her on one tree hill and I loved that show so I would love to c her win. James is good too but he isn't a favorite of mine. All the dances were good and it was time for Ryan to leave. He wasn't that good and always seemed like he wasn't really trying I was suprized he made it as far as he did. I think it was only cuz of his partner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)