Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mega Buzz: Why does Kevin hate Miguel on This is Us

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

Okay....the article really doesn't give that much information but you HAVE to watch the little video up top that TVguide put together about Jack....

http://www.tvguide.com/news/this-is-us-spoilers-kevin-hate-miguel/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I admit I didn't watch the link, but I would strongly dislike (hate) my dad's best friend if he married my mom.
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Now, here is my thing.  I don't think it's just Kevin that dislikes Miguel.  I didn't get the feeling that Randal likes him either.  So the whole thought that while Kevin grows up he will mature in his relationship with Miguel??  Hmmmm....like I said, I didn't get the warm and fuzzies from Randal towards him either.

Now as for the video up top.  It even has up there that Jack was alive in 2006.  But to say he might not be dead....Ummmm, Kate has his ashes.  Now that would be weird.  I know they were just throwing that out there to be funny tho.  haha  And the whole Bradshaw butt thing...LMAO.  Whoever wrote that up...did a pretty good job.  There was some truth and there was some comedy.

I just hope that Rebecca didn't drop Jack before she hooked up with Miguel. I hope Jack was in Heaven before Rebecca and Miguel found each other.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Dec. 13, 2016 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

For me it would depend on the situation.  If it occured really quickly after my dad had passed.  If I felt that there were a possiblities of feeling before my dad had passed.

If it was way down the road and it wasn't a quick weird thing and my mom was happy I wouldn't be shocked.  I just don't see her marrying one of my dad's BFF.  She gets annoyed with them now on occasion.  And is really close to their wives.  

Quoting diaperstodating: I admit I didn't watch the link, but I would strongly dislike (hate) my dad's best friend if he married my mom.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Death by Bradshaw's Butt = ROFLMAO.

He's a Bengals Fan - I spit coffee (I love NFL Football).

Quoting pixie124:

Okay....the article really doesn't give that much information but you HAVE to watch the little video up top that TVguide put together about Jack....

http://www.tvguide.com/news/this-is-us-spoilers-kevin-hate-miguel/

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Hi and welcome to TV Talk. I hope you join our board. 

I agree - it would be REALLY hard to be okay with mom marrying my dad's best friend.  It would just be so odd on so many levels, especially if I'm still reeling from my dad's death. 

Quoting diaperstodating: I admit I didn't watch the link, but I would strongly dislike (hate) my dad's best friend if he married my mom.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think this is going to maybe be the season finale.   They'll finally explain how Jack died and then we'll see the fallout, which has to include Rebecca marrying MIguel.   I agree that I hope the Miguel hook up didn't happen BEFORE Jack died.   Oy

I agree - they ALL seem to dislike Miguel, not just Kevin.

I definitely think Jack is dead and that video was more funny stuff to get our attention?  It WAS funny and I laughed out loud about Terry Bradshaw's Butt (I still love that Matthew Mc/SJP movie).  

Quoting pixie124:

Now, here is my thing.  I don't think it's just Kevin that dislikes Miguel.  I didn't get the feeling that Randal likes him either.  So the whole thought that while Kevin grows up he will mature in his relationship with Miguel??  Hmmmm....like I said, I didn't get the warm and fuzzies from Randal towards him either.

Now as for the video up top.  It even has up there that Jack was alive in 2006.  But to say he might not be dead....Ummmm, Kate has his ashes.  Now that would be weird.  I know they were just throwing that out there to be funny tho.  haha  And the whole Bradshaw butt thing...LMAO.  Whoever wrote that up...did a pretty good job.  There was some truth and there was some comedy.

I just hope that Rebecca didn't drop Jack before she hooked up with Miguel. I hope Jack was in Heaven before Rebecca and Miguel found each other.

diaperstodating
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:09 AM
I agree they all seem to dislike Miguel.
I'm curious about his ex wife and his kids, and maybe he has grandchildren... and he doesn't see them on Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Randall's children were surprised that he got to wear the hat on Thanksgiving. I couldn't tell how they felt about it.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I think this is going to maybe be the season finale.   They'll finally explain how Jack died and then we'll see the fallout, which has to include Rebecca marrying MIguel.   I agree that I hope the Miguel hook up didn't happen BEFORE Jack died.   Oy

I definitely think Jack is dead and that video was more funny stuff to get our attention?  It WAS funny and I laughed out loud about Terry Bradshaw's Butt (I still love that Matthew Mc/SJP movie).  

Quoting pixie124:

diaperstodating
by Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Hi and welcome to TV Talk. I hope you join our board. 

I agree - it would be REALLY hard to be okay with mom marrying my dad's best friend.  It would just be so odd on so many levels, especially if I'm still reeling from my dad's death. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Oh yes, I am so curious about what happened to Miguel's wife and kids.  It's like POOF they're gone.  Maybe his kids hate him for marrying Rebecca and won't have anything to do with him.  

Quoting diaperstodating: I agree they all seem to dislike Miguel. I'm curious about his ex wife and his kids, and maybe he has grandchildren... and he doesn't see them on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Randall's children were surprised that he got to wear the hat on Thanksgiving. I couldn't tell how they felt about it.
Quoting LisaLoopner:

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM

I think it can be hard for a child to accept a new man in his mother's life (and vice versa) at any age.  

I can imagine they have a polite, but distant relationship with him.  He was their father's friend, not theres.  There is no telling how often Miguel interacted with them as children.  So they don't really know him and I doubt they are attempting to forge a strong bond with him as adults. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)