Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outlander Season 3 - Everything You Need to Know

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

http://www.tvguide.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-outlander-season-3-preview/

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Interesting tidbits, but just the tip of the iceberg.  Also, none of this is new if you've read the books which I think 75% of Outlander viewers have read (at least thru book 3).

Quoting LisaLoopner:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-outlander-season-3-preview/

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been able to get through the 2nd book. Started it like 3 times... then I gave up & watched the tv show instead. lol!

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Aww!  I'm sad when I know someone hasn't read the book(s) because there's so much more to them, but I'll admit that Diana Gabaldon is VERY wordy and her style of writing doesn't float everyone's boat.   I had to put book 5 down around page 400 because I just couldn't picture what she was writing about anymore.

The series is just so good.  And hey, it's renewed through season 4, so you're good to go!  

Quoting scapermom:

I haven't been able to get through the 2nd book. Started it like 3 times... then I gave up & watched the tv show instead. lol!

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM

I still haven't finished Season 2!  I sterted watching them recently but then got to Episode 9 and it seems like they cracked down on the free sites because I couldn't find any that had this episode - they all said that the video had been taken down for copyright reasons.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no!   I'm not sure if there are other sites that were showing it.  I asked for the DVDs for Christmas.   I actually cancelled Starz because it went up $5 a month and Outlander wasn't coming back until this Spring (April I think).    I hope you can catch up.   Season 2 got pretty intense.   

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

I still haven't finished Season 2!  I sterted watching them recently but then got to Episode 9 and it seems like they cracked down on the free sites because I couldn't find any that had this episode - they all said that the video had been taken down for copyright reasons.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:19 PM

The site I was watching on ( I think you linked me) has a list of several sources for each episode tons of shows.  For some reason every link that I tried gave the same message.  It was at the point that the season was really getting good so I assumed that Starz cracked down on these sources.  I also didn't check to see if later episodes were stil available or not.  Maybe after the holidays I will have a chance to look into it some more.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh no!   I'm not sure if there are other sites that were showing it.  I asked for the DVDs for Christmas.   I actually cancelled Starz because it went up $5 a month and Outlander wasn't coming back until this Spring (April I think).    I hope you can catch up.   Season 2 got pretty intense.   

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM

I think it could be more possible now that the DVDs are out and watching on Starz isn't the only option?  But what do I know about these sites?  LOL.   I can tell you that the season finale is PACKED with stuff and it's so worth seeing if you can.

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

The site I was watching on ( I think you linked me) has a list of several sources for each episode tons of shows.  For some reason every link that I tried gave the same message.  It was at the point that the season was really getting good so I assumed that Starz cracked down on these sources.  I also didn't check to see if later episodes were stil available or not.  Maybe after the holidays I will have a chance to look into it some more.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 7:02 AM

I agree that the books fill in a lot of what's missing from the show. Which is why I wanted to read them. I actually started watching the show before reading the book. I don't usually do that, but it worked with the first book. I tried to read the second one before the airing of the second season, but couldn't finish it. It's still sitting on my night table... I also bought the 3rd book. So I'll try to get through those before season 3. Just have to get back in the habit of reading again.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Aww!  I'm sad when I know someone hasn't read the book(s) because there's so much more to them, but I'll admit that Diana Gabaldon is VERY wordy and her style of writing doesn't float everyone's boat.   I had to put book 5 down around page 400 because I just couldn't picture what she was writing about anymore.

The series is just so good.  And hey, it's renewed through season 4, so you're good to go!  

Quoting scapermom:

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 7:36 AM

The start of the second book was very slow so maybe now that you've seen the show, start a little further in since you won't be lost.  I think the 3rd book was my favorite so far - I'm stuck on the 5th.

Quoting scapermom:

I agree that the books fill in a lot of what's missing from the show. Which is why I wanted to read them. I actually started watching the show before reading the book. I don't usually do that, but it worked with the first book. I tried to read the second one before the airing of the second season, but couldn't finish it. It's still sitting on my night table... I also bought the 3rd book. So I'll try to get through those before season 3. Just have to get back in the habit of reading again.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting scapermom:

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Good point, I'll try that!

I also remember that the show started a bit different than the book, no?

Quoting AmyClutterbug:

The start of the second book was very slow so maybe now that you've seen the show, start a little further in since you won't be lost.  I think the 3rd book was my favorite so far - I'm stuck on the 5th.

Quoting scapermom:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting scapermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)