Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alan Thicke Dead at 69. :(

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

http://tvline.com/2016/12/13/alan-thicke-dead-dies-growing-pains/

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I thought this was another death hoax, but unfortunately it is not.   

This is very sad news.   RIP.   I just saw him on a Hallmark movie yesterday and he was just on "This Is Us" as himself.   

Quoting LisaLoopner:

http://tvline.com/2016/12/13/alan-thicke-dead-dies-growing-pains/

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:48 PM

It is so sad. I loved watching Growing Pains and I wasn't even a Kirk Cameron fan. I think I was to old for him.  I forgot he was on This is Us.  I read he was also in the second season of Fuller House. There have been a lot of celebrity deaths this year.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Yes - I just read that he was on Fuller House.   

Too many deaths this year.  My family has had a crappy year and so many people have died, so I'm ready for 2017.  

Quoting cubbies23:

It is so sad. I loved watching Growing Pains and I wasn't even a Kirk Cameron fan. I think I was to old for him.  I forgot he was on This is Us.  I read he was also in the second season of Fuller House. There have been a lot of celebrity deaths this year.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Breaks my heart, another piece of my childhood gone. Watched his show its entire run, remember it well.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved Growing Pains so much.   

I think Alan even wrote the theme song.   
SIGH - I can't believe he's gone.    

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Breaks my heart, another piece of my childhood gone. Watched his show its entire run, remember it well.

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM

oh no....

Element5
by Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 7:12 AM
Oh I heard that! I loved that show!

Few on tv comment that he was in great shape and was playing hockey with his 19 year old son.. his last words he was complimenting his son on his play! So sad!

I also heard Alan wrote the theme done for facts of life and different strokes. Good guy!
Kel13lighthouse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Very Sad news indeed. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2016 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You know, I think you're right - that he wrote a few different theme songs.  I think that is really cool.   

Quoting Element5: Oh I heard that! I loved that show! Few on tv comment that he was in great shape and was playing hockey with his 19 year old son.. his last words he was complimenting his son on his play! So sad! I also heard Alan wrote the theme done for facts of life and different strokes. Good guy!

silvermermaid
by Member on Dec. 16, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Sad news. My brother and I grew up watching Growing Pains. We used to see Kirk Cameron and his wife around a lot because they moved to Calabasas, CA, where I grew up. I think they still live there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)