Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Is Us(1/17)

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

A recap if you need one....

http://tvline.com/2017/01/17/this-is-us-recap-season-1-episode-12-dr-k-wife-dead-the-big-day/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:40 AM

TEARS!!!  You don't think you will have tears again when you see something from a different angle, but I had tears.  Seeing the big day all from one prospective...wowser.  TEARS.

Miguel didn't win any awards with me again.  There is the reminder, he did have a wife and kids.  And I know husband's get away from their wives...especially in the early 80's.  But to be honest, they came across a little bit like Pigs.  So no awards going to Miguel.

Doctor K and his homelife the day of and after.

The Fireman and what was going on in his life.

A banana muffin with Twinkie filling for frosting.  HAHAHAHAHA

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:34 AM

I cried - a lot. 

I missed the kids in this episode, but then I enjoyed that they stayed in the flashbacks the whole time.

Quoting pixie124:

http://tvline.com/2017/01/17/this-is-us-recap-season-1-episode-12-dr-k-wife-dead-the-big-day/

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I was okay not seeing them.  It was nice just to see everyone from the beginning.  Where their headspace was that day.  I feel like seeing them would have meant flashing to the present and we wouldn't have been able to sit in this moment and really feel it.  Feel the beginning.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

I cried - a lot. 

I missed the kids in this episode, but then I enjoyed that they stayed in the flashbacks the whole time.

Quoting pixie124:

LadyAmaranth
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved the "all in the past" that this episode was.
The mood swings!! LOL totally could relate. It was cool seeing how Randall was found and the fireman's story and how there was such a "meant to be" for all concerned.
I could totally relate to Dr. K's story...btdt myself. He is the one who had me in tears especially at the end when he was boxing up stuff and talking to his late wife at the table. So been there....*sniff*.

ETA-I am not liking Miguel.

cubbies23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Quoting pixie124:

TEARS!!!  You don't think you will have tears again when you see something from a different angle, but I had tears.  Seeing the big day all from one prospective...wowser.  TEARS. Yes tears and more tears. I think this show has made me cry every episode.  

Miguel didn't win any awards with me again.  There is the reminder, he did have a wife and kids.  And I know husband's get away from their wives...especially in the early 80's.  But to be honest, they came across a little bit like Pigs.  So no awards going to Miguel. Didn't like Miguel. I wonder if the wife going on the trip is a sign of things to come.  

Doctor K and his homelife the day of and after.  It was so sad.  I honestly thought he was thinking of ending his life until he got the call for Rebecca. 

The Fireman and what was going on in his life. It's interesting that the fireman hoped Randall would help his marriage. Jack thought the same thing that Randall would help them through the death of the baby.  

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Dr. K's story had me in tears as well.  The Big Three gave his life meaning as well.  Reminded him that there was more out there.

Oh gosh....I really don't like Miguel!!!

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

I loved the "all in the past" that this episode was.The mood swings!! LOL totally could relate. It was cool seeing how Randall was found and the fireman's story and how there was such a "meant to be" for all concerned.I could totally relate to Dr. K's story...btdt myself. He is the one who had me in tears especially at the end when he was boxing up stuff and talking to his late wife at the table. So been there....*sniff*.

ETA-I am not liking Miguel.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Quoting cubbies23:

Quoting pixie124:

TEARS!!!  You don't think you will have tears again when you see something from a different angle, but I had tears.  Seeing the big day all from one prospective...wowser.  TEARS. Yes tears and more tears. I think this show has made me cry every episode.  

Miguel didn't win any awards with me again.  There is the reminder, he did have a wife and kids.  And I know husband's get away from their wives...especially in the early 80's.  But to be honest, they came across a little bit like Pigs.  So no awards going to Miguel. Didn't like Miguel. I wonder if the wife going on the trip is a sign of things to come.  

Doctor K and his homelife the day of and after.  It was so sad.  I honestly thought he was thinking of ending his life until he got the call for Rebecca. ---I was kind of worried about that myself a little bit.  If not take his life then have it really waste away to nothing. 

The Fireman and what was going on in his life. It's interesting that the fireman hoped Randall would help his marriage. Jack thought the same thing that Randall would help them through the death of the baby.  ---I am curious if we will see the fireman in the future.  Like someday they will run into each other? 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Lots of tears and laughter. Rebecca had me laughing during her pregnant state. I really felt for Jack but he did great hanging in there! I love the scene of him at the golf course with the other fellas and the only place he wanted to be was home. 

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM

It wasn't my favorite episode.  Usually the flashback have something to do with what is happening in the present.

I honestly felt it was wasted time focusing on the fireman....unless of course we see him again in the future. But I did like how he improved his relationship with his wife.

I did cry at the end of the episode.  It was very moving.

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cynnie22:

It wasn't my favorite episode.  Usually the flashback have something to do with what is happening in the present.  I felt the same way to some extent.  I feel like we have so many unanswered questions and so much going on that repeating so much of what we already know was just drawing things out. 

I honestly felt it was wasted time focusing on the fireman....unless of course we see him again in the future. But I did like how he improved his relationship with his wife.  His story is a good one but it all seems out of place at this point in the show.

I did cry at the end of the episode.  It was very moving.  The Dr's story is what I enjoyed most about this episode.  The last thing he wanted was to be involved in this delivery and yet it was just what he needed to put things in perspective and move forward. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)