Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex-Bachelor Jason Melnick - Accuses Producers of Coersion

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:16 PM

WIth all the info we know now, this doesn't sound too far fetched.   Of course they wanted to pull the strings and have it go down the way they wanted and NEEDED it to go for ratings.  Of course Jason looked like a jerk.   I was one of the few who thought it was great that he said what he was really thinking and admitted he'd made a mistake.  I was also happy that Molly wasn't too bitter and was able to find her way back to him.   They seem like a happily married couple now.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/former-the-bachelor-star-jason-mesnick-recalls-falling-victim-producers-demands-claims-ellen-degeneres-was-harsh-21312.php

reptilequeen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:23 PM

wow...ok...HA! 

Well at the time I wasnt happy with him but really he did the right thing and he's happy and so is Melissa..i think she just had kid # 3 with her hubby  right ?

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

She has 3 kids, at least.   It did all work out, but even at the time I thought why can't he say what he's thinking and feeling without getting lynched?  LOL   His season was one where it felt like the producers built up Melissa as "the favorite" so if he hadn't picked her at first, they'd have blown a gasket. 

Quoting reptilequeen:

wow...ok...HA! 

Well at the time I wasnt happy with him but really he did the right thing and he's happy and so is Melissa..i think she just had kid # 3 with her hubby  right ?

AmyClutterbug
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:24 AM

That's how I always felt about it too.  He had feelings for both of them and Melissa was the producer's pick so they pushed him in that direction. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

She has 3 kids, at least.   It did all work out, but even at the time I thought why can't he say what he's thinking and feeling without getting lynched?  LOL   His season was one where it felt like the producers built up Melissa as "the favorite" so if he hadn't picked her at first, they'd have blown a gasket. 

Quoting reptilequeen:

wow...ok...HA! 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:41 AM

After watching UnREAL I can honestly say I am not surprised.  And now I do feel bad that I disliked him so much when everything happened.  I mean really....those producers did something to cause him to be a villian in the situation.  What he says about not talking to Melissa and keeping everything from her is what pissed me off the most about him.

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:51 AM

My issue with Jason was that he wasn't upfront with Melissa.  That is what really pissed me off about him.  I thought he was a piece of chicken sh*! that was thinking with his d!ck and didn't care about hurting her feelings.  He should have been upfront and honest with her before the after show.  Now seeing that the producers wouldn't allow him to be(and knowing what I know from UnREAL)...I actually feel bad for him.  He says now he shouldn't have been manipulated....and really he shouldn't have.  He should have said that wasn't right...Melissa should have known before the whole thing.  A lot of my strong feelings that come from this is from knowing too many people that play games in relationships.  I know I wouldn't want to be thrown under the bus on live TV and I wouldn't want someone I really cared about thrown under the bus on live TV for everyone elses entertainment....to be watched over and over again.

Both Jason and Melissa went on to being in great marriages and I am happy for both of them.  

Quoting LisaLoopner:

WIth all the info we know now, this doesn't sound too far fetched.   Of course they wanted to pull the strings and have it go down the way they wanted and NEEDED it to go for ratings.  Of course Jason looked like a jerk.   I was one of the few who thought it was great that he said what he was really thinking and admitted he'd made a mistake.  I was also happy that Molly wasn't too bitter and was able to find her way back to him.   They seem like a happily married couple now.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/former-the-bachelor-star-jason-mesnick-recalls-falling-victim-producers-demands-claims-ellen-degeneres-was-harsh-21312.php

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM

I thought the same thing about UnREAL.   It's stuff like this that the people from UnREAL pulled from.   It shows how much manipulation was going on behind the scenes and it's not surprising (now that we really know what's going on).   

Quoting pixie124:

After watching UnREAL I can honestly say I am not surprised.  And now I do feel bad that I disliked him so much when everything happened.  I mean really....those producers did something to cause him to be a villian in the situation.  What he says about not talking to Melissa and keeping everything from her is what pissed me off the most about him.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pixie124:

My issue with Jason was that he wasn't upfront with Melissa.  That is what really pissed me off about him.  I thought he was a piece of chicken sh*! that was thinking with his d!ck and didn't care about hurting her feelings.  He should have been upfront and honest with her before the after show.  Now seeing that the producers wouldn't allow him to be(and knowing what I know from UnREAL)...I actually feel bad for him.  He says now he shouldn't have been manipulated....and really he shouldn't have.  He should have said that wasn't right...Melissa should have known before the whole thing.  A lot of my strong feelings that come from this is from knowing too many people that play games in relationships.  I know I wouldn't want to be thrown under the bus on live TV and I wouldn't want someone I really cared about thrown under the bus on live TV for everyone elses entertainment....to be watched over and over again.

Both Jason and Melissa went on to being in great marriages and I am happy for both of them.  

That's the irony with this particular situation.  It WAS a happy ending for all involved, which is hard to say for most people involved with the Bachelor franchise.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)