• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is Us(2/14)

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

A recap if you need one...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/this-is-us-valentines-day-recap/

Lisa

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/118559 the TV Talk board...a place to talk about TV

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM

This was a heartbreaker for sure.

I can't help but wonder what will happen with Kevin's career?  I am happy that he went to Randall in the end because he could tell Randall needed him...he knew from the beginning of the day that everything wasn't right.  I love how their relationship appears to be growing....where Kevin use to always rely on Kate....now he is bonding with Randall.

Miguel...Miguel...Miguel...There is part of me that can't help but think that he likes to cause trouble between Jack and Rebecca.  This is the second time that he has said something to Jack(and maybe it's being a good friend) that makes me feel like he is trying to cause friction between the two of them.  I had to laugh at the part where he WAVED and WINKED at the girl.  LMAO.  And in the end when he talked to Kevin....well, that redeemed him a little bit in my eyes.  I still don't care for him, but he was talking about his best friend and you could tell it was sincere.

Jack....OMG, he has started drinking again.  Rebecca and her tour has brought it all on again.  I can't blame him for being upset that she didn't tell him about her ex-boyfriend.  And then to tell him that she couldn't have him ruin everything by standing in the way.  OUCH!!! That is a pretty hurtful statement.

Duke...I am happy HE is gone!!!

Kate and Toby.  Woah...that suit.  haha.  Kate not being able to talk about her dad.  It is interestings that she still can't bring herself to say anything and it's been 10-20 years.  I know it's hard....no matter what the age when you lose a parent.  A friend of mine told me about her mom, who passed 35 years ago and it brought tears to her eyes but she could verbalize.  It does make me wonder if the boys are the same way.  I assume that Sophie and Beth have been told everything....but it's interesting that Kate just can't say anything.

William...with how fast he is going down hill I think we might see him leave this earth in the last 3 episodes of the season.

And who else cried during the brothers hugging???

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Quoting pixie124:

I can't help but wonder what will happen with Kevin's career?  I am happy that he went to Randall in the end because he could tell Randall needed him...he knew from the beginning of the day that everything wasn't right.  I love how their relationship appears to be growing....where Kevin use to always rely on Kate....now he is bonding with Randall. - Me too! At the beginning of the series, it seemed like Kevin was all about Kevin, he has really grown. 

Miguel...Miguel...Miguel...There is part of me that can't help but think that he likes to cause trouble between Jack and Rebecca.  This is the second time that he has said something to Jack(and maybe it's being a good friend) that makes me feel like he is trying to cause friction between the two of them.  I had to laugh at the part where he WAVED and WINKED at the girl.  LMAO.  And in the end when he talked to Kevin....well, that redeemed him a little bit in my eyes.  I still don't care for him, but he was talking about his best friend and you could tell it was sincere. - LOL! I kind of agree, when Kevin and Miguel were talking, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about Miguel. He said that Jack was his best friend, so I am hoping he was a good friend in return. 

Jack....OMG, he has started drinking again.  Rebecca and her tour has brought it all on again.  I can't blame him for being upset that she didn't tell him about her ex-boyfriend.  And then to tell him that she couldn't have him ruin everything by standing in the way.  OUCH!!! That is a pretty hurtful statement. - Poor Jack! He was holding it together pretty well, until the band guy started talking to him. Which I am pretty sure he did that to Jack on purpose :-(.

Kate and Toby.  Woah...that suit.  haha.  Kate not being able to talk about her dad.  It is interestings that she still can't bring herself to say anything and it's been 10-20 years.  I know it's hard....no matter what the age when you lose a parent.  A friend of mine told me about her mom, who passed 35 years ago and it brought tears to her eyes but she could verbalize.  It does make me wonder if the boys are the same way.  I assume that Sophie and Beth have been told everything....but it's interesting that Kate just can't say anything. - I so thought we were going to find out what happened to Jack! Thinking back, I also noticed that the older Rebecca, hasn't mentioned Jack's death either. Ugh! Why is it such a big secret? Lol! 

William...with how fast he is going down hill I think we might see him leave this earth in the last 3 episodes of the season.

And who else cried during the brothers hugging??? - Me! Me! 

LadyAmaranth
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Will watch on Saturday and give comments then.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:34 PM

Because of the crossover NCIS thing, I didn't watch this yet

Quoting pixie124:

A recap if you need one...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/this-is-us-valentines-day-recap/

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I thought it was a mistake for Kevin to leave his play, but it did lead to a beautiful scene that had me crying.  I love how Miguel was the (IMO) the impetus for Kevin to act. 

I suppose being a former Step-parent I feel for Miguel.  I know how hard it can be to break into an established family.  My step kids and I always had a polite relationship, much like Miguel does with his "step children". It was a nice moment between Kevin and Miguel.  I am glad the creators aren't vilifying him.

So now I am thinking Jack dies in a drunk and driving accident and Kate was there with him in the car.  Not sure what to think.

I liked Tobey's jacket...but a wedding a water park??? NO WAY!!!!  haha

ETA:  I'm not sure what to think about the Rebecca/Jack fight.  He should have been honest with her from the start.

How old do you all think the kids were in this episode?  Kevin was having sex. 16? Younger?  

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Quoting pixie124:

I can't help but wonder what will happen with Kevin's career?  I am happy that he went to Randall in the end because he could tell Randall needed him...he knew from the beginning of the day that everything wasn't right.  I love how their relationship appears to be growing....where Kevin use to always rely on Kate....now he is bonding with Randall. - Me too! At the beginning of the series, it seemed like Kevin was all about Kevin, he has really grown. 

Miguel...Miguel...Miguel...There is part of me that can't help but think that he likes to cause trouble between Jack and Rebecca.  This is the second time that he has said something to Jack(and maybe it's being a good friend) that makes me feel like he is trying to cause friction between the two of them.  I had to laugh at the part where he WAVED and WINKED at the girl.  LMAO.  And in the end when he talked to Kevin....well, that redeemed him a little bit in my eyes.  I still don't care for him, but he was talking about his best friend and you could tell it was sincere. - LOL! I kind of agree, when Kevin and Miguel were talking, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about Miguel. He said that Jack was his best friend, so I am hoping he was a good friend in return. I feel like Miguel has always supported his marriage with Rebecca.  He recoginizes their love for each other.  In this episode he reassures Jack Rebecca wouldn't cheat on him.

Jack....OMG, he has started drinking again.  Rebecca and her tour has brought it all on again.  I can't blame him for being upset that she didn't tell him about her ex-boyfriend.  And then to tell him that she couldn't have him ruin everything by standing in the way.  OUCH!!! That is a pretty hurtful statement. - Poor Jack! He was holding it together pretty well, until the band guy started talking to him. Which I am pretty sure he did that to Jack on purpose :-(.

Kate and Toby.  Woah...that suit.  haha.  Kate not being able to talk about her dad.  It is interestings that she still can't bring herself to say anything and it's been 10-20 years.  I know it's hard....no matter what the age when you lose a parent.  A friend of mine told me about her mom, who passed 35 years ago and it brought tears to her eyes but she could verbalize.  It does make me wonder if the boys are the same way.  I assume that Sophie and Beth have been told everything....but it's interesting that Kate just can't say anything. - I so thought we were going to find out what happened to Jack! Thinking back, I also noticed that the older Rebecca, hasn't mentioned Jack's death either. Ugh! Why is it such a big secret? Lol! 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 12:08 PM

Quoting cynnie22:

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Quoting pixie124:

Miguel...Miguel...Miguel...There is part of me that can't help but think that he likes to cause trouble between Jack and Rebecca.  This is the second time that he has said something to Jack(and maybe it's being a good friend) that makes me feel like he is trying to cause friction between the two of them.  I had to laugh at the part where he WAVED and WINKED at the girl.  LMAO.  And in the end when he talked to Kevin....well, that redeemed him a little bit in my eyes.  I still don't care for him, but he was talking about his best friend and you could tell it was sincere. - LOL! I kind of agree, when Kevin and Miguel were talking, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about Miguel. He said that Jack was his best friend, so I am hoping he was a good friend in return. I feel like Miguel has always supported his marriage with Rebecca.  He recoginizes their love for each other.  In this episode he reassures Jack Rebecca wouldn't cheat on him. - I am not sure, maybe it was just Miguel being happy that Kevin stayed and talked to him? I do agree, that Miguel has supported Jack and Rebecca's marriage, but I feel like there is something under the surface so to speak. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Miguel has had feelings for Rebecca when she was with Jack. Sometimes I do feel bad for Miguel in the present scenes by the way he is treated by the big three. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 17, 2017 at 7:36 AM

Quoting cynnie22:

Honestly I thought it was a mistake for Kevin to leave his play, but it did lead to a beautiful scene that had me crying.  I love how Miguel was the (IMO) the impetus for Kevin to act. ---I am really curious to see what Kevin comes back to.  Will there even be a play anymore?  Who is acting in the play?  What the follow out is from that.

I suppose being a former Step-parent I feel for Miguel.  I know how hard it can be to break into an established family.  My step kids and I always had a polite relationship, much like Miguel does with his "step children". It was a nice moment between Kevin and Miguel.  I am glad the creators aren't vilifying him.  ---Miguel appears to be okay now but in the past he was really scumbag like IMO.  Either he was jealous of Jack and Rebecca's relationship in the past or he has a thing for Rebecca.  It has nothing to do with him actually being a step parent NOW that bothers me about him...it's the way that he got there that has me on edge.

So now I am thinking Jack dies in a drunk and driving accident and Kate was there with him in the car.  Not sure what to think.  ---You know...I never thought of this, but I think you could be right.

I liked Tobey's jacket...but a wedding a water park??? NO WAY!!!!  haha ---Haha 

ETA:  I'm not sure what to think about the Rebecca/Jack fight.  He should have been honest with her from the start.  ---Rebecca can be so head strong I don't know if it would have really mattered when they had that fight.  So I think he was trying to keep the peace in their marriage...knowing that it could be really bad.

How old do you all think the kids were in this episode?  Kevin was having sex. 16? Younger?  ---They look like the 16 year old kids, so that would be my guess. 

pixie124
by Owner & Admin on Feb. 17, 2017 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Quoting pixie124:

Miguel...Miguel...Miguel...There is part of me that can't help but think that he likes to cause trouble between Jack and Rebecca.  This is the second time that he has said something to Jack(and maybe it's being a good friend) that makes me feel like he is trying to cause friction between the two of them.  I had to laugh at the part where he WAVED and WINKED at the girl.  LMAO.  And in the end when he talked to Kevin....well, that redeemed him a little bit in my eyes.  I still don't care for him, but he was talking about his best friend and you could tell it was sincere. - LOL! I kind of agree, when Kevin and Miguel were talking, I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about Miguel. He said that Jack was his best friend, so I am hoping he was a good friend in return. 

Jack....OMG, he has started drinking again.  Rebecca and her tour has brought it all on again.  I can't blame him for being upset that she didn't tell him about her ex-boyfriend.  And then to tell him that she couldn't have him ruin everything by standing in the way.  OUCH!!! That is a pretty hurtful statement. - Poor Jack! He was holding it together pretty well, until the band guy started talking to him. Which I am pretty sure he did that to Jack on purpose :-(.  ---YES!!!  I am almost positive that Ben did all that on purpose.  Trying to cause friction in the marriage.

Kate and Toby.  Woah...that suit.  haha.  Kate not being able to talk about her dad.  It is interestings that she still can't bring herself to say anything and it's been 10-20 years.  I know it's hard....no matter what the age when you lose a parent.  A friend of mine told me about her mom, who passed 35 years ago and it brought tears to her eyes but she could verbalize.  It does make me wonder if the boys are the same way.  I assume that Sophie and Beth have been told everything....but it's interesting that Kate just can't say anything. - I so thought we were going to find out what happened to Jack! Thinking back, I also noticed that the older Rebecca, hasn't mentioned Jack's death either. Ugh! Why is it such a big secret? Lol! ---I can't but wonder if it brings up a lot of bad feelings in the family.

cynnie22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I just don't see why Miguel is being vilified. Can y'all give me some examples of things he has said or done that leads you to believe he is some sort of bad person?
To me he is always seem to Super supportive of Jack and Rebecca's marriage. Perhaps he is in a bit of awe of their love. And maybe he does covet that for himself. But I don't see him making any moves on Rebecca.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)