Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm starting to hate Marie Osmond!

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

hahahaha.

Why do I hate her?  I've been watching a lot of Lifetime movies and Hallmark movies, so those networks show the Nutrisystem ads ALL the time. 

I'm sick of "I'm Marie and I lost 50 lbs".   Shut up skinny beatch.  

HAHAHAHAHA

I thought these ads would be heavy in Jan & Feb (New Year's resolutions and all of that), but it's May and they aren't letting up.

I guess I just have to deal with it.   ;)

Anyone else notice how often these commercials are on? 

(By the way, in my early 20s, I did NutriSystem.   Lost 20 lbs and then when I went back to eating regular food, I put it all back on again). 

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie124
by Owner & Admin on May. 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Haha...yes, we get it.  She lost weight.  And I am fat...just sitting here watching lifetime and hallmark movies.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Lol! I notice it all the time on The Hallmark Channel. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 16, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Right?  It's being shoved down our throats.

And if she stops eating their food?  The weight will go right back on.

Quoting pixie124:

Haha...yes, we get it.  She lost weight.  And I am fat...just sitting here watching lifetime and hallmark movies.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 16, 2017 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

What about when they do those 5 minute ads right in the middle of a movie?  I leave the room - bathroom break, laundry, get food....... hahaha

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Lol! I notice it all the time on The Hallmark Channel. 

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Oh gosh yes. So tired of weight loss commercials and her voice does get annoying.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 16, 2017 at 10:55 AM

There's one part where a blonde girl talks about being made fun of when she was younger for being fat and Marie does this "fake crying" crap and saying she knows how she feels.   Marie was a fat kid?  I don't remember that.   Maybe I'm just snarky today..... LOL

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Oh gosh yes. So tired of weight loss commercials and her voice does get annoying.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM

No, she was heavy when doing the Donny and Marie show. She was a teen then and got a lot of flack over it(you know how they harp on any girl who grew up in Hollywood and had that awkward weight gain during teen years...which is normal). She had weight issues off and on for many years so I don't think her tears are necessarily fake but certainly not needed. I don't know ANY teen girl who wasn't teased about something in school. Have to stop letting it define us for the next 50 years...kwim? It's high school and we all change afterwards(even the big bad "bullies").

Quoting LisaLoopner:

There's one part where a blonde girl talks about being made fun of when she was younger for being fat and Marie does this "fake crying" crap and saying she knows how she feels.   Marie was a fat kid?  I don't remember that.   Maybe I'm just snarky today..... LOL

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 16, 2017 at 11:00 AM

Oh okay... I just didn't remember her being chubby or anything like that and I watched The Donny & Marie Show.   

I think the tears at that point seemed forced, so they came across as insincere.   I enjoy hearing the other people's stories, so I thought it took away from what the girl was saying.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

No, she was heavy when doing the Donny and Marie show. She was a teen then and got a lot of flack over it(you know how they harp on any girl who grew up in Hollywood and had that awkward weight gain during teen years...which is normal). She had weight issues off and on for many years so I don't think her tears are necessarily fake but certainly not needed. I don't know ANY teen girl who wasn't teased about something in school. Have to stop letting it define us for the next 50 years...kwim? It's high school and we all change afterwards(even the big bad "bullies").

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

She was never what most would think of as chubby but for Hollywood...she was fat.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Oh okay... I just didn't remember her being chubby or anything like that and I watched The Donny & Marie Show.   

I think the tears at that point seemed forced, so they came across as insincere.   I enjoy hearing the other people's stories, so I thought it took away from what the girl was saying.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Gotcha!

It makes me think of Karen Carpenter.  It's so sad to think she starved herself to death.  :(

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

She was never what most would think of as chubby but for Hollywood...she was fat.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)