Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Voice - Semifinale - 8 Becomes 4

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 141 Total Views

http://tvline.com/2017/05/16/the-voice-recap-top-8-season-12-hunter-plake-brennley-brown-eliminated/

Follow me to TV Talk - a place to talk about anything/everything TV related!

by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
flowrsgalore
why am I on CM when I have a million other things to do!
Yesterday at 8:25 PM
by Member on May. 17, 2017 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay! Lauren made it. Pretty much expected she would. It's neat driving the kids to school hearing the update of the show on the local radio station. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM

I was happy and not surprised to see Lauren and Chris Blue make it in.    

I was SHOCKED that Aliyah made it in.   Sorry but I don't see her as a better choice than some of the others.  I thought she was a definite goner. 

I honestly thought Brennley would make it into the finals. 

I was happy for Jesse that he got the 4th spot. 

I still think it's Chris or Lauren for the win.

Quoting LisaLoopner:

http://tvline.com/2017/05/16/the-voice-recap-top-8-season-12-hunter-plake-brennley-brown-eliminated/

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2017 at 12:38 PM

One other thing I want to comment on...

I won't miss Gwen.   I've been nice and giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think she brought much as far as a good coach.   I might even think Miley did more (GASP - did I just say that?).   

Quoting LisaLoopner:

LadyAmaranth
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2017 at 1:49 PM

LOL I agree about Gwen as a coach. It will be interesting seeing how the new folks do next season.
I was a bit bummed over Brennley but didn't figure she'd win in the end anyway.

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2017 at 7:52 PM

That's how I felt about Brennley.   She's young, though, so I think her future in country music could still be bright, especially if Blake "adopts" her like he's done with a few others.  

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

LOL I agree about Gwen as a coach. It will be interesting seeing how the new folks do next season.I was a bit bummed over Brennley but didn't figure she'd win in the end anyway.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM

I am shocked that Aaliyah made it too. I do have to admit the last two weeks, she was better. I am a little shocked about Vanessa. It seemed at the beginning she was riding high. I wasn't big on when she sang Superstar. I love The Carpenters original version. I think it might have went better if she did their version versus Luther Vandross'. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 19, 2017 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!  With her alto voice, I think Vanessa would have done a better job with the Carpenters version of Superstar.   I'm somewhat curious if Vanessa and Chris Blue split votes, which is what they think happened with Brennley and Lauren.   

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am shocked that Aaliyah made it too. I do have to admit the last two weeks, she was better. I am a little shocked about Vanessa. It seemed at the beginning she was riding high. I wasn't big on when she sang Superstar. I love The Carpenters original version. I think it might have went better if she did their version versus Luther Vandross'. 

LisaLoopner
by Group Owner on May. 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Look what you've got me hooked on.... LOL

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2017 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! I have been listening to my iTunes at work lately and that song is one there and I always have to replay it. 

Quoting LisaLoopner:

Look what you've got me hooked on.... LOL

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)